Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:42pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

John F. Springehttp://www.bulr aka JFSUSA - the case for John F Springer as bullshido

I'd like to open up an investigation and discussion on this individual.

John F. Springer aka JFS USA

Subject is known as JFSUSA on Bullshido. JFS has claimed to have been Special Forces, a Chinese Triad, a well known fighter, a crack shooter, and the list goes on.

JFS has also threatened multiple posters and Bullshido staff members for reasons as simple as disagreeing with him. This is a common trait of JFS over the years. He has been banned from multiple boards alledgely for his online threats, setting up fights, and not showing up to them.

The following is a Bullshido investigation on JFS, his charging money for instruction, that he has No experience in teaching, as he himself has stated he knows less than a BJJ white belt. Most of all, for teaching techniques that would harm, rather work.

Circa 3/25/2005, a cross post of the following was posted on a martial arts kung fu board...

From Tung-Fu.com

We are pleased to announce that John F Springer will
    be hosting a seminar in the U.K.

The subjects to be covered are:

1. Upright striking and entanglement
    2. Ground work overview. <<<<<< Please note... Ground Work aka Grappling
    3. Blade work and its overlap into empty hands.

This is not just a chinese martial art seminar but an
    introduction to principles that feed directly into
    your fighting hand independant of what your background
    maybe. The seminar will be intensive, you will learn
    a lot, feel free to bring a video camera for your own
    personal reference. It will be conducted according to
    Sifu Springers mantra of 'perfect practice'.

There will be an element of training with live blades,
    attendes can bring their own blades, along with duct
    tape to make the blades training safe.

Attendees are welcome to bring their significant other
    to the seminar:

"It is of benefit for males to work with females as it
    compels them to move with finesse - good technique as
    opposed to testosterone fueled muscle.

It is good for females to work with males as it gives
    them the proper feedback with regard to encountering
    an aggressor having greater size - strength. It's a
    "win - win" situation" - John Springer.

The dates are as follows:
    April 23 / 24th

Sat April 23th.
    Doors open at 13:00 , seminar is 14:00 -> 17:30

Sun April 24th.
    Doors open at 9:30, seminar is 10:00 -> 16:00

Bradford
    BD1 2QT
    www.streetmap.co.uk/stree...02&A=Y&Z=1

Lodging.
    There is a Travelodge located near by. Prices start at
    £26 per room.

www.travelodge.co.uk/trav...tel_id=117
    www.cheaphotelbookings.com

Travel:

Car parking:
    www.ncp.co.uk/ (NCP car park post code is BD1
    5SD)
    www.bradford.gov.uk/graph...centre.pdf

Cost:

The cost will be a flat cost of £20 per person for
    each or both days.[B/] <<<<<< Please note he charged for this instruction.

In order for us to get an idea of names and numbers could you please email your interest to :

seminar@hotmail.co.uk

If there is anyone living in or close to london, just let us know and if there is a large genuine interest we can see about arranging transport.

-----

I am, by now means an expert in Mantis style Kung Fu, nor would I even contemplate learning it. However, I have a few years of grappling under my belt, in BJJ and Judo, enough to know when something looks fishy. Thankfully, we have on Bullshido an almost unlimited supply of BJJ fighters who can also chime in at any time to bolster my descrptions of JFS's crappling

JFS starts his grappling co-ed, which is great, and very friendly. I have no idea what they were doing, but they look quite happy. Maybe a JFS KungFu stretching drill?

Let's start with takedowns. If I stand this way, you can't take me down with your crappy ass double leg rife for a guilliotine. Very like Djimbe in this way.

Look, another way of doing a crappy double leg. Quick question, if you have a dbl leg done improperly to you while learning how to defend against it, does it negate you learning anything at all?

Hey, everyone knows that you can stop a double leg by merely pushing on the shooters shoulders!!! Sheeeeiiittt!

I cannot make this **** up. I present the case for JFS teaching BULLSHIDO... The deadly elbow in the back to stop the double leg takedown!!!

But, we're not done! We still have actually ground grappling to learn! Not.

JFS teaching his students, who paid good money for instuction, HOW TO MOUNT. Please someone shoot me already, this is too easy.

This is how JFS teaches his students. who paid money for instruction, on how to defend a mount. Put your hands in front of you and make a wall. Don't worry if you are a 120lbs woman, you can hold that 180lbs man off of you with your arms. Don't forget to protect yourself against his knees riding up! <<< That was from me, not JFS. I know, monday quaterbacking.

Oh yeah, that skinny guys is gonna hold that fat **** off of him with that arm wall JFS! Way to teach how not to fight on the ground buddy! ****, he's almost as big as I am, that ain't fair! There's a pic of the skinny guy in pain, so I'm guessing fatboy hurt him and that arm defense didn't work.

This is how you put your hands down, so you have the least amount of base. Trust me, if you want to get upa'd off, keep your hands this way. M'kay?

Last, but not least. THE ULTIMATE MOUNT!!!

Fellow members, we had a BULLSHIDO Instructor among us. I hope you find this Investigation as informative as I did. The loud mouth JFS was loud, because he was hiding a secret.

EDIT: the case for John F Springer as bullshido

Bullshido Investigation done... JFS USA aka John F. Springer - Guilty of teaching Bullshido.

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, etc. etc...
    Last edited by Pandinha; 2/03/2006 12:20pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:45pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:56pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just want to point out in those photos you don't see JFS performing a takedown, rather you see a bunch of people who are obviously new to grappling attempting takedowns.

Yes there is a photo of an elbow as a counter. No denying that, but since I dont think any of us were actually there, who knows the actual contents of what were taught.

Further, as noted in the above section it is a groundwork overview. To me thats' just that an overview. I don't think anyone thinks they can walk away from a single day seminar and know it all, nor be even reasonably competient afterwards.

If you want to make a stronger argument about JFS's ground skills wouldnt stills from throwdown videos be more effective rather than showing pictures of attendee's at a seminar?

JFS needs no defending from me, in fact I have never met the guy.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:57pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no Dana only Zool! :suicide:

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hl1978
    i just want to point out in those photos you don't see JFS performing a takedown, rather you see a bunch of people who are obviously new to grappling attempting takedowns.

Yes there is a photo of an elbow as a counter. No denying that, but since I dont think any of us were actually there, who knows the actual contents of what were taught.

Further, as noted in the above section it is a groundwork overview. To me thats' just that an overview. I don't think anyone thinks they can walk away from a single day seminar and know it all, nor be even reasonably competient afterwards.

If you want to make a stronger argument about JFS's ground skills wouldnt stills from throwdown videos be more effective rather than showing pictures of attendee's at a seminar?

JFS needs no defending from me, in fact I have never met the guy.
    Thank you for your comment.

The stills from the last throwdown he was involved with bolster my case.

This man, after seeing those TD pics, has no right teaching others anything to do with Grappling.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    There is no Dana only Zool! :suicide:

I liked your Ouch comment better.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    This man, after seeing those TD pics, has no right teaching others anything to do with Grappling.

A lot of bullshido instructors do this. I teach standup. I and my students need to learn the ground too. Instead of going to a few seminars and renting the complete line of UFC. I just pay a pro-fighter and coach to teach at my school on friday nights. Why is it so hard for McSensei's to put thier pride aside and admitt that mabey they don't know everything?

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:03pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I read co-ed grappling, got distracted by thoughts of nakid co-ed grappling with wife, but i'm back now, and that was an interesting read. The whole arm wall thing really makes me sick to my stomach. Its like teaching strikers to always block with their chin.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I liked your Ouch comment better.

I only hit this site about 3 times a week. What did JFS do to start the inquisition? I know he can be an ass, did he become exeptionaly assy?

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the guy has been to at least one throwdown, and the other bullshidokas who were present were very impressed with his skills, grappler or no grappler.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats
Page 1 of 102 1 23451151101 ... LastLast