Sponsored Links Spacer Image

**** you math class

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maeda Keiji and Honda Tadakatsu seem to be able to tear through enemies more quickly than Lu Bu, but it may just be the increased number of soldiers in Samurai Warriors. They definitely have better musous, though.

Anyone want to contribute their thoughts on this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 11:23am

Style: TaiChiPrayingMantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    are you kidding or is that the truth? im not being sarcastic i just want to know.
    Apparently, I'm wrong. Though that was what I thought.

From other sources:

"According to Three Kingdoms: A Historical Novel -- Qin Zhengsheng traced Guan Yu's red face to the following Song Dynasty legend. After killing a corrupt magistrate and releasing his victims, Guan Yu took refuge in a Taoist temple. A sorceress had him wash his face in a spring. The water turned his face red, and as a result he could not be identified as the man they were looking for."

However, the red face in Chinese opera is used to denote bravery and loyalty, as noted by others.

Therefore, I'd say its origin is unclear, but I'm leaning towards the opera explanation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 12:10pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    HwangJangLee I'm not talking about the stupidass video game I'm asking about LU Bu the person. Why is this in your martial arts sucks? This is about a historical portrayal of a martial arts master.
    I'd say you're lucky it's not in Trollshido (or Stop Karate Kidding Yourself, or whatever it's called this week). I think it's here because the least shitty part of this thread is the argument between Camus and "What's-his-face?" regarding BJJ being gay and presumably aikido being useless (that's what I infer anyway).

So, in conclusion, stop starting crappy threads and get some other message board to help you with your term paper. Maybe MAP or e-budo is into Chinese historical fiction. We certainly know pax baculum is into fiction.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this should go into trollshido or at least general bs, this is in the wrong forum

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this thread from a western perspective is basically thus: "Hay guys was Achilles really invincible (except for his pinky toe lol) cuz I read it in Iliad and that's an old story based partially on historical events so it must be true am I rite?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:17pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    So this thread from a western perspective is basically thus: "Hay guys was Achilles really invincible (except for his pinky toe lol) cuz I read it in Iliad and that's an old story based partially on historical events so it must be true am I rite?"
    I guess Achilles could be compared to Lu Bu. Achilles had his heel. Lu Bu had his libido.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diao Chan is Lu Bu's Achilles hill. I never thought of that.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Life was so nice before HwangJangLee started posting again...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:47pm

Style: Judo, Iaido and jodo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I remember correctly there is evidence for Lubu existing, but Diao Chan was just a fictional character to make the story more interesting... maybe the achille comparison is quite good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 6:48pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ROTK is like the bible

ROTK is like the bible. Even if any of its true, its so blown out of proportion that no one can believe it. In chapter 5 or 6 in ROTK, it talks about a storm from the sky carrying horsemen and warriors that came down and destroyed the enemy army because the Gods willed them to lose. It could be analogy for the stronger army destroying the weaker one easily, but the event described couldn't have happened ( unless the God's did send down an army of cloud warriors to destroy the unworthy uprising.)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast