Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:51am

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezah
    Questions, you repsonded to the thread starters questions as though you are an authority on HFY, you are not, deal with it!
    Authority? Hey, I just gave a truthful account of the amount of $$$ I shelled out and what some of the other programs offered were in terms of $$$.

If that makes me an "authority", then sure, I'll claim the title!
    I may have missed your post where you specifically outlined what you paid, even though you're crying about other programs, so basically, your beef with HFY is the amount of money you paid, well there are quite a few other HFY members that don't have a problem!

I take it you haven't seen Gummo?????
    Actually I did. Weird movie. But it was nice to see ChloŽ Sevigny's breasts.
    Living in Xenia, I would think twice before questioning other peoples IQs!

I still think we must be related, are you sure we're not????
    Didn't I already rule that one out?!?
    Then I'm cofused how you can qualify this comment????

Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe youíll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.
    If you don't know me, how you would have any idea what experience I have with firearms????
    Or was it nothing more than you throwing out personal insults????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:07am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may have missed your post where you specifically outlined what you paid, even though you're crying about other programs, so basically, your beef with HFY is the amount of money you paid
    Yeah..my posts never criticize HFY's claims, just how much it charges!!!

Oh my sides!!

...well there are quite a few other HFY members that don't have a problem!
    There were quite a few Branch Davidians that didn't have a problem with David Koresh either.

If you don't know me, how you would have any idea what experience I have with firearms???? Or was it nothing more than you throwing out personal insults????
    You have heard the phrase "shooting yourself in the foot" haven't you?

If not, in context, it was a friendly jibe pointing out that you kept missing my point on that other thread.

It was not a comment on your actual ability with firearms.

[I didn't think I had to point that out!]

BTW how do you remember posts from friggin two months ago but forget posts I made yesterday!?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may have missed your post where you specifically outlined what you paid, even though you're crying about other programs, so basically, your beef with HFY is the amount of money you paid.
    Yeah..my posts never criticize HFY's claims, just how much it charges!!!

Oh my sides!!
    So it's a combination of things?
    We know you don't like the financial side of HFY. What's the other, at some point, did someone other than a HFY member get the better of you?

...well there are quite a few other HFY members that don't have a problem!
    There were quite a few Branch Davidians that didn't have a problem with David Koresh either.
    And the majority of them did not have a problem for a good reason. The Feds going in was similar to Ruby Ridge, they abused their positions and the authority they have/had.
    The reason they stated for entering Waco was dummy grenades were being delivered and alledged child abuse, problem is, they could have picked David Koresh up at any time as he frequently visited the town by himself.

Did you know that alledgely there was a .50 sniper rifle(at Waco) that was fired at an APV but it missed, then upon entering the building after it burned, they couldn't find the .50.
    .50 missing it's target under a mile, something is wrong there.
    Also the idea that they alledgely had unregistered machine guns on site is false, apparently nothing more than semi-automatic rifles with Hellfire Switches, which bump-fires the rifle when it works.

Now, just so we're clear, they did not have Assault Rifles on site, but I'm sure you heard ASSault Weapon used allot, which is a word that was made up by the likes of the Brady Bunch, VPC and others like them, nothing more than scare mongering and they created this word by pulling from Assault Rifle or Sturmgewehr, to use it's correct term.

Now a better comparison would be Jim Jones and his lot, but I don't see any HFY members drinking the Kool Aid, after all everyone is able to choose whether or not they want to continue to learn HFY.

If you don't know me, how you would have any idea what experience I have with firearms???? Or was it nothing more than you throwing out personal insults????
    You have heard the phrase "shooting yourself in the foot" haven't you?

If not, in context, it was a friendly jibe pointing out that you kept missing my point on that other thread.

It was not a comment on your actual ability with firearms.

[I didn't think I had to point that out!]
    Oh ok, so it was nothing more than another one of your personal insults, now I'm on target.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 10:40am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the majority of them did not have a problem for a good reason. The Feds going in was similar to Ruby Ridge, they abused their positions and the authority they have/had. The reason they stated for entering Waco was dummy grenades were being delivered and alledged child abuse, problem is, they could have picked David Koresh up at any time as he frequently visited the town by himself.

Did you know that alledgely there was a .50 sniper rifle(at Waco) that was fired at an APV but it missed, then upon entering the building after it burned, they couldn't find the .50. .50 missing it's target under a mile, something is wrong there. Also the idea that they alledgely had unregistered machine guns on site is false, apparently nothing more than semi-automatic rifles with Hellfire Switches, which bump-fires the rifle when it works.

Now, just so we're clear, they did not have Assault Rifles on site, but I'm sure you heard ASSault Weapon used allot, which is a word that was made up by the likes of the Brady Bunch, VPC and others like them, nothing more than scare mongering and they created this word by pulling from Assault Rifle or Sturmgewehr, to use it's correct term.
    Good comments actually.

Wow...we agree on something!

[Looks outside to see if the sky is falling or something...]

Hmmmm....

Oh ok, so it was nothing more than another one of your personal insults, now I'm on target.
    Is saying "you're shooting yourself in the foot" when you were clearly missing my point really such a personal insult? Don't take it as such. If you think it was then I apologize.

Believe it or not, I don't have anything against you personally. You're just doing what you feel is right...just as I am.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is saying "you're shooting yourself in the foot" when you were clearly missing my point really such a personal insult? Don't take it as such. If you think it was then I apologize.
    Well maybe the fact that you questioned my IQ, refered to me as a Troll, called me stupid, amoungst other things led me to believe you were also questioing my exprience with firearms. But I guess I was wrong.

Believe it or not, I don't have anything against you personally. You're just doing what you feel is right...just as I am.
    This is where we disagree, I'm coming to HFYs defense because I feel you are targeting the system and it's members unfairly.
    You are not happy with the tutition fees you paid, ok, well that is your choice but I do not believe you are in any position to cry over something you did not choose to participate in. If members choose to pursue the discipleship program that really is up to them. What they pay has sweet FA to do with you.
    At no point did anyone twist your arm, or Shanghai you to do anything you didn't want to, so why you have all this pent up anger over your limited experience with HFY and Wing Chun as a whole is beyond me, again it's freedom of choice?
    I chose to take time off from HFY to pursue hot weapons, that was my choice, I can't blame HFY for that choice.

Now, for some reason, I believe that someone outside of HFY got the better of you and this upset you, but I may be wrong?
    Also, with the amount of experience that some of the HFY members have with ground fighting, I'm very surprised that you have taken up this crusade of yours?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 12:41pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Urbanoutlaw,

Where are you located? They're is a great MMA school in West Chester (Near Cincinnati) that trains guys that are both recreational MAists and Professional MMA fighters. Rich Franklin's Muay Thai Coach runs the place, and he is probably the best Muay Thai coach that I have trained under personally. His school is Sacan Family Martial Arts

If you are unable to come to West Chester and are looking for places in Dayton, you should also consider TAMA Family Martial Arts which is located in Dayton.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:08pm

Style: Looking for one

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Urbanoutlaw,

Where are you located? They're is a great MMA school in West Chester (Near Cincinnati) that trains guys that are both recreational MAists and Professional MMA fighters. Rich Franklin's Muay Thai Coach runs the place, and he is probably the best Muay Thai coach that I have trained under personally. His school is Sacan Family Martial Arts

If you are unable to come to West Chester and are looking for places in Dayton, you should also consider TAMA Family Martial Arts which is located in Dayton.
    Awesome. West Chester might be a bit out of my way, but I'll look into it. What more can you tell me about TAMA Family Martial Arts? Do you know what styles they train, and if they have a lot of sparring or whatnot?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:16pm

Style: Looking for one

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is also a place in the Oregon district with a sign that just says "Karate" or something, do you know much about that?

My friend also trains at a place in Tipp City where they teach Shorin Ryu and he's always trying to get me to go, but it sounds like a bunch of little kids and a McDojo by the sound of it, but I dont know much myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 2:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UrbanOutlaw,

I highly suggest you sit in on some classes at Gurgel's. I roll with a couple of guys who used to train there and they have nothing but good things to say about it and are far better grapplers than I am.

Also, there is a MMA gym in Monroe ran by Ron 'Killing' Fields. I forget the name off hand but that would be closer than going all the way to West Chester. Their prices weren't bad when I looked into training there. It just turned out to be too far of a trek for me.

Like Ronin.74 mentioned, SACAN would be a good place to train under instructors you know are legit. I found their costs to be just a bit pricey, but I'm a cheapskate, though they are very comparable to other gyms. I only sat in for one class.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:44pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the most part I have found Sacan prices to be less than most other places I've trained at. But I just moved here a few months ago from Columbus and a lot schools up there try to rape you on price. For TAMA just go to there website and take a look.

tamamartialarts.com

If you like it go sit in on a class. I know at Sacan you might be able to get a free class or a free week (depends what he's got going right now). When I joined their gym they had a 2 month special going on too so I got to try it out for two months before I made any final decisions.

The head coach at SACAN came from the TAMA school.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast