Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:12pm

Style: CQB/CQC Todd Lineage.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How would you deal with the Examples shown in the JFS thread?

As requested by Dreadnaught:

Ok so here goes. We are all having a ball here, but Lets take the example of the double leg take down. Shown is an elbow to the back. It MIGHT work, but in my experience it is not that effective.

SO how would you deal with it?

My answers is as follows.

(a) try to side step the attack, and control the head of the attaker. Swift axe kick to the back of the knee and stomp them a few times.
    (b) That fails and they get you on your back. I'd start by "distracting them" with a thumb in or near the eyes (unless they are on drugs that generally stops people from doing what they are doin). Roll them off and get to your feet fast, some form of finishing (a stomp, a kick, or a run like hell).
    (c) I might also try a choke if my arms were free (not my favourite idea but if all else fails try something else).

I'm more experienced at getting out of the way or eye gouging (yeah it's not nice but neither is being attacked).

I am NOT a fan of pressure points as they don't work very well all the time!

Ok this is likely to be slammed, but hey I can cope with a cyber slam.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:13pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reverse omoplata.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:17pm

Style: Warp Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By ripping their innards out with my bare hands and offering their severed head as sacrifice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Corrupted
    By ripping their innards out with my bare hands and offering their severed head as sacrifice.
    I hope you you plan to garnish that properly? Or at least a creative plating.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or you can just knee them in the head as they are going for your legs, lean forward and spread your legs so its harder for them to take you down (your legs are stronger than there arms) then elbow them in the head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:20pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a couple of things

if the guy already has his arms around your legs, the most basic response would be to simply sprawl. it is certianly going to be difficult to strike as you are being taken down.

if the guy has not yet wraped his arms around your legs, then yes it is concievable you could strike, but you are going to have to drop down at the same time to actually reach the persons body if you are punching. you could try kicking, but its really hard to do. If you miss you are screwed, you only have one leg up.

you can try sidesteping or moving backwards but it doesnt work that well. try it with a friend, you will see what i mean. the guy attempting the double leg can adjust while in motion pretty easily, plus your arms can cover a wide distance.

the best way to counter a grappler is to at the very least learn the basics of grappling. plus the added benefit is that you can learn how to preform the same attacks competantly, as well as learn the defenses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:22pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sprawl and guillotine.

Edit: If fail, guard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    or you can just knee them in the head as they are going for your legs, lean forward and spread your legs so its harder for them to take you down (your legs are stronger than there arms) then elbow them in the head.

Oops I did forget that one, though I prefer a preemtive axe kick if there is time (and I can not avoid).

I agree on the elbow. My master cheif instructor got very annoyed with people using their upper body when their legs were avaliable! Though he was ammused with "pressure points" being tired. Every one is different. He was showing a "double wrist lock" in a control and restraint class. When he put it on me it took a lot more effort as I have very flexible wrists. Though his follow up knee to the groin, chin jab simulation was not to be lauged at (his lower lip twist in the same class (for making someone get up out of a chair) worked on me however (OUCH))

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Either way this thread boils down to "HOW DO DEFEND SHOOT!!!111" and should be moved somewhere else.

Besides, everyone knows Sumi-gaeshi is the only way to defeat the invincible double-leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chain punch.
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast