Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:10am

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can Anyone Confirm these TKD Claims?

ABOUT RHEE TAE KWON DO

Approximately 1300 years ago, during the Silla Dynasty in Korea an ancient form of unarmed combat - known these days as Tae-Kyon evolved. The ancient Art of Tae-Kyon is now widely dispersed throughout the world and known as various forms of Tae Kwon Do.

The definition of Rhee Tae Kwon Do involves dynamic techniques of unarmed combat for self-defensive purposes, combining the skilled application of powerful punches, flying kicks, blocks, dodges and interceptions- the Rhee Tae kwon do practitioner uses well trained hands, arms and feet to effect the rapid immobilisation of any attacker.

Master Rhee is the official Founder of Tae Kwon Do in Australia; the Master Instructor and-Chief Instructor for Australia and New Zealand, President of the Tae Kwon Do instructors Federation of Australia and New Zealand.

Many ask what does Tae Kwon Do mean?
    The name was chosen for its apt description of The Art itself.
    Tae = foot; Kwon = fist; Do = art

The webiste is here

My mate wants me to join up.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2/08/2006 9:12am at .

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the Korean national history of TKD. Too bad it isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Once upon a time in China there was a style of Kung Fu called White Crane. Many students and masters of the art lived on a small chinese island called Okinwawa.

One day the Japanese invaded and conquored this tiny island. One of the law they made prohibited weapons. The Chinese of the time modified their art to be mostly unarmed and use farming implements as weapons (aka nunchuku).

One day the Japanese decided to Japanized Okinawan Karate and one organization (the main one) that did that was the Shotokan.

One student of the Shotokan was soon to be General Choi of Korea. General Choi took his knowledge of Japanized Okiwanian Karate and created Tae Kwon Do.

So the moral of the story.

White Crane Kung Fu (minus weapons) Okinawian Karate (watered down) Shotokan Karate (take the level of a student that did it for a while + fancy kicks) Tae Kwon Do

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:17am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell your mate to first beat you in a fight before you can even consider Tae Kwon Do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:18am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for joining.

If you are doing Value Tudo/ BJJ, TKD isn't going to do much for you. Doubt is worth your time. However, I always say check out the school. It could one of the few that train to fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:35am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    As for joining.

If you are doing Value Tudo/ BJJ, TKD isn't going to do much for you. Doubt is worth your time. However, I always say check out the school. It could one of the few that train to fight.
    what he said except add three 'fucking', one 'If you are drunk', and 'assuming you actually do Vale Tudo and you realize it's a fighting style and not a circle jerk'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 9:56am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I don't believe there is any such thing as full contact training for martial artists. We have non-contact sparring, but some people misunderstand the concept of non contact sparring, They seem to think this means the opponent is not supposed to touch your body - or that you stop your techniques five inches short of the body. That is a misunderstanding of the term non-contact. In free sparring we focus the kick or punch, or any technique, to the opponent's body. But the opponent is always moving, blocking, dodging, deflecting. He does not stay there to receive the contact - otherwise he will be knocked down. So this is our way of practical free sparring.

"We don't need protective equipment, as techniques are controlled. Full speed, good power, but focussing just slightly short of the vital points. With protective equipment you don't improve speed and power. The principle is wrong. With protective gear, they don't have to control the technique and I believe it becomes just a sport. No belt system; no instructors; no students. With Protective equipment and contact sparring everybody will be the same, just kicking and punching, kicking and punching. It would become a sport. So during training we use full speed and power, focussing on the body but focussing short of vital points. Of course we can hit the target if we want to . . ."
    Pulling your punches is obviously much better for developing powerful hits. Any old idiot can see that.

"It is up to the individual to make his own choice of instructor or school, but the intending student should be very serious about his selection of a school and master. It requires a very serious and well-informed decision. So far, there is no Martial Arts control body in Australia and some instructors are not qualified to teach. So the intending student should look very carefully at the school's history, reputation and quality. Then, once he has made his choice, he should stick with that school. There is no way that a student can make good progress in Martial Arts training by chopping and changing from one school or instructor to another. And in traditional Martial Arts practice, it shows very incorrect attitude to do that. The student should show loyalty to their school, their style and their master instructor. So our policy is that members look around and make their choice. When they choose a school they should stay there and train hard.

"If any Black Belt joins another Martial Art school to train then I recommend that he should stay there, rather than coming back to Rhee Tae kwon do. It is only when a student reaches 1st Degree Black Belt that he is fully ready to study the real essence of the art. That is only the beginning; he has not completed the study of the art. So, if at that stage the Black Belt also joins another school or Martial Art, I recommend that he should stay with that instructor or Master, and he is automatically disqualified from the art of Rhee Tae kwon do."
    This **** is just stupid. Sorry, but I'm not the type to get tied down at any one school out of some misplaced sense of loyalty.

Anyway, go for it, nurga!

"Martial Arts Experience: 8 Years MT - 1 Year Krav - 1.5 Years CMA - Vale Tudo and BJJ Noob"

If this is true, I'm amazed you'd even bother considering TKD.
    Last edited by Mjelva; 2/08/2006 10:02am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 10:02am

Style: Taekwondo, Boxing (?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's wrong with TKD? Got some kind of vendetta against it? The sad thing is you probably no other motive for bashing TKD other than the fact that it's the cool thing to do on this forum.

And to all you crapheads who think Koreans falsify our history, I've never seen such arrogant bigotry, ignorance, and blatant pro-Angloism in my entire life. Cut the crap.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 10:11am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah it is really pro anglo to say koreans took tkd from the japanese.

Newsflash

"Anglos" don't care about the history of chop socky
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 10:12am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    el oh el.
    I trained TKD for a year when I was younger, actually. I've also sparred with a few TKD stylists since I picked up MMA.
    They sucked. Not all TKD stylists necessarily suck, but most certainly do.
    It's all about training methods, and the training methods in TKD generally suck pretty fucking hard. Light contact sparring, punching in the air, kicking those little paddles (what the **** is up with that?).
    Also, a lot of them are brainwashed, by exactly the kind of people like this Rhee. It's scary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 10:17am

Style: Taekwondo, Boxing (?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are truly pathetic and don't know anything. Taekwondo sparring is full contact despite the gear.

And your stupidity was further shown when you said, "I beat Taekwondo guys using my MMA skills".

You have no sense of logic whatsoever. Isn't it obvious that you'd beat TKD guys using MMA?

MMA is mixing different martial arts together into one effective, well rounded system.

A lot of martial arts > one martial art, dumbass.

Taekwondo is only a part of fighting. Standup distance, range, and kicking combat.

And by the way, nub? Vale Tudo isn't a "style". You took TKD for 1 yr. That's nothing. Shut the **** up.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast