224707 Bullies, 4204 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    I don't think you have an adequate grasp on reality.

I love Sakurai, I wanted him to win that fight, I thought "If anyone can beat Hughes, surely it's Sakurai!"...but that was retardedly wishful thinking. Sakurai would never beat Hughes. Hughes is too big and strong and well-based...it would just not happen.
    Yet your choosing Royce over Hughes? It goes against your logic here does it not?
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 2:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah I wanted sakurai to win that fight too. It was sad just watching him get taken down and lay there trying to guard for 4 rounds. I wished that spinning kick he tried in the first round landed lol.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 3:54am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    UFC has better welterweights/middleweights in my opinion. The heavyweights, light heavyweights, and lightweights are all clearly superior in pride. Especially considering UFC doesn't even have a lightweight division...
    I'll concur except for the light heavyweights. Wait, no I take that back, besides Chuck Lidell and Babalu who's left in that weight class? Van Arnsdale keeps getting choked out, I think Rashaad should move down, and Forrest Griffin is an unproven factor still.

On the other hand look at all the fighters in the Welterweight and middleweight categories.

UFC tends to be faster pace, the rounds and scoring system lend to this. More fights will end in KO or submission in the Octagon and I think this is do to the higher quality of fighters brought up and the active participation of the refs to keep the acton going.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 2:06pm

Style: Shaolin-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Sakurai, I wanted him to win that fight, I thought "If anyone can beat Hughes, surely it's Sakurai!"
    Didn't Gomi beat Sakurai?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 2:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pace is pretty different b/w Pride/UFC, for reasons already mentioned. Even though I hate the Japanese rope-shaking and occasional cheesy tactics, fighters like the emelianenko brothers, kharinatov, vovchanchyn and nog make Pride my favored promotion, otherwise I think they both have their up/downs and even out more or less.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yet your choosing Royce over Hughes? It goes against your logic here does it not?
    No, my logic is the same with both fights. But Royce is...Royce. I MUST call Royce to win, not to do so would be heretical!

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    2/08/2006 11:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, Rashad IS moving down.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah gomi beat sakurai, I saw the fight on youtube. It looked pretty even maybe leaning towards sakurai till he tried to do a judo throw on him or something and gomi ended up on top of him and ground/pounded till he was dizzy and he got back up and got knocked out.

('._.)

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 10:29am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you have an adequate grasp on reality.

I love Sakurai, I wanted him to win that fight, I thought "If anyone can beat Hughes, surely it's Sakurai!"...but that was retardedly wishful thinking. Sakurai would never beat Hughes. Hughes is too big and strong and well-based...it would just not happen.
    Sakurai actually came pretty close to knocking Hughes out in that fight, he dropped him with a straight right...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:16am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to feel Pride had the better talent. I still do in some ways but one suprising thing for me was when Baroni went to Pride. Here is a guy who was basically run out of the UFC for bad, repeated losses (what was it, three in a row?). He signs with Pride and proceeds to convincingly beat some of their better talent at that weight.

Yes I know he has now been beaten by Minowa, but that was a sad lay and pray affair. Baroni lacked the escapes he showed in their first fight, but it will be interesting to see how he does from here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast