Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    No big deal Camus, it is hard to understand without seeing it.

For reference it would be worth mentioning that if you decide to try this with a partner, when your partner is throwing you make sure he keeps his right hand open and pressed flat against your back. If he grabs your gi and balls his hand into a fist to hold it he will possibly jam his knuckles and wrist when he gets pulled over top of you. Happened to me once.
    Plus, to think of it, I'm not sure how well this counter would work against seoi-nage, or koshi-guruma. I don't think it would work at all with soto makikomi. BTW, Cadmus, check the soto makikomi clip - it is a sweet throw.

Also, check out http://www.judoinfo.com - the site is really good with lots of diagrams and clips. It will give you a good idea of what the throws and counters are like. Mind you, the clips are non-compliant, but they are shown from a pretty static position (but the site has also clips of actual tourneys.)

I think I'm going to create a thread asking the in-house judoka about this counter with its pros and cons. Doing it to Aikido-boy was a sweet moment, but I can't say I learned anything other than he sucked more than a vacuum cleaner or Windows 98.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:05pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About ten years ago, while training Juko-ryu JJ (or local version of it. Not Sacharnoski-shite.) we had this blue belt. Real "rappari" (finnish MA-slangword for one who likes to brutalize people, usually lower belts). Guy broke senpai´s fiancees arm in randori as worst example.

Well, as not-so-poetic justice, he got stabbed to death in sleep when junkie sneaked to his room. :icon_salu

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:07pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your right elynka, it will only work against your basic hip throw.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345