Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 3:56pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time Matrix

LOL!

OOC, do they write down what this is? I'd love to see it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 5:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GhostDog, this is some freaky ****. I love the pseudo-scientific and pompous writing style. Though, for the life of me, I have no idea what the "three vertical physical dimensions" could possibly be. I live in a universe that only has one vertical dimension. Maybe this is where chi comes in and has something to do with string theory! ;)

I went looking for this stupid book because I thought it might have something descriptive of "skill challenges" that these HFY dudes claim they use to test their stuff. What it basically seems to boil down to are three "attackers" that take turns feeding "one-steps" (the old karate drill where your partner steps in with an attack and you counter). If you have the book you can find it talked about on p. 108 (a happy coincidence I could remember since the website is hfy108 -- lol).

That book is the funnies **** I've seen in a long time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 9:02am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whybother
    GhostDog, this is some freaky ****. I love the pseudo-scientific and pompous writing style. Though, for the life of me, I have no idea what the "three vertical physical dimensions" could possibly be. I live in a universe that only has one vertical dimension. Maybe this is where chi comes in and has something to do with string theory! ;)
    Dude...you might think there's only one vertical dimension. But until you've experienced Hung Fa Yi and their "Grandmaster", your understanding of time space and energy will ALWAYS be incomplete!

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by duende
    Let me just say that in my HFY experience I have witnessed many many interactions of GM Gee and my Sihings with other WC schools...Time and time again, students and masters alike have come to our school only to leave with a new understanding of the nature of Time Space and Energy. There are even a few individuals who have visited who were full of disbelief and cynicism about the HFY formula itself. But they too saw the incredible source of knowledge in HFY.
    All I can say is "wow!!"

I went looking for this stupid book because I thought it might have something descriptive of "skill challenges" that these HFY dudes claim they use to test their stuff. What it basically seems to boil down to are three "attackers" that take turns...
    Yeah...I remember that one.

Key phrase: "take turns" LOL!

By all means let's not all rush our opponent at once...

No...you go first. Then, when he cripples you with his deadly "jong sau concept", I'll begin my attack!!

See?!? HFY's t3h deadly even against multiple attackers!

BTW, here's another fun quote from that same thread:

Quote Originally Posted by duende
    So if you ask me, I'd say the newest technology in Martial Arts is using the physic and structure of the human body to it's fullest scientific potential. Using Body Mass to occupy and dominate space strategicly. Knowing how to cultivate proper Jing energy and being fully aware of the natures of energy. Understanding and preparing yourself mentally and physically for the unkown and random elements of fighting and knowing how to focus on them with in your own 6 gates.
    The "newest technology in Martial Arts" is using the human body to its "fullest scientific potential"???

Wait a minute! Isn't this "newest technology" (according to HFY mythology) supposed to be, like, 350 years old?!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 12:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GD,

You are killing me with this stuff! LOL!

Just reading the prefaces of "Mastering Kung Fu" left me rolling on the floor in the bookstore. My favorite part:

"This science [HFY] arose from a 30-year military development project employing the talent of over a hundred experienced hand-to-hand combat masters (many inheriting over 1,100 years of Shaolin wisdom), scientific scholars, and military scientists and tactitians in a concerted effort to map out the most efficient use of the human body in combat." p. ix

Then they go on to talk about how Bruce Lee searched for the ultimate in fighting but never found it -- since HFY was secret during his lifetime! ROFLOL!

Do these HFY people really believe this junk?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just reading the prefaces of "Mastering Kung Fu" left me rolling on the floor in the bookstore. My favorite part:

"This science [HFY] arose from a 30-year military development project employing the talent of over a hundred experienced hand-to-hand combat masters (many inheriting over 1,100 years of Shaolin wisdom), scientific scholars, and military scientists and tactitians in a concerted effort to map out the most efficient use of the human body in combat." p. ix
    I've never read the book. Benny hasn't sent me a copy, so I can't review it.

However, if the above statement is part of the book and if it is credible, I will again point out that evidence of this will abound. Militaries document everything. Additionally, there would be line items over the years in the federal budget for such a pork-barrel project sponsored by the senators from OH, AZ and/or CA. If all this research took place in another country, there would still be the same evidence found there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 12:59pm

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Then they go on to talk about how Bruce Lee searched for the ultimate in fighting but never found it -- since HFY was secret during his lifetime! ROFLOL!

Do these HFY people really believe this junk?
    Hell yeah they do.

And remember, it's all based on "historical research" by the "Wing Chun Museum" which is run by Benny Meng and the Hung Fa Yi crowd.

C'mon what's not to believe????

BTW I'm glad someone else got a kick out of the section on how Bruce Lee sadly croaked before he found "the system of maximum efficiency" that he spent his whole life looking for (Hung Fa Yi).

After reading that section I actually visualized Bruce writing the check for $20,000 and prostrating before "the Grandmaster."
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536