Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    Any art that claims to "take the best of many other arts and combine them" always seems to turn out to be bullshit.

You know why?

Because to get "the best" out of each individual art you need to train that art untill you can claim to have a certain level of proficiency in it.

If I trained BJJ for three months I could not say with a straight face "oh yeah, I took the best of BJJ and moved on from there!" because my BJJ will fucking suck donkey dick.

Adding my three months of BJJ to my other arts will barely make a difference, I'll still suck on the ground.

An art that tries to teach all these other arts at the same time, will always have the problem of teaching several watered down crappy arts without a decent level of understanding at the same time. Which doesn't really get you any better at fighting.

The only possible exception is MMA, but that's a whole other can of worms, as they dont deal in styles, they deal in ranges..and no one claims MMA is "One Art".
    You do have a point. :cachas:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Yoseikan Budo Instructor

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 6:05pm

Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not the case here

Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    Any art that claims to "take the best of many other arts and combine them" always seems to turn out to be bullshit.

You know why?

Because to get "the best" out of each individual art you need to train that art untill you can claim to have a certain level of proficiency in it.
    If you will do a search of Yoseikan Budo you will find that Minoru Mochizuki and his son Hiroo Mochizuki HAVE trained in those arts to recognized levels of proficiency.

I do agree with you for the most part that most arts that claim this are BS. However, there is more than enough documentation out there to prove this about Yoseikan Budo. Is it the end all be all of martial arts? No, of course not, none are. It is a very complete art that hits on all the areas that people look at (throws, strikes, pins, weapons, etc) when wanting to be in a martial art. As with anything it relies on the individual and their own skills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 6:23pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the "enlightenments" part of this website is just plain stupid http://www.konigunninjutsu.com/
    quotes like :

"Listen with your eyes.

See with your ears.

Try not, do. "**** I think this guy is master Yoda!!!

Nature cannot be beaten, so if you and nature are as one you cannot be beaten." thats logic...
    "I like reality. It tastes of bread." now what is that supposed to mean?!?!

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 6:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    the "enlightenments" part of this website is just plain stupid http://www.konigunninjutsu.com/
    quotes like :

"Listen with your eyes.

See with your ears.

Try not, do. "**** I think this guy is master Yoda!!!

Nature cannot be beaten, so if you and nature are as one you cannot be beaten." thats logic...
    "I like reality. It tastes of bread." now what is that supposed to mean?!?!
    That's nothing. Did you see the Math of Fighting article? According to it, you can close your skin pores at will, and control the air around you... this is a fucking Jedi manual, and yet, I don't see a reference to the midichlorians!!!!!

On another note you can close your skin pores by not taking a shower, and you can control the air around you by :5badair:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 7:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feathr
    On to the way my papers were served:
    I was at work when they showed up at my house. Of course, no one was home, so they went next door to my husband's 80+ year old grandparents and gave them some "papers" for me. Did not state what the papers were, and did not deliver them to my home. Anyone got an opinion on that?
    That's usually not good service, but you need to check with a lawyer who knows the State law and local rules.

Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    So...they threw papers at your wife, and this has you raging...not something I would post on an internet forum and say "Look how terrible these people are!" cause honestly, they look pathetic, but so do you for getting so freakin' mad.

You should be laughing at them for being such asswipes in public, not freaking out.
    I thought the same thing. They're trying to serve you with process, and they didn't do anything illegal. I had to read it twice to see what the real problem was. I know why he's upset though. If they upset my wife like that, I'd be pissed too. But I would not consider anybody "dangerous" based on that scenario. Maybe my idea of "dangerous" is different than yours.

I mean.... ****... they're just ninjas... It's not like they're Hell's Angels or some thing...
    Last edited by Mr. Mantis; 2/09/2006 7:59pm at .
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:14pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBudoka
    If you will do a search of Yoseikan Budo you will find that Minoru Mochizuki and his son Hiroo Mochizuki HAVE trained in those arts to recognized levels of proficiency.

I do agree with you for the most part that most arts that claim this are BS. However, there is more than enough documentation out there to prove this about Yoseikan Budo. Is it the end all be all of martial arts? No, of course not, none are. It is a very complete art that hits on all the areas that people look at (throws, strikes, pins, weapons, etc) when wanting to be in a martial art. As with anything it relies on the individual and their own skills.
    You missed my point.

My point is not that you can't learn more than one art. I myself have gotten fairly good at more than one. The point is that to add all "the best" parts of several arts, into one art, and then teach that one art is a silly idea. You'll miss out on the best parts.

you'll just teach people to suck at several arts. If you think that the judo in your curriculum wouldhold up against a judoka who practiced judo exclusively for a time, you're wrong. Your students would get murdered at that range.

it's the latest craze in MA, just throw a bunch of **** together and give it a new name.

PS **** Minoru Mochizuki and the cult he rode in on. Name dropping impresses Thanos if Titan not in the least. (hehe)

http://www.yoseikanbudo.com/eng/index.shtml He did study under Kano, so that's cool.

But go to the photos section, this MA is as I feared.
    Last edited by Jitsuman; 2/09/2006 8:24pm at .

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    That's usually not good service, but you need to check with a lawyer who knows the State law and local rules.

I thought the same thing. They're trying to serve you with process, and they didn't do anything illegal. I had to read it twice to see what the real problem was. I know why he's upset though. If they upset my wife like that, I'd be pissed too. But I would not consider anybody "dangerous" based on that scenario. Maybe my idea of "dangerous" is different than yours.

I mean.... ****... they're just ninjas... It's not like they're Hell's Angels or some thing...
    Perhaps they are just harmless pajama lords, but it's better to err on the side of being a bit paranoid. From what I've read in the e-budo forums and here so far, the whole behavior displayed by these ninjas is plain erratic... I would even dare to say cultish, bullyish and mentally unstable.

These dudes are certainly pissed, and they are not necesarily Harvard material. Stupid people without moral boundaries can escalate **** to dangerous levels when pissed. What if they have shoved/pushed the daughter/wife? What if the ladies had panicked enough to try and push them back?

Those punks who threw the papers were not only servicing with process; they were looking for a beef, they were looking to push buttons...

... maybe cuz I live in South Florida, I prefer to see things like these with my paranoid binoculars. :smiley:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pajama lords.........ROFL..........if u a Ninjer an u not Xkan then Fuk you.

Ninja Wars in the Southern part of america by Country Ass grits an Eggs Japanophiles......wow

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baator-Steel
    There was more to it than that. Coming into his dojo and threatning and harrasing his students and taking pictures of his wife and daughter...
    They are playing terrorist doing stuff like that its a fear game they are playing and it is pathetic. He should be upset though that they did that. I sure would be.
    Someone needs to alert George Bush!

A REAL ninja would have assassinated you by now. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:43pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha I really needed that . Poop Loops you have no idea how much I needed that laughf tonight.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast