Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jackson Ky
    Posts
    294
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Glass bottle breaking

    Ok I admit I like pulling off tricks like breaking coconuts and bricks and junk.
    I always tell them its all physics or a trick though. I ran across this little demo clip online and thought it was worth showing. Its BS yes but still looks pretty neat.

    http://mkmartialarts.com/videos/2004_bottles.mpg

    I couldnt manage the open hand one not sure why. I think I just wasnt making a good seal on the top of the bottle. The elbow break was pretty easy for me to do.
    This is a pretty neat trick to do around your drinking buddies.

    This link tells a bit more about how to pull this trick off.

    http://www.astoundingsecrets.com/strong.htm

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned how to do that from some frat boys. I always laugh when 'marital artists' do tricks that I learned from a couple of guys who had no skills but bong fu.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    88
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's cool but this is even cooler:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/scottmil...ce_experiment/

    There's a video on the page showing what happens when you drop chewy mints into a bottle of pop.

    This thread should probably be in General BS
    Last edited by Chance; 2/09/2006 9:54am at .

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    88
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hang on though that method of smashing the bottom of the bottle out in the vids is probably a safer way of arming yourself with a broken bottle than slamming it against a table and ending up with a shredded hand.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jackson Ky
    Posts
    294
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    Hang on though that method of smashing the bottom of the bottle out in the vids is probably a safer way of arming yourself with a broken bottle than slamming it against a table and ending up with a shredded hand.

    No not really most of the time just the bottem pops off and its not really jagged and sharp.
    Id never try to use a bottle in a bar fight. It be much easier to just choke them out. Besides once you do something like that its pretty iffy legaly and the guy your fighting justfiable so would be in danger for his life and open to use deadly force on you. Its best to just not be involved in a bar fight at all. They are usually pretty stupid and a good way to get shot, knifed, or hurt badly. Least thats how it is at "The Hillbilly Palace" down here.

    Im a beliver in fight only when you absolutley have too. Its way diffrent than when in a mma event or in Ju Jitsu class.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    88
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baator-Steel
    No not really most of the time just the bottem pops off and its not really jagged and sharp.
    Id never try to use a bottle in a bar fight. It be much easier to just choke them out. Besides once you do something like that its pretty iffy legaly and the guy your fighting justfiable so would be in danger for his life and open to use deadly force on you. Its best to just not be involved in a bar fight at all. They are usually pretty stupid and a good way to get shot, knifed, or hurt badly. Least thats how it is at "The Hillbilly Palace" down here.

    Im a beliver in fight only when you absolutley have too. Its way diffrent than when in a mma event or in Ju Jitsu class.


    I totally agree, it would look good in a film though.

  7. #7
    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    VikingPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned that back in the Corps, fun stuff. I saw a guy do it in sandals once, that was a bad idea.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jackson Ky
    Posts
    294
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance

    I totally agree, it would look good in a film though.
    Ha ha that it would!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    pst
    Posts
    81
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah fun trick. If you are smart you can put a big bucket underneth to catch the glass and water.

    Makes a great party trick. Need something to do with those empty bottels

  10. #10
    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Except that when the frat boys do it they don't yell kiaaaah, don't get all tense, and don't think they are doing something mystical.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO