Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 4:18am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How to deal with martial arts tossers?

In my town, and many other towns in Australia (proborably the globe also, though i wouldnt know) martial arts is 'the new thing'. although its good for the industry, its bad for alot of people my age.
    Im 16 years old and have trained in a couple of martial arts during the course of my life so far.
    The problem is, being around the teen-young adult age, the trends come and go, eg: when Million Dollar Baby came out, it was cool to be a boxer, when Ong Bak came out, muay thai was the new thing, etc etc.
    My age group is very influenced by the media when it comes to their lifestyle and identity.

The question i wanted to ask was, what about all the wankers that are in it to be cool? all the guys that train 2 hours a week and walk around school like pros? all the assholes who have been at it for 6 months and consider themselves deadly?

what is the correct ettiquite for dealing with people like this?

i mean.. i would love to just go over and beat the **** out of them, but it dosent work like that. if they are a kid you know, who is freinds with some mates of yours, and you waste him, some people in your group will proborably think your up yourself or think of you as some violent nut-job.

so it can be a bit of a tricky one.

post back and let me know what you think guys

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 4:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is that a martial arts forum probably isn't the best way to ask about how to deal with MA wankers trying to act cool.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 4:38am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my advice is to walk around with an air of snooty, pretensious superiority, then write about it on the internet (at least until you get your nuts caught in a door jamb). That would be pretty cool, dude.....
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 4:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jeez everybodys so cranky.. just forget i said anything.
    faaaark.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:07am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learn to shut the **** up and ignore people? Who cares if some guy wants to humilate himself?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Learn to shut the **** up and ignore people? Who cares if some guy wants to humilate himself?
    but thats the thing.. everyone thinks its 'cool', because they dont know any better. people my age are like that though. fickle.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:10am

supporting member
     Style: Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way to deal with them is to think to yourself "**** 'em" and get on with living.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:34am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    but thats the thing.. everyone thinks its 'cool', because they dont know any better. people my age are like that though. fickle.
    See, there will always be assholes in life and there will always be little ass-remoras that latch on to them.

One day one of two things will happen: These guys will get their ass beat by someone else, or someone will ask your direct opinion about it, giving you a change to quietly, humbly set them straight!

Or number three: They will end up in the same tournaments as you, you will beat them because of your obviously superior martial dedication, and they will make you Prince of the Highschool! The King of the Highschool will look at you and say, "All this will one day be yours!"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:28am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a dumb question, but here is the obvious answer: Who cares...

Seriously why do YOU care about what THEY do ? as long as they don't come to you or your friends your cool, if they do, go ahead and kick their asses, or get your ass kicked either way it will get solved.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of a story someone told me regarding someone who was doing a very "flowery" Chinese martial art.

After an aweinspiring form display at a party. designed of course to impress and intimidate, a bloke walked up and punched said person as hard as he could in the face.

:toothy10:
    Last edited by Toby Christensen; 2/08/2006 6:44am at .
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast