Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:27pm

Style: Taekwondo, Boxing (?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on man. Support TKD more. We need more TKD-ers like yourself to support it.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seen an awesome natural athelete with an extensive TKD background kick ass in San Shou after training for a while in CMA at the class I go to. Surely this kind of thing would enrich TKD ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything enriches everything. It's always important to keep an open mind. I may not seem very open minded with my pro-TKDism and all, but I am. I WANT to crosstrain and I WILL crosstrain. I consider it very important.

I'm just making the case that Taekwondo is a useful standup art.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make that point by showing us TKD practitioners winning in standup full contact competitions against people from other styles.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:40pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taekwon
    A lot of people have deep animosity towards Taekwondo. They say it is not well rounded. They're right. It's not. But it's still a useful tool and is the best kicking system. I know I keep saying that over and over but I just wish people would drop the notion that TKD is completely useless just because it isn't as well rounded as some other arts.

A lot of people said that it was just a publicity stunt when Fedor claimed he was studying Taekwondo. I wish people would stop being so cynical. The Sambo legend said Taekwondo kicks are very useful in MMA/NHB; he happens to be refining his kicks with a WTF TKD master too. Instead of being cynical, people should look at this and realize that WTF TKD is a useful tool and a good standup method, regardless of the "holes" that need patching.
    The chance that Fedor actually thought a week of TKD would improve his overall game is unlikely. If it wasn't a publicity stunt I'd be surprised. TKD is known for its kicks, but I personally would not consider it "the best kicking system" as you put it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is no use denying that Taekwondo emphasizes for kicks. For such a distance-dependent art, a boxing ring (K-1 ring, Octagon) is too small for TKD-ers to effective launch kicking combinations.

In my honest opinion, if K-1 's ring was as big as a TKD ring, the results would be different.

I don't think K-1 (full contact ring matches) results are capable of showing a martial art's true capacity.

These days, such competitions are dominated by Muay Thai, Kyokushin, and San Shou guys. To say all of the other martial arts not in K-1 are ineffective is folly in my opinion.

And yet, I do believe that TKD will rise to the challenge. The Korean TKD Assoc. (KTA) has promised to start a TRULY full contact TKD league in June with face punching, no less. The WTF's reform program to make matches more "exciting" will probably also make them more intense, with less bouncing and some more punching.

Also, more and more South Koreans and Chinese are entering the full contact arena, bringing with them the TMAs of old. There are several South Korean fighters competing in South Korean fight leagues that list their primary styles as TKD. They have been having success. The numbers of these guys are growing as well. Granted, these guys crosstrain. Crosstraining is of utmost importance. But everybody crosstrains these days.

The nationalistic South Korean people are constantly pestering the KTA and WTF to step up.

ALl of this will hopefully improve TKD as a whole.

Olympic tkd must change, not go away
    Last edited by Taekwon; 2/08/2006 8:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And to TehDeadlyDimak... Fedor is stil training TKD and plans on continuing to do so to improve his kicking.

I admit to TKD's achilles heel is not enough in-fighting. However, (no offense) I think it would be foolish to argue that TKD is not the best kicking art. I didn't say most well rounded... I said best for kicking.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwon just go to a throwdown and show them what you got. From what I've read they sound pretty friendly.
    Asia can you posts all you rankings so all can see the glory that is Asia.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not ready for a throwdown. I'm not well rounded yet. And I never said I am the real deal.

Stop harboring so much anger. I really wish you'd reconsider your position on TKD. But that's your choice, i suppose.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's nice to hear someone who has not cross-trained telling loads of people who have trained multiple styles that TKD is the best for kicking.

I'd love to see a limted rules "kicking only" match between a TKDer and a Muay Thai guy. Or Savate, another art reknowned for kicking.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast