Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:50am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    No, the shakens are for distracting an opponent by hitting them in the eyeball.

He does the knife LARPing for SD. geez!

Ha!

I do normally carry around a knife. I only carry shaken if I know I am going into a bad area.

It takes a delusional fucktard to spot a delusional fucktard.

Ph34r t3h L4rp3r!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 4:22am

Style: Full contact Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Around 1987 I decided to try American Kenpo. I had been training for 5 years at full contact Kickboxing, tae kwon do, Hapkido, and Shoto kan.
    The school interested me because the owner of the school was a direct student of Ed Parker.
    Well I show up for my first class and do the usual warm up with the class.The owner suggests I spar a few rounds with one of his BB's and goes to his office. Since I never point sparred before, he was supposed to show me the ropes.
    I have my 16oz boxing gloves, he has full padding top to bottom with the 6oz plastic gloves. So I am going extra slow and light so I can see what this guy is doing. I throw a super slow right hook and the guy steps in and throws a full power punch and breaks my nose. He was real proud of himself. What he didn't know was that my nose was pretty much permanently broke from years of abuse. I took my gloves off straightened it out, licked the blood off my hands, and got ready to spar again. This freaked the guy out. He expected me to cry or to quit.
    Well since he wanted full contact I gave him full contact. I spent the next 5 min. beating this guy to a bloody pulp. Kicked him so hard he pooped his pants. The owner came running out of his office and saw me standing over his BB spitting my blood at him, and kicking him in the face. All the time with a big smile on my face.
    Did I get kicked out? HELLS NO.
    After that I was his golden boy, who he sent BB after BB to learn full contact. He even introduced me to Master Parker and Remy Presas. I got to hang out with and learn from these great Masters. I tried to connect my Old school, and my New school, so we could exchange knowledge. That is when I learned how closed minded most Martial Arts Masters can be. I soon went back to my Old school. But soon realised my Instructor was pissed that I was looking beyond his Dojo. At the time I was wanting MMA. but didnt know it.
    Sharki
    P.S. I never saw that BB again, except when he was teaching 5 year olds.
    Last edited by Sharki; 2/05/2006 4:28am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 5:30am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Camus]I've never had the offer to spar a total martial arts loser even though there are a shitload at my school, the only explanations I can find for this are bad luck and my being freakishly tall.
    QUOTE]

i have recently been offered to spar with 'one of those'
    sweet huh?
    not quite...
    hes my girlfreind of 9 month's wing chun training brother!

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 5:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back when I was doing _ing _un and thought it was the ****, a chinese TKD guy turned up at our school and afterwards we were walking to catch the train the same way. blah blah blah, we have a little spar on the street... my instinct is to charge forward with a kick. my heel connects with his shin and the next step i pull a kick just before it reaches his ribs.

"hey!" he says. "You're not allowed to kick my legs!"
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 6:05am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    the resident martial artist on the opposin side, a hatian crip( wtf) from florida, had a reputation for bein a bad azz capoiera dude .... he rushed forward an goes down low to throw one of them fancy kicks.....bad juju.....i front kicked him in the face for bowin an leavin that area open, he drops his playsticks an stumbles back ,then i plant an axe kick on his head with the heel of my foot, when he went down.....i was joined by some comrades an he was promptly stomped out
    I thought that would probably happen in real life to Capoeira go low to start an attack moves, now I have an example.

I once didn't have to fight by use of the Chuck Norris stare against two idiots trying to start a fight with me. Enough had happened so it could have kicked of. One of them was more mouthy than the other but I said nothing and was just waiting for the attack. It didn't happen and they had to walk off as I never backed away. What they didn't realise was I didn't want to provoke the situation any more becasue they were standing with a plate glass window behind them and anything I did could have sent one of them into it as I wasn't going to hold back when I was outnumbered and I don't hink putting someone through a window is justifiable self defence.
    Last edited by Chance; 2/05/2006 6:20am at .

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    I thought that would probably happen in real life to Capoeira go low to start an attack moves, now I have an example.

I once didn't have to fight by use of the Chuck Norris stare against two idiots trying to start a fight with me. Enough had happened so it could have kicked of. One of them was more mouthy than the other but I said nothing and was just waiting for the attack. It didn't happen and they had to walk off as I never backed away. What they didn't realise was I didn't want to provoke the situation any more becasue they were standing with a plate glass window behind them and anything I did could have sent one of them into it as I wasn't going to hold back when I was outnumbered and I don't hink putting someone through a window is justifiable self defence.
    You kidding? It would have been justifiably AWESOME!!!
    I have a story sort of similar to the Aikido pawnage. A year after I first sparred with a judoka, I met this white belt at my training hall who had a good amount of judo experience. He comes out all freindly with a handshake, which I just know is the set up for some kind of throw, and I refuse to shake his hand.
    Well, the dude keeps insisting so finally just to shut him up, I reach out and try to give him a friendly shake. Sure enough, the guy tries to flip me, but I grab his uniform by the shoulder, and when I wind up on my back (crossways to him), I put my right foot up and into his stomach and boost him over me.
    He's busy landing on his head while I use the momentum from my last move to roll to a low back stance, ready to put my foot through his head.
    Sadly, that's when Master Ahn came in to break up the fight.
    Like I said, it was one of those Karate Kid sport fighting dojang that have sprung up in recent years.
    Still, it was fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 9:49am

Style: TKD, Kendo, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this seems to be a place to post stories I guess I might as well too. Its not really a 'success story' against Bullshido, but what the heck.

I've studied TKD and Kendo, my friend has done TKD, BJJ and MT. I caught him at the city so we decided to have a friendly match (we used to be good full contact TKD sparring partners before he left to goto MT).

We lock ourselves in the squash courts, set the rules. We went for 3 chunks of fights of fights, first MMA rules, then MT rules, then boxing (Hmm I'm somewhat disadvantaged in every type of fight aren't I O_o).

MMA:

I've never fought in this style before so I just give him a roundhouse to the ribs. He takes me down, submits me instantly...

Second time around I manage to use the very basics of grappling I learnt in TKD and defend against his inevitable takedown with a sprawl. I *almost* subbed him a few times but he always wriggles out of it somehow -_-;. I eventually get taken down again but much rolling around ensues resulting in bruised knees and elbows (one of the basics I learnt was some sort of move where you are on the bottom and to use your hips/legs as leverage to flip your opponent over and get on top of them). I get submitted again with an armbar that damaged my elbow for weeks by hyperextending it (BJJ people make sure you cease breaking your friends arm as soon as you feel him tapping out!!!).

MT:

WHACK!!! Goddamn kicks my thigh, and I fall. Over. =]

I kick back with standard roundhouse to his ribs, except he grabs my legs then kicks my leg. I slowly adapt though, I managed to kick hardest I've ever kicked in my life, with speed to boot. Head kicks managed to get through, I kicked his leg with the standard TKD style chambering. It does almost the same damage as his except much faster (I probably owe it to doing that style of kicking for years and years).

After multiple times in clinch and actually getting kneed in the face (a tiny bit of gum was hanging off my mouth! Eww...) I managed to slowly get a comeback. Using sweeps while in clinch, making HEAPS OF LIBERAL abuse of full contact side and back kick, I can keep him at bay while doing serious damage if he is even reasonably close.

It was pretty even under these rules. Clinching was a problem so I had to keep my opponent at bay. Regardless it wasn't as if I couldn't do ANYTHING in the clinch. I had my tools, the just weren't as effective as my friend's.

I manage to adapt pretty quick I notice. Under such dire circumstances you can do little but do it properly. I learnt to shin block that day ^^. Also the sidestepping evasion of TKD doesn't do much to defend against a full MT kick. I admit it does lessen the damage, but not enough to counter properly. Learn to block properly TKDers!

Boxing:

I did surprisingly well here and mostly had the upper hand. Boxing is taught at my TKD so with the standard weaving, slipping, jab/cross/hooking I managed to win this one pretty cleanly. I don't hit as hard, but I connected more often.

Conclusion:

Even with pure TKD (I doubt my kendo helped much) I managed to reasonably hold my own. This was the first time I sparred with such hard contact, and I walked away from this for the better. I now train for hitting with power at my dojang, focus more on doing damage than evading then countering. The Olympic TKDers at my dojang can still run circles around me, but that doesn't faze me one bit when I can just break through their guard while they attack me with a limp kick ^^.

I want a rematch with my friend (and videotape it so I can ul it here =P), but he's been doing MT for much longer now, and will probably kick my arse next time we fight...

Thanks for listening!!! =D

-Nii

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 10:32am

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's not pure tkd if you do boxing

Office Drone

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Let me know if this more or less explains it :user:
    Now I think I'm beginning to understand what you are talking about. For some reason I was seeing you exposing your back rather him partially exposing his. I don't think I understand this counter well enough to try it out rolling yet, but I suppose I was looking from too much of a BJJ/wrestling perspective as my knowledge of Judo is ass-poor. Seeing the throw I have come to understand. Very sorry for the misunderstanding.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 12:20pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No big deal Camus, it is hard to understand without seeing it.

For reference it would be worth mentioning that if you decide to try this with a partner, when your partner is throwing you make sure he keeps his right hand open and pressed flat against your back. If he grabs your gi and balls his hand into a fist to hold it he will possibly jam his knuckles and wrist when he gets pulled over top of you. Happened to me once.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast