232399 Bullies, 4020 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Is this grappling or striking?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 88.00%
  • No

3 12.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grashnak is on my christmas card list now.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Some of you need to stop being deliberately and unnecessarily provocative and be objective about JFS.

Here's a question for you. I'm at a kung fu seminar and I say to the guy teaching it, "Hey, what if someone tries to tackle me. What to I do."

So the kung fu guys says, "okay, here, grab me around the waist and make like you're tackling me. Okay, so this is a bad thing if you don't know any grappling. I'm no expert, but I guess you could try X, Y, or Z."

So, is this kung fu guy teaching crappling or is he just trying to answer a question?

You guys are so fucking narrow minded on this its insane. Apparently everyone on Bullshido whose ever offered advice or opinions on MA that they aren't certified in should leave immediately. Oh, except that would be all of us. Damn.
    Too many of you have failed to grasp why this website is here.

JFS teaching anything to do with grappling other than "go find a grappling instructor" is inexcuseable. If he hadn't been such a collossal ass for the past several months it wouldn't be a big deal.

But since JFS has his mindless sheep defending him, it has.

This isn't a social website for people to discuss their happy little opinions where everyone's feelings are valid and appreciated. If you want that, go elsewhere instead of trying to turn Bullshido into MAP.

We set standards here. Elbow to the spine is a bullshit, ultra-low percentage move for takedown defense and shouldn't be taught in any context other than "haha look at this stupid **** Iichihara tried to do to Royce in UFC 2".

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only answer to the question should be "find a real grappling instructor" instead of pretending he knew the answer.

It's generally considered by many to be fraud when you teach something you know nothing about. If it was otherwise, I'd open up my own medical school and charge $25,000 a semester tuition.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serious people, stop acting like JFS is your Christ figure. He's nailed himself to the tree, and acting like the bystanders who point out his situation were the ones who put him up there is just fucking asinine.

Stop and think for a second. It's just common sense.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is my anti-grapple, I've succesfully taken out many BJJ and Judo blackbelts with this stuff.

I can already hear all you BJJ nutriders saying "BUT HAY LU TZE TAHT IS JUST A CLASSIC NORTH SOUTH MOUNT ANY DECENT GRAPPLER CAN GET OUT OF TAHT!!!" All I can say is STFU noobs, you don't know ****. Notice how I'm controlling my opponent's head, you control the head then you control the body, that jerk isn't going fucking anywhere.

Next up.

This idiot is a 9th dan Judo black belt, 115 times world champion. Well *****, this is what happens when you try and turtle on THE STREETS bitch, I take your fucking back and break your spine ************!

Remember though folks, keep it in first gear. This is jujutsu, it's all about the technique not brute strength.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    This isn't a social website for people to discuss their happy little opinions where everyone's feelings are valid and appreciated. If you want that, go elsewhere instead of trying to turn Bullshido into MAP.

We set standards here. Elbow to the spine is a bullshit, ultra-low percentage move for takedown defense and shouldn't be taught in any context other than "haha look at this stupid **** Iichihara tried to do to Royce in UFC 2".
    Actually, people like Omega, Asia and (whispers) Ronin set any standard that exists here when it came to discussion of effective methods, and of the two that are still here, they seem to be with the rest of us about this insane e-drama campaign.

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:09pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One person is on the ground, clearly making it groundfighting. Therefore, you are teaching grappling. Your form looks extremely sloppy. You are clearly crappling. I call bullshido.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop fucking name dropping. Asia and Omega can speak for themselves. There is no "rest of us", there is only you, and a handful of other people jumping on the bandwagon because you're all up on JFS' nuts.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serious people, stop acting like JFS is your Christ figure. He's nailed himself to the tree, and acting like the bystanders who point out his situation were the ones who put him up there is just fucking asinine.

Stop and think for a second. It's just common sense.
    He's not a christ figure, he's just an old kung fu instructor who was always willing to throwdown, willing to learn new stuff and had a few flame wars with staff who are now destroying the site with threads about him because they can't sleep on the fact that he called them out.

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop fucking name dropping. Asia and Omega can speak for themselves. There is no "rest of us", there is only you, and a handful of other people jumping on the bandwagon because you're all up on JFS' nuts.
    You know the poll results yourself phrost.

I <3 Sirc.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast