226106 Bullies, 4152 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    How do they convince their students that they can knock things down with chi blasts?

do they simply TELL them that it works and they're believed???
    It's amazing how stupid people are. I've been to quite a few seminars with supposed Chi masters as well as "self defense" guru's. It's astounding how powerful the group mentality can be abused by the con artist. At one such Chi event about 3-4 yrs ago back when I was still in High school I even found myself sucked in. He did this supposed technique where he'd project heat from his palm. So he did this little circular motion with a slight hand rubbing thing and then called us up so he could "hit us" with his heat. Everyone went up and sure as **** felt the heat comming off of his hand....too bad no one was objective enough to realize the guy just rubbed his freakin hands togethor and the only marvel we were witnessing was the magic of friction! But since everyone else seemed to buy into it, the herd mentality prevents you from standing out and you just believe as well.

I saw a TV special where they did a test on groups where they asked them basic questions but only one person in the group was actually really being tested. They had one scenario where they put up a bunch of pictures on the screen of two circles, and in one frame the circles were different sizes. They then asked them one by one which was different and everyone that was in on it said #1 which was obviously identical to the rest. The guy who wasn't in on it, also said "1" out of the subconscious fear to stand out of the crowd and when later told what trick was played on him he confessed that he figured "if everyone else chose #1, he figured they must have been seeing something he missed."

This kind of mindset is what allows so many of these bullshit artists make money off of their crap. What's bad though is when these guys teach classes on it to idiots like these Bamboo guys, and then the bamboo guys begin teaching it themselves without every giving it objective analysis, and then get their asses kicked on the beach.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reality - 1

Chi Blasters - 0

I wonder if those 2 guys decided to give up on their YB training after that incident

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 1:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So only BJJ can defeat the deadly chi blast eh.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 4:03am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yellow bamboo?........could've at least been more creative an have a better name for a style

"so.....what kinda MA do u practice?"

YB Cum Drop<<---" oh.. i do yellow bamboo"

"whats that?"

YB Cum Drop<<----"it involves the harnessing an manipulation of Chi powa"

"really?"

.......its people like these Dragon Nuts Z anime fags, the fantasy Psi Vamps, the claustrophobic pyramid sitter, the Drowning Atlantean, an the Butt-buddy Goblins an Orks roleplayin Geeks who give the metaphysics an the MA community a bad rep
    Last edited by Soju_King; 2/07/2006 4:16am at .

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 7:31am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, not all of us RPGing sci fi geeks are that stupid!

I saw one of the Yellow Bamboo guy's on the old Martin Sargent show on Techtv (now G4.) The frickin' punk kid in his yellow shirt said that it only took like only an hour to teach the chi techniques. He freaked out Martin by passin his hand over Martin's arm. Marty claimed that he could really feel something. Go read Skills of the Vagabond's by Ling Tueng. Wait, it might be in Skills of the Vagabonds 2. The Vagabonds had a trick where they passed their hand a centimeter over a guy's arm, just brushing the hairs, but not the skin. Try it. Feels electric. Fools fools.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 8:28am

Style: HSR, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would actually be Skills of the Vagabonds by Leung Ting. It's rather important to get the author's name right if you want folks to be able to look it up. :P

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 8:57am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I especially enjoyed that after the first guy got creamed they got a heavier guy to try his "chi blast" on the BJJer. So heavier=better chi blast?

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 9:32am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look it up by title, pardon the **** out of me for mixing up the author's name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:56am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    So only BJJ can defeat the deadly chi blast eh.
    That and no touch knock outs dont forget that!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the hell is screaming? maybe the skinny guy should have used his chi mind manipulation and had the terrier bite the BJJ guy in the ass. Might have worked better than an Upa once the BJJ guy was mounted on the chi whale.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast