Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:58pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a traditional korean martial artist (with a couple yeard TKD), and I can't give TKD the clear edge in best kicking art. TKD has a larger array of kicks. So if you're looking for shear options in kicks then yes TKD is probably the best. However, MT is every bit as as good as TKD in effective kicks. It's also my personal belief that the thai roundhouse kicks is better than the TKD roundhouse. I've used both (and in KSW the version I've been taught is more like the Thai kick). From my personal experience it's far more devastating than the snap kick version that is so prominent in TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:00pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taekwon
    And to TehDeadlyDimak... Fedor is stil training TKD and plans on continuing to do so to improve his kicking.

I admit to TKD's achilles heel is not enough in-fighting. However, (no offense) I think it would be foolish to argue that TKD is not the best kicking art. I didn't say most well rounded... I said best for kicking.
    just because a style has nothing but kicks doesnt mean it has the best kicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:21pm

Style: Taekwondo, Boxing (?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does. Accept it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD is NOT the best kicking style.

Emphasizing kicks doesn't make it the best given that the majority of those kicks are not practical for anything other than a TKD match.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:42pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is no use denying that Taekwondo emphasizes for kicks. For such a distance-dependent art, a boxing ring (K-1 ring, Octagon) is too small for TKD-ers to effective launch kicking combinations.

In my honest opinion, if K-1 's ring was as big as a TKD ring, the results would be different.

What a stupid point from a stupid person. Do you think that the TKD guys need a fucking launch pad to wind up their kicks or something? That they fly over 15 fucking feet across one side of the ring to the other, only to fall through the ropes and land outside the ring? What the **** are you talking about dude....

You'll notice I have "TKD" in my style field, I have a BB in it. I've even said some good things about it if you check my post history. But enough is enough.

I've trained in many other martial arts and have come to the rational conclusion that TKD pretty much sucks.

You on the other hand have trained in jack **** and insist that "TKD is great" "Best kicks in the world" blah blah blah.

Shut the **** up and prove your point like you have a brain in your skull.

Find some evidence of TKD beating other arts in full contact fights.

Because we've all seen TKD get the **** kicked out of it over and over here.

Untill then shut your face, and stop nut-riding what evidence has shown is probably the most weak martial art in the world (next to wing chun and yellow bamboo)

oh, and LOLOLOLfuckingLOLOLOL at "watch olympic TKD if you wanna see bad ass full contact!"

You jackass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:45pm

Style: Tae Kwan Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope that olymioc TKD would either die or expand to open more strikes. The last time I watched Olympic TKD, all the competitors did was kick at each others mid section, for points. I think it should use UFC gloves, allow the grabs and releases, and kicks to the laegs...wait.. it sounds more like San Shou?? Ok ... I'll go with that.

Wouldn't you love to see Cung Le in the Olympics???

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    TKD is NOT the best kicking style.

Emphasizing kicks doesn't make it the best given that the majority of those kicks are not practical for anything other than a TKD match.
    Personnaly I believe ther mawashi-gedan of Kyokushin is the most effective of all the kicks.MT,nor kickboxing not even TKD has it.

For an art that prides itself on kicks.They still can add an extrodianry amount of basic understanding when it comes to giving someone a charlie horse.LOL!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:48pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is NOT sport karate point sparring; WTF is full contact - despite the gear - and continuous.
    I am a "karate" point sparrer.

If you've ever watched Best of the Best, it has the StopNGo point fighters from America take on the WTF point fighters from Korea. The WTF beat the stopNGo team by 1 point but only becuase the StopNGo team showed mercy and didn't finish off the guy with the eyepatch.

I think the karate StopNGo and WTF point fighters are about equal.

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:49pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Personnaly I believe ther mawashi-gedan of Kyokushin is the most effective of all the kicks.
    What is the mawashi-gedan and how do I throw it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:52pm

Style: Taekwondo, Boxing (?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People need to control their temper.

TKD focuses on kicks.. yeah... TKD kicks aren't practical says who? anyone with sense would not use a 540 degree spin kick in a real fight

TKD is the best kicking art. for punching, the worst. but for kicking, the best.

how can you claim anything that hasn't won recognition in full contact competition is worthless?

basically you're saying everything and anything besides muay thai, boxing, and kyokushin are pretty much useless

that's a pretty narrow minded view
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast