Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 5:25am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chinese Bareknuckle Boxing?

A guy i met was talking/bragging to me about Chinese barekuckle boxing, or chinese kickboxing. He was vague on details, and didnt really give me much of an idea what he was talking about. i have never seen this style and dont know whether this guy is legit, or if half of its just some **** he made up.

If any of you guys can tell me anything about this, please dont hesitate to answer this post.

thanks!

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 5:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably old school kung fu tournaments. Just with no gloves and no pads.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think instead of doing any research, and without having any idea what I'm talking about, that I, like Hannibal, will post an opinion anyway.

He was talking about an underground kumite, held in Hong Kong...

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 10:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most countries have bareknuckle boxing in their history.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In UK, a popular mainstream Kung Fu calling itself "Lau Gar" (not to be confused with the famous Lau Gar) often calls itself "Kung fu Kickboxing". By kickboxing, they generally mean semi-contact points sparring -at which they are very successful. they have had some guys do well in full-contact I think also but are mostly seen as a belt-factory type of thing. The Grand Master is a guy called Jeremy Lau.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 3:39pm

Style: Alien Cosmic Chi Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supposedly, in Taiwan, they had many bare knuckle boxing matches back in the day, some to the death or without rules. Alot of supposed "masters" and experts tested their skills there, even some BGZ guys. But from what I've heard, alot it happened underground (on the streets) with bets given on the side, from there (just like our "streets") you developed a certain reputation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 6:52am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i beleive he mentioned something about wristlocks and other such manouvers which, in my opinion dont tend to work in real life situations. (though i havent had any experience with them, only heard things and seen the basics) but from what he was telling me it all sounded pretty shithouse.

I think he was just one of those guys whose been doing it for like 6 months and thinks he knows everything about his martial art, you know what i mean?

So i guess for me to judge 'chinese bareknuckle boxing' or whatever it is based on my meeting with this bloke isnt really fair.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sanda fighter and my sport evlved from such events which were called "Da Lei Tai". It literally meant fighting on a platform. If you guys get to watch Jet Li's new show fearless, you will get to see it. Way back in the old days, schools fought bareknuckle and style vs styles were extremely prominent, so basic wrist locks could have existed since it is afterall TCMA.

In the 70s, here in Singapore, open finger bag gloves were introduced (sounds familiar doesn't it), but alot of triads were involved in TCMA. So when one side lostt and if his school cannot accept such lost, all of them wil go up the stage and beat the other guy up and then the rest of the winning school membe will go up too, then before you know it, a massive brawl in the stadium begins. Of course, our local federation didn't sanction such behaviour, but it did happen.

Fast forward to our time, sanda is now a sissy sport compared to those days, eventhough we do it full-contact. Guys like my seniors might not win in the sport this days because of the rulings, but I can't say the same when they are out on the streets.

Moron

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 8:53pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From an article in 'Fighting Arts International' years ago, on Dan Docherty. Not quite bare knuckle but almost. He is talking about the 1976 'South East Asian Martial Arts Championships' of which I can find very little information on the internet (but I have seen a film of a fight in the 1980 event.

In 1976 I was very raw, with only one year of Tai Chi behind me and so my defence in particular was not that well developed. That was also a particularly vicious competition because the gloves we used were like driving gloves with the fingertips cut off. In my first fight against a hard stylist from Malaysia I got two black eyes a bleeding nose, puffed lips and heavy bruising from the left hip down to the foot from Thai Boxing kicks. My left foot was so bad I couldn't get a shoe on and I had to have a tetanus shot followed by herbal mudpacks to reduce the swelling.

software engineer

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jungle-mania
    I am sanda fighter
    :shock:
    YOU ARE SANDA FIGHTER
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast