Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2003 6:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "He actually seems to think not too much of his early TKD experience."

His website says nothing to indicate this, and a little bit to the contrary in fact. I think you made that up. Because you hate TKD. Eat it. And by 'it' I mean an apple.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    4/30/2003 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must have misremembered. Sorry. Hey, I did point you to my source!

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    4/30/2003 6:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I don't hate TKD, I hate lame TKD McDojos, claims that the ROK military trains in some elite TKD rokkingness, claims that TKD comes from Taekkyon, claims that TKD is an ancient art, and claims that there is nothing wrong with the TKD world.

But I could write a similar paragraph on almost anything.

Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    4/30/2003 6:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HEY MAN!!! You misread me, and maybe I was vague. I didn't mean that he "thought little of TKD" but that he didn't think much of his TKD experience-as in "didn't emphasise it's contribution to his background overmuch." Vague phrasing though.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2003 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone's interested in hearing about it (and still remembers in November), I plan to be at all three days of the World Championships this year. Please let me know if there's any interest.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2003 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDChick and noodles - Please let me (us) know about the tournaments. I think tournaments are a trip. Often go on too long, often boring (pee wee kata anyone?), but always something very interesting happens. Like one where this big aggressive guy was dominating a little kempo guy and the little guy was being pushed back. The little guy looked a little freaked and as a flurry came in he turned his back and ran. The big guy leaped at him and just then the kempo guy flipped around and drove a punch deep in large guy's belly. What a set up, what a fake, what good technique and game plan. Anyhow JKDChick, you could buy a white gi (if you've tossed your old TKD one) and enter, though it may be wise to watch one first to see what goes on.

All systems have their own way of running tournaments. The full contact kick boxer champion of Hawaii came into the Kyokushin dojo one night because he was planning on entering the tournament they were putting on. They taught him the take downs and such because he hadn't trained that way. He was a real nice guy and they told me that they felt sorry for him because he was going to get destroyed.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    5/01/2003 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How tall are you, KC Elbows? An emu is about 8ft I think.

I have brain damage; you are just a wanker.

"The streetfighter will always win!" Jerry, former wrestling boxing and judo champ
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    5/01/2003 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PfL: How'd he do? You just left us hanging!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Happiness is finding yourself in the adoring gaze of one who loves you.
    I hope to once again know that feeling."
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 4:24pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'cause Bas said so' is generally a pretty good argument around MMA forums. Especially on Sherdog.

It certainly holds more weight than 'cause Stold said so' or 'cause FoM? said so'....

But it still doesn't hold as much weight as 'cause Stone Cold said so'!

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 4:43pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynor
    Could someone please show me some footage of a badass pure tkd fighter? Anyone?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast