Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:22pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by losttrak
    Just ignore people that say such things... Troll BS. Only someone who had nothing to protect or defend would say such a thing.

Bottom Line: Anyone who tries to strongarm people like that deserve what is coming to them.
    Uhh were you telling me to ignore what ICY said or calling me a troll? I am not quite sure.

I wasnt trying to be a troll if I came off that way. If it was the other way I just dont like people being jumped onto unfairly and I know how id have reacted in his sitiuation. I have always been a defender its part of my nature I guess. Sorry.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:38pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Not trying to be a pandora-box-boy, but how this website (or any website for that matter) be legally implicated by posting pics of these assholes when they were taken in full view in public? Maybe I'm missunderstanding/oversimplifying something here...
    Because I have no idea of the legalities of posting pictures of private individuals taken without their consent in the state of Texas.

If, say, someone then beat on of these guys up, and their picture was posted here ... see?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:44pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baator-Steel
    Uhh were you telling me to ignore what ICY said or calling me a troll? I am not quite sure.

I wasnt trying to be a troll if I came off that way. If it was the other way I just dont like people being jumped onto unfairly and I know how id have reacted in his sitiuation. I have always been a defender its part of my nature I guess. Sorry.
    Baator,

Naw I wasn't aiming that towards you. My apologies for not formatting the quote section properly. I just think it is trite when people (ICY) begin to imperiously claim someone was acting like an idiot, when they would likely react the same way if someone barged into their school and did the same.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would definately NOT post those pictures here.

However, if you want to PM them to me, I would gladly accept them. Or, if liability is an issue for the site, you can get my email address from a PM. I of course, would then give these pictures via email to any other members interested.

You are dealing with a headcase. And headcases that threaten your family are dangerous. I know there is an embroiled legal battle, and you are defending yourselves in that arena. But when they make it a face to face thing with your family...thats a whole other side of self defense. I certainly hope you have prepared yourself and your family for what could become a very ugly situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:30pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No pictures please

There will be no posting of pictures to this website, though the guy did pose for the photo. No, that post was from another website that just copied over, so don't sweat pictures, I saved those for my lawyer.

Now, for a couple of folks, like Mjelva: your implication is that my daughter knows aikido and that is bad. You need to do a little homework on Yoseikan Budo and it should be easy because it is all over Europe. We take the best of karate, judo,aikido,jiujutsu, and kobudo and combine it into one very effective art. Edgar Kruygar in the Netherlands has two books out about it contact him, but don't lump us in with the Ki Society, we practice our arts for different reasons.

Nope, my daughter is not built like a tank, quite the contrary but she is very good at what we do. We work hard in Yoseikan to not have problems with people and she has been taught to be in control, but when my child says she felt "violated" and "threatened" then I was glad to have given her permission to defend herself (and her mother by the way) with the full measure of her skills.

A few of you think this is no big deal, just throw some papers down, talk a little trash, and leave, they did not hurt anyone so screw it. Well, you know what, if I had been there or they had come to my house (which they could not find) then okay, give me the papers and be on your way. But, they did not do that, they went after my wife, my daughter, and some of the children and parents from my classes. Did they touch them, no. Did they frighten them, yes. Did they intimidate them, absolutely. So why post this: because if they would drive 750 miles to do this to me, no one is safe from this kind of harrassment and everyone needs to know that you can be treated the same way. Is it fair that these people can do this b.s. lawsuit, of course not but it did not stop them this time and it won't stop them the next time and, trust me, there will be a next time.

The other reason to post something like this. You get rid of cockroaches by turning on all of the lights and then killing the bugs. People who were once associated with this group of people are now in physical fear of being harmed by these folks and they need some way to have some peace about getting away from the group. So please, if you don't like what I wrote, that's okay, but at least support my right to say it.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:04pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranjero
    ...if they would drive 750 miles to do this....

That makes me think that maybe ICY is right.

HA HA HAH AH HA HA HA!!!! FUCKING LOSERS!!! LOSERS!!! AND HOW MUCH IS GAS RIGHT NOW!!!! HA HA HA HA!!! HILARIOUS!!! YOU TOTALLY OWNED THEM!!!! THAT ROX! DEFENDING YOURSELF FROM A LAWSUIT FTW!!!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope it is a big deal. No one is saying it isn't. ICY in his normal short response summed it up a bit to tight for many people on this thread.

ICY was implying your irrational response is just as nutty as them throwing papers.

You have just said your art is the best of all worlds and your young daughter is a major ass kicker. This does sound irrational.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Because I have no idea of the legalities of posting pictures of private individuals taken without their consent in the state of Texas.

If, say, someone then beat on of these guys up, and their picture was posted here ... see?
    Ahhh, I understand now. I wasn't seeing it from that angle :tongue5:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Nope it is a big deal. No one is saying it isn't. ICY in his normal short response summed it up a bit to tight for many people on this thread.

ICY was implying your irrational response is just as nutty as them throwing papers.
    I don't see his response as irrational. He hasn't done anything rash or illegal, and what these people did to his family and students was highly inapropriate. Inapropriate enough to even request a restraining order. If someone is insane and rash enough to confront your wife and daugther like that is insane and rash enough to escalate it to a physical confrontation - or at the very least, scare the parents of those kids taking classes at his school (thus lose students/customers.)

Parents are not going to think the details as posted in e-budo or bullshido. They are going to go "holy crap, what the **** is going on here? I'm taking my kids outta here." Lost of students at the very least, physical confrontation at the worst. People have been stabbed for an iPOD, what makes you think there will be a limit in what these people can do?

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    You have just said your art is the best of all worlds and your young daughter is a major ass kicker. This does sound irrational.
    He didn't say his art is the best of all words; he said their art is very effective by taking the best of other arts (whether that's true or not, me don't know), but at least I don't see how what he wrote can be interpreted in the way you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Agranjero
    We take the best of karate, judo,aikido,jiujutsu, and kobudo and combine it into one very effective art.
    And besides, what's irrational about him saying hid daughter is a major ass kicker? So far, he said she can defend herself, but even if he actually claimed that she is a great ass kicker, is that an impossible, absurd claim? Why cannot his daughter be able to kick ass???

Anyways, I think that's derailing the topic of this thread. Picking on his art and on his daughter's fighting abilities seems like a rather strange response to someone who just had his family harrassed.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 5:31pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any art that claims to "take the best of many other arts and combine them" always seems to turn out to be bullshit.

You know why?

Because to get "the best" out of each individual art you need to train that art untill you can claim to have a certain level of proficiency in it.

If I trained BJJ for three months I could not say with a straight face "oh yeah, I took the best of BJJ and moved on from there!" because my BJJ will fucking suck donkey dick.

Adding my three months of BJJ to my other arts will barely make a difference, I'll still suck on the ground.

An art that tries to teach all these other arts at the same time, will always have the problem of teaching several watered down crappy arts without a decent level of understanding at the same time. Which doesn't really get you any better at fighting.

The only possible exception is MMA, but that's a whole other can of worms, as they dont deal in styles, they deal in ranges..and no one claims MMA is "One Art".
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast