Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:45pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    Yeah I am sure Eddy could. Tank generally would suggest using a small wheel/thumb assited folder for this, and generally cit down. The photo is fucked up and I admit it, chances are the idiot photgraphing it wanted it to look "impressive" as no one trained in knife fighing (myself inculded) would use a pRambo dick enhancer like that. We don't even train with that ****. So I can not explain. Geoff would prefer a smashette (not really useful in this manner) or a Fairburn comando dagger for a fixed blade.

Again this photo steams from some guy claiming he had an unstopable hold, that despite the evidence once sinched in was "impossible" to stop.

OH and a "gut wound" might be a little hard to do from that angle (twisted or not) generally you need a bit more room to stab. Twisting might let them put it on harder too.

I would advocate pulling the chin down as the arm comes around (thus the forearm is over the chin and not as firmly on, then pulling down on the arm further with hands, then twisting sideways and kicking the knee.

Or if you are a prowrestler, flailing your arms about and hulking up ;)
    That, or the alternative.

The alternative being that...

1. The technique sucks.

2. Your combatives program sucks monkey balls.

3. You suck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:53pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    What is the omoplata? (I'm not up on grappling terms)
    According to phrost, it's a breakfast cerial.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 12:37am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a heads-up for some of the suggestions posted here:

- kneeing someone who is trying to lift your legs off the ground is the easiest way to land on your back twice as hard. I've had very good strikers try to do this to me (a novice judoka) and they fell on their arse hard.
    - elbow striking someone in the back also doesn't work too well. There isn't much space for the strike normally, and it doesn't stop you from being pushed backwards and then thrown to the ground. Its a bad idea unless the person trying the double leg is having real difficulty, e.g. someone 50lb less with no skill.
    - eye striking/gouging - gouging is only good if you are pinned underneath someone and you have your hand in the right spot, and is only worth doing if you want the person to move their head and hands. It wont incapacitate but might get them to move. Of course if they are good at wrestling and you are ****, then all this will do is make them get mount and smash your head into the ground with more vigor. Gouging might be more useful to a wrestler who is trying to provoke the other wrestler in a better position to move so they can try something. Eye-striking (read finger-strike or something to eye/face) works well if the other person isn't moving much and not expecting it, and can be a fight ender. Good for RBSD but not this situation.
    - kicks of all sort are stupid at this range (double leg take down range).
    - perhaps a step-back into a lower stance and low hooking punch to the side of the head done with great force would be very effective. This needs to be practiced a lot as the punching action is a little different when aiming downwards and hooking.
    - sprawling is a simple thing to do for most strikers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 5:16am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -Sidestep, sprawl
    -if that fails try guilhotine and/or sumi gaeshi trying to end up in mount
    -if that fails pull closed guard and work from there

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 10:25am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    Just a heads-up for some of the suggestions posted here:

- kneeing someone who is trying to lift your legs off the ground is the easiest way to land on your back twice as hard. I've had very good strikers try to do this to me (a novice judoka) and they fell on their arse hard.
    The knee can be landed but the legs must first go back wide and you must control the arm on that side .It is better to just go for the back but you can can land the knee.to the side not the top.
    Last edited by rexkwon; 2/06/2006 11:02am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:09am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That craziness with breaking a hold with a knife a knife reminds me of something I saw in a Self Defence book that if you smoke you might have a cigarrette lighter and not many people (except Gary Bussey in Lethal weapon) can withstand a flame held to their arm. makes more sense than walking round with a huge knife which is in my opinion paranoid and dangerously delusional. I suppose if your wearing a shell suit or too much hairspray you could also set yourself on fire but hey noone is going to hold on to you now! :XXsmoker:

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    That craziness with brakinga hold with a knife a knife reminds me of something I saw in a Self Defence book that if you smoke you might have a cigarrette lighter and not many people (except Gary Bussey in Lethal weapon) can withstand a flame held to their arm. makes more sense than walking round with a huge knife which is in my opinion paranoid and dangerously delusional.
    Most people have problems using their lighters under the resistance of a strong breeze. Don't count on it to save you from a choke.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:23am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    Most people have problems using their lighters under the resistance of a strong breeze. Don't count on it to save you from a choke.
    No I wouldn't, I know only training can get you out of that situation.

I just thought I'd mention it while all the "Actually I'm always armed to the teeth so the world (which I'm very afraid of) can't hurt me" arguments were being aired.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    You really are not going to drop it are you?

Ok one is MORE likely to deal with come twit who does not know what they ar e doing 95% of the time. Further how much do you know about CQB?? NONE of it is flailing away, it is about deliberate controlled, an forceful solutions to the situation. There are very few "degrees" of force in it.

I am a working professional who does not have the time to hang around a lot of classes, further if I found a decent CQB like class around I would take the time to do that. BJJ has never interested me, it is just my tastes.

ALL opinions are equally valid, otherwise one has a closed mind, and little to live for.
    Wow...NO. Not all opinions are equally valid. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about what so ever. This makes your opinion ****.
    What do we know about CQB? It is crap. And you are proving that everytime you post.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, you could get a "mini-torch" type that's windproof and make the guy choking you mad enough that he chokes you to death instead of just unconcious...
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast