Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:06pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Your status as staff wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make.

What I was trying to say is that JFS hung himself by making all those threats, not by teaching crappling. I hope and believe that JFS would not fight someone who was not willing to fight back. Regardless we all know how far such sentiments go in the courtroom.

Damn overly litigous society. They should bring back dueling. People get a whole lot more polite when duels are legal.
    Thank you for clarifying.

I enjoy Florida. We are allowed to carry firearms. People are polite here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    This sucks. Oh well. One thing though...

Speaking of proof, I'd really like some sort of proof or explanation of the "evil deeds" JFS was planning. The "we can't tell you but it's bad" explanation is 101% bullshit.
    Sorry, can't. Considering you can put his name in Google and read for yourself about him, you can figure out from that, he's not one to be trusted, with anything.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:08pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    This sucks. Oh well. One thing though...

Speaking of proof, I'd really like some sort of proof or explanation of the "evil deeds" JFS was planning. The "we can't tell you but it's bad" explanation is 101% bullshit.
    What "evil deeds"? Any confidential information we have will remain as such, and wasn't that important in the decision making process as there was already enough cause for concern based on what everyone has already seen posted on the public forums.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter
    While the photos, posted with little context or referential frame, may show him not to be a groundfighter, he never claimed to be one.
    If I show someone how to perform an activity that will result in them being harmed if done improperly am I suddenly not liable because I didn't know how to do it properly myself?

He has been vindicated on his other claims though: he has shown up to throw down, people believe he's a competant fighter, has extensive backgound in CMA, has ties to old-world Chinese organizations, ex-US Special Forces. So what have you proven here? That people can be made fun on in out of context still-frames?
    Red herring.

That he taught a 'ground work overview' as a part of a much broader scoped CMA seminar, from his own point of view, which is different than BJJ?
    It's different from every usable system of ground grappling.

Big fucking deal, you guys live in a small world.
    I don't know how it works on your small world, but on mine we don't tolerate fraud.

You pose all these doubts about the guys overall credentials, which have all checked out over the course of his being here at BS, and then your 'proof' is the same old photos from his seminar?
    What grappling credentials were verified?

If you weren't such a big ***** Anthony, you would go check out his skills in person as he invited you to do (or send someone qualified to represent), instead of hiding behind the keyboard and trying to do a dim-witted hatchet job on the guy. Sure, so quote 'tung-fu', post up some lame photos of the guy, call it a bullshido expose, and then declare victory.... Dipshit.
    "YOU CANNOT CRITICIZE WING CHUN UNLESS YOU COME HERE AND SPAR MY SIFU OMG". Same argument, different guy.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is advertised that he will be teaching grappling (among other things).
    He is paid to do so.

The pictures on this thread indicate that he was not teaching people correctly (though we don't see what corrections he made).
    Throwdown video confirms he doesn't know how to grapple, regardless of standup skill.

What is the question? Whether he is guilty of such bullshido on a regular basis is a different question. He clearly is in this case.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said Dreadnaught and Upa.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    If the Gracies are teaching Bullshido, you better bet they would get called on it.

We have no idea how long he's been doing it. I have one instance online.

Saying it's okay since he only taught a little bullshido is like saying, it's okay, I'm a little pregnant.
    Wrong, for two reasons.

1) One does not become a bullshido artist that easily. A Muay Thai champion who believes in antigrappling is not in the same category as your average wing chun fairy who believes in antigrappling. Bruises and fighting experience count. A Gracie who teaches lousy kickboxing can still armlock me into next week even if I can out strike him.

2) More importantly, JSF has indeed CLAIMED HE WILL SEEK GRAPPLING LESSONS. He wants to learn, and pictures and facts from more than a year ago are irrelevant in this context.

Anthony, the bullshido site indeed has as its mission fighting false claims and substandard practices in the martial arts. This mission is accomplished by two means: (i) investigating frauds and alerting people against them, and (ii) TEACHING people with wrong perceptions about the truths of unarmed combat.

JFS has admitted he needs grappling experience, and he has decided to seek it out. We can ask no more of him.

If you want to crucify peope for the wrong ideas they once HAD about martial arts, this site will not work to further its mission, AND you might as well start with me, because I came here a wing chuner, even though, partly thanks to this site, I am now an enthusiastic Muay Thai practitioner with exactly two years of experience. According to your logic my wing chun will never leave me, so I will always be a bullshido artist!

Listen, Anthony. This will go nowhere. If JFS has threatened you or your family, ask Phrost to ban him already, and get done with it - I have no patience with threats myself. But what you are trying to do here will not work, because the guy, for all his faults, is a fighter, he is not Ashika im or Phil Elmore.

Anyway, I know how this will go on. Anthony will insist JFS is a bullshido artist, JFS will not admit he sucks at grappling just to be an asshole (even though he did in other threads), and this will last at least 10 pages. Argh.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:36pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kung Fu Online thread

The above link has some arguments for and against JFS.

FWIW, I have "ground work" in my system, but I would not equate that to grappling.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:37pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok its a legit seminar he charged $ for.

Questions:

We don't see JFS "grappling" we him showing defenses. Remember none of these Kung Fuers probably know how to grapple so they made there best approximation of the attack. So is this a grappling seminar or defend yourself from the ground and get the hell back up seminar? They would be different.

In the thread that lead to his thread, I said that once my instructor did a Tantojutsu seminar and he showed how not to hold a knife. That when they snapped the picture and used it on a later flyer. We had no control over that. Could this be the case?

All I see proven so far is

1. JFS held a seminar that included "ground work" and charge for it
    2. JFS admittively know "less about BJJ then a BJJ White Belt"

Could of been teaching Huang Gar or SPM?

I ask all this questions respectively, as I know JFS can hit like a truck and has a good amount of knowledge on Kung Fu. Also he never been anything by a nice friendly guy that willing share his knoweledge for free at our throwdowns.

EDIT: I will remind people again. JFS has ask some of the BJJers and Judo-ka to work with him on the ground. Hence he admits he doesn't know everything and wish to learn. With the exception of Dreadnought and Aesopain, we weren't born knowing how to do a triangle choke, we learned it.
    Last edited by Plasma; 2/02/2006 3:42pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Wrong, for two reasons.

1) One does not become a bullshido artist that easily. A Muay Thai champion who believes in antigrappling is not in the same category as your average wing chun fairy who believes in antigrappling. Bruises and fighting experience count. A Gracie who teaches lousy kickboxing can still armlock me into next week even if I can out strike him.

2) More importantly, JSF has indeed CLAIMED HE WILL SEEK GRAPPLING LESSONS. He wants to learn, and pictures and facts from more than a year ago are irrelevant in this context.

Anthony, the bullshido site indeed has as its mission fighting false claims and substandard practices in the martial arts. This mission is accomplished by two means: (i) investigating frauds and alerting people against them, and (ii) TEACHING people with wrong perceptions about the truths of unarmed combat.

JFS has admitted he needs grappling experience, and he has decided to seek it out. We can ask no more of him.

If you want to crucify peope for the wrong ideas they once HAD about martial arts, this site will not work to further its mission, AND you might as well start with me, because I came here a wing chuner, even though, partly thanks to this site, I am now an enthusiastic Muay Thai practitioner with exactly two years of experience. According to your logic my wing chun will never leave me, so I will always be a bullshido artist!

Listen, Anthony. This will go nowhere. If JFS has threatened you or your family, ask Phrost to ban him already, and get done with it - I have no patience with threats myself. But what you are trying to do here will not work, because the guy, for all his faults, is a fighter, he is not Ashika im or Phil Elmore.

Anyway, I know how this will go on. Anthony will insist JFS is a bullshido artist, JFS will not admit he sucks at grappling just to be an asshole (even though he did in other threads), and this will last at least 10 pages. Argh.
    OMG WCL. You put some thought in this.

1. Being bullshido, is like black or white. There is not I'm a little bullshido. I made the earlier comment, no one is "A little pregnant". In this context with the proof I have shown, he is Bullshido.

2.. Bro, I can say I'm gonna travel the world and get to know Tibet better, because my knowledge of that part of the world is lacking. Anyone can say anything, doing it is another matter. No, going to Throwdowns to crapple with other crapplers is not learning to crapple.
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast