Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 7:29am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit, I'm broke and stuck in South Dafuckingkota. Nothing for weapons stuff around here unless I want to do rules-heavy SCA sparring or Collegiate Fencing (basically points-fencing.)

I WILL do ARMA and Dogbrothers one day, though.

Anna, you ever teach Kidspatch any weapons stuff? Didn't she do Kali at one point?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriouly though, how do the Dog Brothers manage to pull these get-togethers without having McCain-clones giving them trouble? This is where I don't understand between sanctioned and unsanctioned events. Would the "gathering of the pack" events (and BS throwdowns for that matter) qualify as amateur events? I'm asking cuz here in Florida, the legislative morons in their infinite wisdom made kickboxing and MMA amateur bouts illegal.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 4:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy who says, "I'm a farmer" and shows up in a few other places is from my school. He's on hiatus right now, but check out his pics from the previous gathering. Bloody as hell.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy who says, "I'm a farmer" is seen in action punyo-ing my head near the beginning of the clip. He's a fucking animal on the mat. Cool as all hell though. Friendly and personable...aside from the kicking my ass part. :biggrin:
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:26pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't think i'll be able to make the June one, but maybe the next one, this seriously looks like a blast.

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 12:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    The guy who says, "I'm a farmer" is seen in action punyo-ing my head near the beginning of the clip. He's a fucking animal on the mat. Cool as all hell though. Friendly and personable...aside from the kicking my ass part. :biggrin:
    Yeah, Fred is a cool guy. My teacher was saying tonight, when I mentioned this thread, that Fred had been running instead of training with sticks for month or two before the gathering to get his wind up. Must have done some good.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Don't think i'll be able to make the June one, but maybe the next one, this seriously looks like a blast.
    If enough people go we'll have to have a mini-bullshido gathering at the gathering of the pack.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 1:19am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After my upcoming string of fights maybe :P

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 1:24am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the level of weapons sparring to which the MD Throwdown Crew is aiming for. We aren't there yet. But we will get there.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    This is the level of weapons sparring to which the MD Throwdown Crew is aiming for. We aren't there yet. But we will get there.
    That would be sweet :icon_cool

On a similar note, have you guys checked their 'Kali Tudo' promo clip??? If not, check it out; just ignore the first minute of it, and check the content of the clip after the first minute.

The more that I take escrima classes, and the more I see clips like this, the more that I like this stuff :icon_twis

:bowdown:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's where I think the discussion gets interesting...on one side the DB's talk about testing themselves and their techniques in as realistic way as possible but...on the otherhand, no one in their right mind would spar like that without a helmet. If you were going up against someone who wanted to knock your block off with a stick and weren't wearing a helmet, I don't think you'd see the same "crashing" style of attack/defense, especially considering that a "true" hit to the head would be more or less devastating and a complete fight ender.

If you and I are going to spar in boxing or kickboxing, you and I are both willing and expect to take shots to the head. I'm not willing to take shots or a single shot to the head with a stick. So, if we change the game to allow/expect headshots as a regular part of the "realistic" training, we're really changing our "sport" in a significant way from how we would attack/defend against someone without a helmet.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast