Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 10:09pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    Which includes reduction of blood flow to the brain and applies pressure to the nerve cluster on the artery (ok so I forgot that one, sue me, I am on reduced caffeine at the moment as my wife is on a diet).

Not every one reacts the same (Same goes for does of anasthetic).

SOME people will DIE due to the hold others resist longer.
    Nerve cluster?

Everyone will die if you hold it long enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 10:36pm

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    Nerve cluster?

Everyone will die if you hold it long enough.
    Yes a Nerve cluster, and SOME people with a preexisting heart arythmia (sp) can possbily die! (I have a PhD, with some anatomy papers)

I am off to bed now, my wife has to leave for work at 6am and I start a new job on monday, so sleep is good!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 10:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see why this thread needed to continue past the first reply.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 10:49pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was all an elaborate ploy to get you to post.

My work here is done.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    I don't see why this thread needed to continue past the first reply.
    It's useless comments like that ^^^^

drama drama drama

**** talking all the time .

:deadhorse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 11:08pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eunich,

Face it. You know nothing about grappling and even less about fighting. The more you spout off the more apparent this is. You are in way over your head with people who know much more about than you.

You can continue to shove your foot further down your throat or bow out gracefully.

Either way will suit me. Comedy like yours is a rarity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 12:58am

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Eunich,

Face it. You know nothing about grappling and even less about fighting. The more you spout off the more apparent this is. You are in way over your head with people who know much more about than you.

You can continue to shove your foot further down your throat or bow out gracefully.

Either way will suit me. Comedy like yours is a rarity.
    Right up there with your ignorance

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 12:59am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really tell me all you know about the Geoff Todd School, his methods, his acrediations, who he trains and what? I am not an american.

"I was in the military". So What. What branch, how indepth?

I am not saying CQB is BETTER than anything else, but it most certainly is not worse. We do not train in "armour". WE use no pads, not on the floor not on us, except in the pugil stick training.

I restate I am a civilain. Geoff Todd, the Late Charles Nelson (and his successors), Larry Jordan, and several other master Cheif instructors teach civilains. We train along side some police and military. It has it's place. It has several names. Unlike many martial arts, we do not think we are "it". Rather we are an answer. The methods are "simpler" and less likely to break down than some of the fancy **** (say TWK) shows.

Your argument is just as full of shite, and avoids my question.

HOW WOULD YOU HAVE DELT WITH THE SITUATION IN THE ORIGIONAL THREAD?

JFS showed bad techniques.

I said how I was trained. Some one tries to tackle, you avoid, decentralise, and neutralise (sidestep, get off their feet usually with an axe kick, then knock them our or render incapable of continuing on).

You "martial artists" (and this is only directed at idiots who nay say my path) should have a more open mind! No I don't know BJJ. Get over it.
    How the **** are you gonna call me on it? All you do is spout off about some combatitives system that uses military terms for ranks 'cause it preys upon wannabes.

But if you are interested in my credentials, PM me and I'll reply.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:13am

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As requested by Dreadnaught:

Ok so here goes. We are all having a ball here, but Lets take the example of the double leg take down. Shown is an elbow to the back. It MIGHT work, but in my experience it is not that effective.

SO how would you deal with it?

My answers is as follows.

(a) try to side step the attack, and control the head of the attaker. Swift axe kick to the back of the knee and stomp them a few times.
    (b) That fails and they get you on your back. I'd start by "distracting them" with a thumb in or near the eyes (unless they are on drugs that generally stops people from doing what they are doin). Roll them off and get to your feet fast, some form of finishing (a stomp, a kick, or a run like hell).
    (c) I might also try a choke if my arms were free (not my favourite idea but if all else fails try something else).

I'm more experienced at getting out of the way or eye gouging (yeah it's not nice but neither is being attacked).

I am NOT a fan of pressure points as they don't work very well all the time!

Ok this is likely to be slammed, but hey I can cope with a cyber slam.

Side step and then axe kick? Sounds complicated. My solution for dealing with the double leg takedown:

1) Kiai. If you have proper fighting spirit you will break the opponents will to fight. If your chi rating is high enough (I'm talking 3000+ here) you will stun him and he will fall over. Stomp. Stomp Stomp. You win.

2) If your kiai doesn't stop the takedown I recommend summersaulting over him as he comes in. Land on his back from the summersault and you will break his spine. If you're not skilled enough to break his spine he will still fall over. Stomp Stomp Stomp. You win.

3) Teleport attacks. I won't go into this because I don't think anyone on Bullshido has a Chi rating high enough for this maneuver (You need at least 25,000 Chi points).

4) If none of the above works, I recommend the sprawl.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:20am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    The same way you'd get an omoplata, except you let the arm straighten and slide your foot across their face. They're interchangeable AFAIC.
    I'm a big fan of the omoplata, myself. I actually taught this as a defense to a single leg to some guys at my university Judo class.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal