Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:21pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    The same way you'd get an omoplata, except you let the arm straighten and slide your foot across their face. They're interchangeable AFAIC.
    End up belly down? (sorry for so many questions, just looking to add to my arsenal)

Edit: I also rarely go for the omoplata off the shot, I should try more often.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ok. Well the omoplata is an easy solution to the shoot because you use their forward momentum to propel you into it.

Pull guard as hard as possible and wrench your body around...it's hard to explain without a picture, but if you understand the omoplata in general you should get the idea.

If you can get the omoplata, you should have the armbar at will.

Try this next class, the aggressive pursuit of the omoplata. Then feel the movement and ease of transition between it and the armbar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:34pm

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    This is false.
    There are people of the opinion that global climate change is a conspiracy by liberal treehugging scientists.
    There are people of the opinion that evolution is false and that the world was created 6000 years ago.

These are not valid opinions.

So you take your lumps from that 5% and move on?
    How about this, train against competent fighters and have to worry about the much smaller percentage who do, might want to hurt you and are more skilled.

I did not say I did not train for that eventuallity. Training includes how to deal with various different attacks (including agains the practitioners). The best way to stop a grappler is to not let them touch you then if they do give them something else to worry about.

OH and I that "double leg" still looks more like a clumsy tackle to me thus a sidestep and controling the head long enough to axe kick the knee would work.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like a combinatoin of these two responses best:

Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    I'd ensure that my photos were better staged, and look cool by moaning "keep your hands up!" at all kinds of dumbassed pictures without benefit of any contextual clues.
    and this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Deadly
    A strong pelvic thrust to the head will knock him out, but you have to be 'ready for action', if you know what I mean!
    Except if it was my pelvic thrust it wouldn't knock him out....it would choke him out......:5shocking yeah baby.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    I did not say I did not train for that eventuallity. Training includes how to deal with various different attacks (including agains the practitioners).
    hmmmm .... ok ... so why would you say so much stupid **** then ?

The best way to stop a grappler is to not let them touch you then if they do give them something else to worry about.
    Yes the best way to fight is not to fight ... becouse that's the only way you are not going to touch them or let them touch you .

OH and I that "double leg" still looks more like a clumsy tackle to me thus a sidestep and controling the head long enough to axe kick the knee would work.
    Axe kick to the knee ? Off a tackle or a shoot ? You are sofa king retar dead I have to use that line again ... and it's old and worn out .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Downward axe kick to the knee after sidestepping...And you were being serious.

You don't have to do BJJ to realize that **** is tantamount to the double open palm strike to the eardrum or the elbow to the spine response.

Congratulations! You are now the new whipping boy.

You really did not read that. A side step would put me at RIGHT ANGLES to them, thus making it almost impossible to hit hte head. Further I would be in right frount guard and thus able to block an attack to the head. THe knee would be open to a kick.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:43pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really did not read that. A side step would put me at RIGHT ANGLES to them, thus making it almost impossible to hit hte head. Further I would be in right frount guard and thus able to block an attack to the head. THe knee would be open to a kick.
    Admit it, you've never fought a decent wrestler even once.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    Actually the advice I gave you comes from folk/free-style wrestling, not BJJ.

And lets not try to make this about "opinion" or "point of view". It's not about either.

You just dont know basic grappling and I do.
    I do however know about self defence, and I did GR Wrestling at highschool, it is not really applicable here. It is about POV. Some one tries to grab me I will retaliate in the manner I was trained, and that is not getting into a wrestling match.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    Oh, ok. Well the omoplata is an easy solution to the shoot because you use their forward momentum to propel you into it.

Pull guard as hard as possible and wrench your body around...it's hard to explain without a picture, but if you understand the omoplata in general you should get the idea.

If you can get the omoplata, you should have the armbar at will.

Try this next class, the aggressive pursuit of the omoplata. Then feel the movement and ease of transition between it and the armbar.
    Thanks man.

and yeah I'm very familiar with the omplate armbar traingle from guard transitions, it's just that The only time I train takedowns 100% live are on thursdays (wrestling/judo class) and if you're put on your back and dont have the sub already locked you "lose".

I usually stick to the basics because of this, but yeah I'll definately experiment with your advice next class.

Thanks again ICY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 7:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do however know about self defence, and I did GR Wrestling at highschool, it is not really applicable here. It is about POV. Some one tries to grab me I will retaliate in the manner I was trained, and that is not getting into a wrestling match.
    If you can't defend yourself against a wrestler (the most common fighters around, every highscool has a wrestling team) what exactly do you know about self defense again?

Bullshit you wrestled in highschool, you dont know what a fucking sprawl is.

a shot is not a "grab". Thinking you can "retaliate in the manner I was trained" effectively against a shot, when you obviously cant, means you will get your ass kicked by wrestlers. Case closed. You don;t get to decide when to wrestle a wrestler, they make that decision for you.

Once again, it's not about POV, it's about realistic defense against the shot. You dont have it.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast