Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/15/2006 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol
    no, they will not count as "untrained" just because you like it to be that way.
    Cultists being taught "ninjitsu" by an uncredentialed mass of heaving blubber with prior fraud convictions count as "untrained". They may actually fall into the elusive category "worse than untrained", as they stand a decent chance of attempting to dim mak her or knock her over with chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 12:45am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Poor Smeagol Againe

Smeagol and maybe a few others, I never said my daughter was frightened, nor did I say she was young. In fact she was mad, not frightened and we do train with ground work, self defense, judo, and hard strikes. Why cant people get past this idea that small doesn't mean pushover. Smeagol, do some damn home work and study a guy named Mifune. You know, 10th Dan in judo, I am looking at his book Canon of Judo right now. Mifune would fight all comers. He was 4'10" or so and weighed in at a whopping 112 pounds. (divide by 2.2 for kilos smeagol). There is a classic video of him defeating 5th dan judoka that were over 250 pounds. One of my teachers, she is 5'4" about 130 pounds and she can control me in ground fighting. Me, oh 6' and about 250 lbs. Her husband, our U.S. Techical Director, about 5'7" and about 140 lbs. and I watched him subdue an unruly shotokan student during a demonstration and Sensei never broke a sweat. No Smeagol, size is meaningless in a self-defense situation. It might matter in sparring or UFC or MMA competitions, that is why they have weight classes but in a street or self defense situation, sorry but size is not a factor,

By the way Smeagol, they are called "yo mama jokes" or "playing the dozens".
    It works like this, I heard yo mama was so fat the radio skips when she walks across the room. And then you come back with ....... Oh, come on Smeagol don't you know how to play?

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 1:14am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranjero
    Smeagol and maybe a few others, I never said my daughter was frightened, nor did I say she was young.
    My daughter feels violated and frightened and came very near to defending herself...
    but when my child says she felt "violated" and "threatened" then I was glad to have given her permission to defend herself (and her mother by the way) with the full measure of her skills.
    The term "CHILD" does not imply that she is very old.

Why cant people get past this idea that small doesn't mean pushover.
    No one has suggested she is a pushover, however I can see how after you have characterized her as a frightened threatened child why some of the commentary was made although it came off as a bit insensitive towards you and your family considering the circumstances.

size is meaningless in a self-defense situation. It might matter in sparring or UFC or MMA competitions, that is why they have weight classes but in a street or self defense situation, sorry but size is not a factor,
    Please explain these bold assertions as they make little sense to anyone who knows even a litttle about physics.

Anyway, I hope everything turns ot well for your you, your school and your family.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 1:16am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how could size NOT be a factor? how is that even possible? As for how much of a factor it is, that is open to discussion. BTW, sorry to hear about all these hassles but come on! not a factor?????

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd love to see his daughter wipe the floor with the two chumps who barged in like drunken sailors, BUT...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 6:15am

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yesh.

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 7:33am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how could size NOT be a factor? how is that even possible? As for how much of a factor it is, that is open to discussion. BTW, sorry to hear about all these hassles but come on! not a factor?????
    Size is a factor but how big of a factor is dependant on the skill differential of both fighters and the training and conditioning of both fighters. skill, conditioning and quality of training can make up for lack of physical prowess
    In weightlifting, I don't think sudden, uncontrolled urination should automatically disqualify you.
    "Second place!, That's just a fancy word for losing."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 8:16am

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnaeS
    Size is a factor but how big of a factor is dependant on the skill differential of both fighters and the training and conditioning of both fighters. skill, conditioning and quality of training can make up for lack of physical prowess
    that is true.

however, does anybody of you KNOW that those people were inferior in terms of skill?
    you assume that to make yourself feel good, but in reality you really don't know.
    but going through the day thinking that everybody you don't know is automatically less skilled than you is not a sane approach. you should think more of worst case scenarios, because you won't always be lucky.

and ... i guess most of you have fought someone that outweighted you by a lot, and wasn't completely unskilled.
    you may remember that even if the person wasn't particularly WELL skilled, it's still a bitch to fight someone who is a lot heavier/stronger

Yoseikan Budo Instructor

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 10:59am

Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smeagol - if you made more post like this one you wouldn't find nearly as many people on your case. This one actually looks thought out and isn't totally filled with dribble. Who knew.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 2:48pm

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back to the ninjers

Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Cultists being taught "ninjitsu" by an uncredentialed mass of heaving blubber with prior fraud convictions count as "untrained". They may actually fall into the elusive category "worse than untrained", as they stand a decent chance of attempting to dim mak her or knock her over with chi.
    Getting back to the topic of this thread...these guys that came to his school are dangerous. One of the guys described to have been there, the bald tanklike guy is said to have been in prison also. They have been known to teach dim mak and it could have been a much worse situation then what happened, although it was bad enough. These goons are pathetic and the fact that they don't have the decency as a human being, much less a martial artist with any type of honor to behave in such a manner shows the true character of the "style". Yes, in my opinion, it is actions such as this that aids in giving the entire style a bad name. Also, the above referenced bald, tanklike guy is listed as one of the plaintiffs on the lawsuit - he should not have even been there.

It seems that in each case of someone being served, there has been a "male enforcer" just in case things got ugly. It shows what these guys are used to dishing out.

As far as the daughter goes. I think she displayed a great deal of self-control. I also don't think it was because she was frightened. When I feel threatened in a bad situation, adrenaline usually takes over. In being that I am 5'5" and 120 lbs. I promise you that size doesn't mean a damn compared to adrenaline levels.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18 LastLast