Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 8:04pm

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Anybody got any pics of cute Hung Fa Yi girls?

Try TKD.

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 8:10pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the homepage has a link called "Wutang Clan Kung Fu..."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:06pm

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    IAP, you seem to have a good attitude to your WC. Do you have any video of people at your place sparring or anything like that ?
    Not really. I'll ask if they don't mind me doing a vid for posting on here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 3:32am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm convinced.
    Where do I sign up?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:32am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My god a principle based art whoaaa how new (or old whatever).....

got to love this part also :

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun is not open to interpretation at all – if it is tampered with or changed in any way, it’s efficiency is reduced. This is so because of the Sap Ming Dim ( 10 Bright Points ) – ten reference points which point exactly to where elbows, knees and wrists should be positioned. These points do not allow any changes to be made, and have resulted in the fact that any additions or subtractions from the system will reduce it’s effectiveness

so it's principles but you have to to do exactly like GM no matter what your body type ?
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 5:37am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "This system had a unique and new mindset that would set it apart in the Martial Arts world – Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun did not focus on technique, but on principle. In this universe, everything that exists must have a 3-dimensional structure; it must occupy space to exist."

I'm always impressed with MA using Einsteinian physics to validate their style. You know, as opposed to say, fighting.

How nice to find a style that is based on principles.......oh wait....EVERY style is based on theories and principles. Technique is just a way of realizing those principles.

And I agree....it does sound a bit like a religion.......THOU SHALT NOT QUESTION THY SIFU.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 6:16am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm always impressed with MA using Einsteinian physics to validate their style. You know, as opposed to say, fighting.
    Well I've seen it done in a lot of common martial arts, BJJ, Judo, Sambo, Karate, MT etc its allways about physics, of course they work both in theory and in practical

When you have an effective technique, you have a working principle (or more) behind the technique, therefore you can change some details in the technique as long as the fundamental principle remains the same, to adapt the technique to your body type or way of fighting.

Stoping this mutation of personal style will by itself lower the effectivness of the style in some individuals.

I don't understand how they can teach a principle without teaching a technique in wich to aply it, the only way I see of doing this is not a martial art but a theorical physics class and each time they fight they have to "make up" techniques that use the principles.

Am I making any sense ? Principles alone are useless, you need to have a knowledge of them yes but you need to have techniques in wich to apply them.

Maybe I understand it wrong, if so please correct me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 7:53am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another "WTF?!?":

It's early and I haven't had my morning coffee yet, but look at how Linda Lee signed that pic:

Does that say "My Lust"?!?!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:31am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Here's another "WTF?!?":

It's early and I haven't had my morning coffee yet, but look at how Linda Lee signed that pic:

Does that say "My Lust"?!?!
    Thats what it says ..... how ... ummm ... odd ....

and this

Hung Fa Yi is to martial arts what S.W.A.T. teams are to police departments. Patrolmen on the street are generally effective in policing, but when a critical incident requires the utmost effectiveness and efficiency, S.W.A.T. teams are called in. Why? Because human lives are at risk. The S.W.A.T. teams are so much more proficient that the risk of death or injury to everyone involved, even the perpetrator, is reduced. S.W.A.T. teams have very precise responses to given situations. Their responses are very deliberate and calculated causing the perpetrator’s abilities to be limited. The perpetrator’s actions become controlled and predictable. Their live training methods provide them with experience to quickly recognize and properly respond to situations. The knowledge of Hung Fa Yi provides combat effectiveness and efficiency that is similar to that of S.W.A.T. teams. By having calculated combat positions and precision responses to predictable actions by opponents based on the universal laws of time, space, and energy that are repetitiously drilled using methods that reproduce realistic combat scenarios, Hung Fa Yi practitioners are able to effectively and efficiently defend against an attacker.
    from this testimonial http://www.hungfayiireland.com/20html.htm

looks extremely familiar ... didnt someone else call _ing _un the "SWAT team" of Martial Arts ...
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 2/08/2006 8:34am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 8:57am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By having calculated combat positions and precision responses to predictable actions by opponents based on the universal laws of time, space, and energy...
    There it is yet again: the "universal laws of time, space and energy..."

...and only Hung Fa Yi's got 'em!

Isn't that like awesome and ****?
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast