Sponsored Links Spacer Image

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 6:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HwangJangLee I'm not talking about the stupidass video game I'm asking about LU Bu the person. Why is this in your martial arts sucks? This is about a historical portrayal of a martial arts master.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Sorta like aikido?

Aikido is the weak mans imitation of BJJ ...

Get your metaphors right .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 6:31pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nezha
    lu bu wasnt that tough. he got killed off really quick.

but yeah. holding up in a three on one with long pokey weapons (actually, i think liu bei used two longswords?) dloes sound like a bit of a stretch

Had his alliance with Dong Zhao not been disrupted by his desire for Diao Chan, Lu Bu would have lasted a lot longer and made a greater impact. Nevertheless, according to San Guo, Lu Bu showing up to a battle meant.... he won. It is hard to say how things would have been.

Oh and Lu Bu was traditionally known to wield a halberd in battle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_liar
    Guan Yu's face is red from blood.
    I think the red face is a characterization of Chinese Opera. He was always portrayed as a brash, hot-headed general (even though most scholars say he was quite intelligent). Thus, wearing a red mask or face paint in performances helped that quality translate well for the viewers.

EDIT: Self-Pwnage on my part. I thought you meant Zhang Fei. My Opera Masks (gift from the wifey) portray Zhang Fei with the red face.

P.S.EDIT: "Guan Yu is traditionally portrayed as a red-faced warrior with a long lush beard. While his beard was indeed mentioned in the Chronicles of the Three Kingdoms, the idea of his red face was probably borrowed from opera representation, where red faces depict loyalty and righteousness. Also according to folklore, Guan Yu's weapon was a guandao, which resembles a halberd and was said to weigh 82 jin (41 kilograms using today's standards)."

http://www.a3guo.com/renwu/shu/Guan%20Yu.htm
    Last edited by losttrak; 2/02/2006 6:37pm at .

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 8:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    HwangJangLee I'm not talking about the stupidass video game I'm asking about LU Bu the person. Why is this in your martial arts sucks? This is about a historical portrayal of a martial arts master.
    hey fucktard, guan yu is real, why do you think my friend would have a mumorial for him, most of the stuff about the Three Kingdoms is real, i was just showing our conversation, so you stfu. This is a retarded thread, becuase they are "Historical Characters" and lu bu was a great fighter, but a dumbass, k there you go i summed it up for you. If by demon on the battle field you mean a strong fighter than yes, he was. If you mean bonified demon than no. K, i dont know of the historical evidence. But there is a book called "Romance of the three kingdoms" it is loosly based on those events, read it, its as close as historical evidence that you will get, it is based on folk tales and documented battles. this thread is over. :headbang:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 8:52pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by losttrak
    Had his alliance with Dong Zhao not been disrupted by his desire for Diao Chan, Lu Bu would have lasted a lot longer and made a greater impact. Nevertheless, according to San Guo, Lu Bu showing up to a battle meant.... he won. It is hard to say how things would have been.

Oh and Lu Bu was traditionally known to wield a halberd in battle.
    isnt a halberd like a big axe? i thought lu bu used something more along the lines of a ji, which is this thing that looks sorta like those goofy chinese hook swords mounted on a stick, without the hook at the end? fan tian hua ji or something like that?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I wonder if anyone will seriously comment or answer this thread.

No, because the question is whether one guy hundreds of years ago killed 40 people in a battle we have no archeological records of or not.

What did you expect? Some kind of forensic analysis of nonexistant evidence?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    isnt a halberd like a big axe? i thought lu bu used something more along the lines of a ji, which is this thing that looks sorta like those goofy chinese hook swords mounted on a stick, without the hook at the end? fan tian hua ji or something like that?

In common depictions, the bladed portion of the halberd is a crescent shape. See link: http://www.chinavoc.com/kungfu/images/halberd.gif

EDIT: Interestingly enough, take away the crescent blade and you have Zhang Fei's snake staff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:39pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey! thats what i was talking about! yay!

thx

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey! thats what i was talking about! yay!

thx

At your service.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast