Page 11 of 15 First ... 789101112131415 Last
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    What is an invincible sleeper hold?
    I think you attract nutters for both students and detractors.

    Note the "" that I used. The guy claiming no one could get out of it was stopped with (a) a tuck of the chin followed by a grab of the arm (to releive pressure) and a simulated nut shot and simulated elbow to the head (it was a freindly discussion) but reacted that "what if I got it on and you could not do that" which is of course utter shite.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    How does an RNC work?
    It IF (a big if) applied correctly will slow down or stop flow of blood to the brain. thus causing someone to pass out. However it will vary in time to take effect. I when I had a cobra applied went out relitively fast (given I have lost a lot of muscle mass recently, the pressure was applied easily). However some of the "no necks" out there MIGHT last longer. Generally 2 to 14 seconds. Longer if poorly applied.

    It has to be APPLIED to work as well.

  3. #103
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,861
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    How does an RNC work?
    First you get behind them .... (Rear)

    then you slowly undress them carressing your partners body (Naked)

    and then something about a donkey punch and a "wizzer" ....
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    556
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    Note the "" that I used. The guy claiming no one could get out of it was stopped with (a) a tuck of the chin followed by a grab of the arm (to releive pressure) and a simulated nut shot and simulated elbow to the head (it was a freindly discussion) but reacted that "what if I got it on and you could not do that" which is of course utter shite.
    This will not stop an RNC.

    How does an RNC work?

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    556
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    It IF (a big if) applied correctly will slow down or stop flow of blood to the brain. thus causing someone to pass out. However it will vary in time to take effect. I when I had a cobra applied went out relitively fast (given I have lost a lot of muscle mass recently, the pressure was applied easily). However some of the "no necks" out there MIGHT last longer. Generally 2 to 14 seconds. Longer if poorly applied.

    It has to be APPLIED to work as well.
    1/3 right.

    Not terrible. Not good though.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    1/3 right.

    Not terrible. Not good though.
    "oh do enlighten me" That is the scientific way it works.

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    556
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    constriction of the carotid artery (causing hypoxia).

  8. #108

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    1/3 right.

    Not terrible. Not good though.

    Application of chokes also depend on the height of the person. My 7 foot tall fellow bouncer would be a bitch to apply one to (a foot taller than I). even steping on the back of the knee.

    Further tucking the chin as the arm comes around (thus reducing pressue to the blood vessel) will give more time to remove it (as does pulling the arm down). Sorry you can say it does not work but it does. These holds are not that simple to put on, people don't jsut stand there and go "oh **** he is putting a rear neck choke/Kubi ura jime on me what shall I do".

    Similarly how many people bear hug from behinde and leave your arms free? Or try a full nelson? Legit holds, not that fecking practical.

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    constriction of the carotid artery (causing hypoxia).
    Which includes reduction of blood flow to the brain and applies pressure to the nerve cluster on the artery (ok so I forgot that one, sue me, I am on reduced caffeine at the moment as my wife is on a diet).

    Not every one reacts the same (Same goes for does of anasthetic).

    SOME people will DIE due to the hold others resist longer.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    556
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enech
    Application of chokes also depend on the height of the person. My 7 foot tall fellow bouncer would be a bitch to apply one to (a foot taller than I). even steping on the back of the knee.

    Further tucking the chin as the arm comes around (thus reducing pressue to the blood vessel) will give more time to remove it (as does pulling the arm down). Sorry you can say it does not work but it does. These holds are not that simple to put on, people don't jsut stand there and go "oh **** he is putting a rear neck choke/Kubi ura jime on me what shall I do".

    Similarly how many people bear hug from behinde and leave your arms free? Or try a full nelson? Legit holds, not that fecking practical.
    Take him down, take his back, put the hooks in. 7 feet tall or a midget (sorry, little person) it all works the same.

    The artery in question is not under the chin, but at the sides of the neck.

    Yes it's a simple move to put on, even for a BJJ white belt.

    No your defense will not work as the arm your trying to pull off should be tucked behind your neck.

    You dont know grappling, dont try to claim you know anything about choke escapes. Chokes, etc. besides what you can look up online.

    I slap RNC's on fully resisting trained fighters on a daily basis, I dont care what they "let" me do.

Page 11 of 15 First ... 789101112131415 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO