--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:23pm

Style: Looking for one

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    relytjj - Monoe right be a bit far for me too. I'm in college, so money and distance aren't things I can afford to take lightly, but thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Ronin - I must have missed your post about Sacan, where was it again? Tama looks interesting, I'll have to check on mapquest how far some of these places are for me.

Also, to anyone who lives in or has been in Dayton, I stopped at a place on 5th street in the Oregon Distract at that place with the "Karate" sign. I found some info on them.

Their sign said they are part of Ohio Budokan, Inc. They teach Akijutsu, Adult Karate, and Kenjutsu, but I have no idea what those are. =/

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:35pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SACAN is in West Chester off of Route 42. Route 42 is off of 275.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 4:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    SACAN is in West Chester off of Route 42. Route 42 is off of 275.
    Ah, cool. Might be a bit far for me at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Do you know much about this Ohio Budokan place I mentioned or the styles they train?

I might call and see if I can sit in on a class there, and then maybe on at Aegis Progress Martia Arts, and possibly Tama too. I'm definitelly looking for something full contact, good conditioning, and practical in real situations.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:13pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry can't help you with the other places, I am new in this area and don't really know too many of the other schools.

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:11pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanOutlaw86
    Ah, cool. Might be a bit far for me at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Do you know much about this Ohio Budokan place I mentioned or the styles they train?

I might call and see if I can sit in on a class there, and then maybe on at Aegis Progress Martia Arts, and possibly Tama too. I'm definitelly looking for something full contact, good conditioning, and practical in real situations.
    Keep in mind that if the places you visit SAY they have "good conditioning, full contact, and its practical in real situations" they may be lying.

Lot's of people get sucked in by persuasive people. I'm sure you're smart enough to avoid that. Just check out as many places as you have time to before you make a decision.

If you inform us of what the places you visit are like we'll help you narrow the schools down if you want.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 1:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Keep in mind that if the places you visit SAY they have "good conditioning, full contact, and its practical in real situations" they may be lying.

Lot's of people get sucked in by persuasive people. I'm sure you're smart enough to avoid that. Just check out as many places as you have time to before you make a decision.

If you inform us of what the places you visit are like we'll help you narrow the schools down if you want.
    Yeah, I'll try to be wary of that.

If I visit in places in the near future, I'll try to describe them a bit so you guys can give me your feedback.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678