Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:16pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched last year and competed the year before. Boyd's right about the waiting. My division was supposed to start at 12 pm, I didn't get on the mat until after 10:30 that night. I heard last year the waiting wasn't as bad, but still pretty lengthy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 10:42am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard what Ronin.74 and Boyd have said about the waiting from a bunch of people, apparently, each year it is getting better. This time there is supposed to be a completely seperate building for bjj.

To me it's worth it though, even with a wait, because I can go to all of the smaller tournaments in Nashville, Lexington, Indianapolis but I'm not going to find the level of competition I'll find in Columbus. Bring on the sandbaggers!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 9:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    I don't have the particulars yet. I will be sure to make one when I do.

It might be the bluegrass open. I'll check tonight at class.

Garbanzo Bean, I'd just like to tell you that everytime I see you post, I associate your name now with Kyra Gracie. So I view you as a hot brazilian woman.
  4. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :laughing7
  5. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap!!!
    Do to financial constraints...I decided not to attend.

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 1:54pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got more info on the BJJ tourney in Louisville. Check out my most recent post on the thread you slack-asses:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31533

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 9:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The day has come. Weigh ins are in the Convention Center (not the Nationwide Arena) today from 11am-11pm.
  8. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by relytjj
    The day has come. Weigh ins are in the Convention Center (not the Nationwide Arena) today from 11am-11pm.
    Good Luck to you and Lama_XY. (and any other Bullshidoka that are going)
  9. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 8:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    relytjj...lama_XY...
    results anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes when training is going very well you begin to think you're good. That your improving and that it's a very good possibility that you'll make blue belt in 2006 (at least in skill level). Then that confidence gets removed when somebody shoves some humble pie down your throat.

My first match went well. Was able to suck in a single leg and then trip the standing leg putting me into mount immediately. Held the mount for a bit, tiring him out, then setup the brabo grip and transisitioned to knee on the belly for points. After I had gotten the points there I slid down into side control to look for north south but I ended up taking mount again because that's what he gave me and it ended there on points before time ran up. I was a bit dissapointed I didn't finish the guy with a sub, but I'll take the victory.

My second match involved a bit more time on the feet feeling each other out, I was able to sprawl and defend a couple of his takedown attempts. Then, after getting and over and under I dragged him towards my under and attempted to hip throw him. Why? Because I'm stupid. I had the positioning, but i bet he saw it coming a mile away and he powered me down into side control. Basically, in retrospect, it was like pulling side control, which was terribly dumb. His top game was good. I was able to get 1/2 guard and then guard back, he ended up passing and getting mount. I pulled the belt escaped and went for both ankles and missed the sweep, he ended up back in my guard. I tried to work the whizzer sweep, hip buck, and kimura at times but he basically held me down for a victory. Most of the time on the ground he just held me in position, which forced me to take action to escape. Well played on his part and his jiu-jitsu was much better than mine. I'm definitely a top game player and this loss just reflected how badly I need to bring my bottom game up to par.

Lessons learned from the Gracie Worlds:

1) my jiu-jitsu needs serious work (takedowns, escapes from side control) and i'm still an average white belt
    2) Relson Gracie is an unproffessional asshole and I'll never attend any event put on by him ever again (yes, i would say this to his face)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast