Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:23am

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the omoplata? (I'm not up on grappling terms)

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:32am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    What is the omoplata? (I'm not up on grappling terms)
    Basically it's this:

http://www.bjj.org/techniques/jacare/umaplata/

Obviously you can land it from a lot of different positions.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 2:32am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd simply grab his wrist and watch him elaborately fall over.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take issue with this technique.

If he struggles, and your knife kinda slips, you're going to be in a lot more trouble than a shredded forearm.

Boyscout's rule # 1: NEVER cut towards yourself.

Couldn't the guy in the photo just twist his body aside and stab him in the guts instead?

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love these photos.

"Noooo, stop hitting me, you big bully, I'm telling mummy!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 8:05am

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    Side step and then axe kick? Sounds complicated. My solution for dealing with the double leg takedown:

1) Kiai. If you have proper fighting spirit you will break the opponents will to fight. If your chi rating is high enough (I'm talking 3000+ here) you will stun him and he will fall over. Stomp. Stomp Stomp. You win.

2) If your kiai doesn't stop the takedown I recommend summersaulting over him as he comes in. Land on his back from the summersault and you will break his spine. If you're not skilled enough to break his spine he will still fall over. Stomp Stomp Stomp. You win.

3) Teleport attacks. I won't go into this because I don't think anyone on Bullshido has a Chi rating high enough for this maneuver (You need at least 25,000 Chi points).

4) If none of the above works, I recommend the sprawl.
    Thank you for taking it the way I was meaning too!

I think most of us agree an elbow to the back is likely to piss someone off and not make them let go. My answer was as a prmary non grappler. Grapplers have given answers I like. Then the Trolls are just trolls ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 8:15am

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    I take issue with this technique.

If he struggles, and your knife kinda slips, you're going to be in a lot more trouble than a shredded forearm.

Boyscout's rule # 1: NEVER cut towards yourself.

Couldn't the guy in the photo just twist his body aside and stab him in the guts instead?

Yeah I am sure Eddy could. Tank generally would suggest using a small wheel/thumb assited folder for this, and generally cit down. The photo is fucked up and I admit it, chances are the idiot photgraphing it wanted it to look "impressive" as no one trained in knife fighing (myself inculded) would use a pRambo dick enhancer like that. We don't even train with that ****. So I can not explain. Geoff would prefer a smashette (not really useful in this manner) or a Fairburn comando dagger for a fixed blade.

Again this photo steams from some guy claiming he had an unstopable hold, that despite the evidence once sinched in was "impossible" to stop.

OH and a "gut wound" might be a little hard to do from that angle (twisted or not) generally you need a bit more room to stab. Twisting might let them put it on harder too.

I would advocate pulling the chin down as the arm comes around (thus the forearm is over the chin and not as firmly on, then pulling down on the arm further with hands, then twisting sideways and kicking the knee.

Or if you are a prowrestler, flailing your arms about and hulking up ;)
    Last edited by Enech; 2/03/2006 8:25am at .

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    No I am secure in my manhood. You however seem to be of the school a real "man" has to fight to prove it. Sorry but go have another beer. I will stick to my whisky and not worry what you think.
    It has nothing to do with being a "man". It has to do with actually pressure testing your techniques. If you don't spar, you will always suck at fighting. If you only spar with the people you train with, you will get good at defending what they do well, and you will suck at defending what they do poorly or not at all.

Your statements make it clear that the people you train with do grappling poorly or not at all. Therefore, if you do not spar with grapplers from outside your school, your grappling defenses will always suck. Which means that you will suck as a fighter, because there will be gaping holes in your game.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 10:20pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    Yeah I am sure Eddy could. Tank generally would suggest using a small wheel/thumb assited folder for this, and generally cit down. The photo is fucked up and I admit it, chances are the idiot photgraphing it wanted it to look "impressive" as no one trained in knife fighing (myself inculded) would use a pRambo dick enhancer like that. We don't even train with that ****. So I can not explain. Geoff would prefer a smashette (not really useful in this manner) or a Fairburn comando dagger for a fixed blade.

Again this photo steams from some guy claiming he had an unstopable hold, that despite the evidence once sinched in was "impossible" to stop.

OH and a "gut wound" might be a little hard to do from that angle (twisted or not) generally you need a bit more room to stab. Twisting might let them put it on harder too.

I would advocate pulling the chin down as the arm comes around (thus the forearm is over the chin and not as firmly on, then pulling down on the arm further with hands, then twisting sideways and kicking the knee.

Or if you are a prowrestler, flailing your arms about and hulking up ;)

So your training pre-supposes that you have a knife and your opponent does not (or is unwilling to use it on you)?! He applies a hold and you slice open his forearm? Well, sure anyone can win this scenario. Why don't you just practice how to shoot unarmed attackers with a submachinegun? Because that seems to be your only effective defense: having an insanely high advantage.

You're a special, special boy Enech. Every time I read one of your posts I have to take a five-minute laughing break. You do realize you've busted out the "too deadly to spar" argument (not to mention serveral "straw men")?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eunich is the new forum whipping boy. He is just so awesome I hope he never leaves.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415 LastLast