Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 7:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynor
    BJJ striking is great for what it does. I was taught to set up takedowns with simple, effective strikes, borrowed from other arts. This has been proven to work. On the other hand, elbowing the grappler in the spine is proven NOT to work.
    Unless you're a girl.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:04pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynor
    BJJ striking is great for what it does. I was taught to set up takedowns with simple, effective strikes, borrowed from other arts. This has been proven to work. On the other hand, elbowing the grappler in the spine is proven NOT to work.
    Your argument that an elbow to the spine doesn't work on a trained grappler but the BJJ striking methods will work on a trained striker, or anyone with training?

I don't think that any of the striking methods in BJJ are as good as Boxing, MT, KK or any of that stuff.

And since JFS's ground grapple bullshit isn't as good as BJJ or Judo it is bullshit so......would that make BJJ bullshit if it is held to the same standard?

:5wow: I am amazed at the stupidity of your argument.

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:08pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Both judo and bjj teach a form of striking which is very limited compared to MT/Boxing/krotty.

Does this make those arts bullshido? If not, why not?
    When we get to "suboptimal," we have to define terms. I'd say it's:

* A technique that is inferior to another technique that serves the same purpose.

Royce threw lots of lazy side kicks in early UFCs. I don't think they were supoptimal at all, because they were an effective tool to set up his takedown. He proved it. Smilarly, if you can show that a technique used within its preferred strategy is inferior to another technique used for the same or a similar strategy, you've proved sub-optimal technique.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact of the matter is that if someone wanted to learn how to box from me, they would be sorely disappointed in the quality of my skills and teaching ability. Every system has its strengths and its weaknesses, even BJJ. The irrational nutriding aside, I would not expect to learn to much skill in striking from Judo or BJJ so I would take it upon myself to go cross train. That doesn't mean that Judo or BJJ is BS.

I have no problem with JFS being exposed as Bullshit but some of the arguments that were posted up were stupid.

The staff all expected everyone to side with them without everyone else having the facts. I think that the sane thing to do was to stay moderate until the facts came in.

Cause there definitely wasn't any convincing arguments either way until the evidence came in.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with that was that I am not sure that anyone had responded to what was actually going on in those pictures. I read you label them as the anti grapple and all that **** but there was nothing convincing.

I am trying to say that the lack of information in this whole fiasco was appalling until the end. There was little info to back up the claims that were made on either side and how could anyone actually expect to make an informed judgement off of the bullshit that was posted in the investigation or any of your arguments.

And that whole post you quoted was just trying to illustrate how stupid your argument was. I by no stretch of the imagination feel that an elbow to the spine is the anti grapple and I agree with the claims made by Anthony now only after seeing all of the evidence.
    Last edited by MONGO; 2/09/2006 8:48pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what it looks like, I have no problem seeing that in most places that it could be construed as crappling but there was none of the other info to add a context to what was being shown. For all I know, it could have degenerated into something else.

Its logical for others not to pick a side unless there is all the facts.

Your convincing argument was that he don't know the grapple and still pictures show him doing the grapple. The entire thing ended up like a popularity contest without any factual basis until now.

To most of us that didn't have all the info, it looked like a war between assholes. You and Anthony against JFS, no real reason to be too convinced that either side was logical or had any particularly extensive MA education to side with out of good faith.
    Last edited by MONGO; 2/09/2006 9:00pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No fliers........ just saw pictures and read a buncha what ifs about what they construed.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah gotcha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 9:03am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both judo and bjj teach a form of striking which is very limited compared to MT/Boxing/krotty.

Does this make those arts bullshido? If not, why not?
    Simply because they don't and never did claim to teach nothing more then grappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 9:05am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can have a taekwondo school that only does point sparring, and if they say "we are gonna teach you to be the deadly" then its bullshit but if they say "we are going to teach you to be experts in point sparring or we will teach you how to kick lighting fast" then its not bullshit.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast