Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see your bottle breaking and raise you with card slicing. Please note this is one of my employees...I only hire people with deadly ninja skills.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=steven+buss

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:36pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    I see your bottle breaking and raise you with card slicing. Please note this is one of my employees...I only hire people with deadly ninja skills.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=steven+buss

Gringo Grande
    Ha ha thats pretty cool. I am going to have to try that now. I think i saw someone stick a playing card in a watermellon once now that i think of it.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:46pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baator-Steel
    Ha ha thats pretty cool. I am going to have to try that now. I think i saw someone stick a playing card in a watermellon once now that i think of it.
    Mythbusters did an episode on card throwing. They built a machine that was spitting them out at something like 100 mph or something. They were trying to figure out if you could kill someone with them, and even their machine barely managed a paper cut.

Myth busted.

Dagon Akujin :XXfart:

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether you think it is dumb or not...Steven (the guy with the short hair in the video) and his roommate both have some fairly decent cuts on their forearms (and once nice forehead shot) from their hobby. Kill someone with your average playing card? No way. Cutting through soft fruits and veggies...certainly.

And that guy from mythbusters wearing the beret to cover his baldness is a moron. I'd love to have a mythbusters episode, "Can a big Pollock kick the crap out of a beret wearing fruitcake?". My money would be on true. =)

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    Whether you think it is dumb or not...Steven (the guy with the short hair in the video) and his roommate both have some fairly decent cuts on their forearms (and once nice forehead shot) from their hobby. Kill someone with your average playing card? No way. Cutting through soft fruits and veggies...certainly.

And that guy from mythbusters wearing the beret to cover his baldness is a moron. I'd love to have a mythbusters episode, "Can a big Pollock kick the crap out of a beret wearing fruitcake?". My money would be on true. =)

GG
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it's awsome, not dumb at all. And I'd much rather see the "Can Jamie Hyneman's beret protect him from a school of hungry sharks."

What kind of man has a name easily confused with hymen?

Dagon Akujin :hippy2:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:02pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I think its got more to do with the angle of the throw than the speed. kill someone with a card? No way. That is unless you have some of those metal throwing cards ive seen at the local flea market.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:17pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember an old David Letterman stupid human tricks where some frat boy dod the bottle trick. He used the open-palm method. Dave wanted to try it and got it on the second or third try. Maybe Dave should get a black belt?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Possible origin for the "cards can kill" myth would be Ricky Jay's 1977 book, "Cards as Weapons". Jay is a professional magician and entertainment historian and the book is a fun read. The weapon/self defense material isn't meant to be taken seriously, but he is an expert at power/accuracy throws with playing cards.

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    Possible origin for the "cards can kill" myth would be Ricky Jay's 1977 book, "Cards as Weapons". Jay is a professional magician and entertainment historian and the book is a fun read. The weapon/self defense material isn't meant to be taken seriously, but he is an expert at power/accuracy throws with playing cards.
    Ricky Jay was actually on the Mythbusters show, and said the idea of killing someone with a card came from an old legend he retold in one of his books.

:phil2: Dagon Akujin

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    I beleive he was on the Myth Busters episode with the card throwing machine. I think they basically said his book was the most probable origin of the myth. If it is him, I loved the quick draw scene with Adam where he has that foam block on his chest. That was pretty funny to see.

*edit* too slow!!
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12