Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiangfei
    My knowledge of actual biology is minimal, but the pelvic bone in that area seems, to be, to feel softer than the bone in other areas. So yes, a kick there does hurt if you go upwards into the groin - a sort of toe-kick. A front kick AT it, to the front, might only hurt in a lower-abdomen sort of way. I suppose I should go and get kicked so I can report back. I recall getting kicked in school that way and I almost vomited. It's like a wave over you, not of pain... I guess somewhat similar to being kicked in the balls.

However a strike to anything in that area that happens to be particularly sensitive might stop a woman... never fought one, but if I do I shall try it out.

I far more worry about recieving a good shot to the breasts. I mean, goddam, it wouldn't drop me, but his testicles would be mine if that happened.

the boob shot really isn't all that painful imho
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 6:55pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    so to recap... no substitute for solid fighting skills, not necessarily a stopper, possbly useful for set up... so what about... slap vs hithard vs grab/twist vs grab ... i believe this is the logical descending order of preference???
    You forgot that Aikido Sucks.

"Aikido Sucks" is implied in every Bullshido thread.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 9:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    What this means is that if you're a police officer, if your suspect is closer than 21 feet of you, he will be able to close the distance and grab you (or stab you with a knife should he have one) before you can draw your gun and shoot.
    there was i class i actually did this in. we were doing some weapons stuff and it is shocking how far away a person can be to close the distance.

so if a police officer can't recognise a situation, pull a gun out of a holster and fire accurately in time to defend herself, how is a civillian supposed to pull a pistol out of her purse in time to defend herself?

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 10:02pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note:

Several of my friends were playing backyard football. Since they are all manly men, they were playing tackle. My friend Jon (about 6.3 270 pounds) was running full tilt when another friend ran straight into him head on. Usually people pace their steps so that they can hit with momentum, and not hit trying to bring their leg up for the next step.

Either way, this kid tried to run through Jon, and it doing so brought his knee up in a full sprint directly into Jons groin.

Jon had to be rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery to remove one of his nads after it didn't drop back down. To this day he is only half the man he was.

-------------

Next time a gangsta wants some..I guess I'll try the football defense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 8:45am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    the boob shot really isn't all that painful imho
    Aye, I wouldn't say jaw-droppingly passing-out painful, but I reckon I'd be unimpressed. It can depend just how on target it is. Still, I can't be bothered with armour - surely it just flattens them on impact anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 8:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some odd reason, i can clinch a muscle and pull my testicals out of grabbing range. They also do this naturally in cold water. Make fun of me all you like, but it just happens to be the case.

It's kind of funny though, because theres a tai chi guy who told me that his answer to grapplers is to grab the testicals. I challenged him to a match and said go right ahead, and he declined. I kinda wish he had, as it would have been interesting to see his reaction when there would be nothing grab...

"What the hell?"
    BJJ bitch: "thats right bitch, its calledENUCH FOO" (me)

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 8:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question: Can women become sterile from groinal attacks?

Edit: Actually, I heard from someone that women getting hit too much in the chest might mess with their ability to breast feed children. Don't know how true it is though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 8:32pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too many boob shots can damage the mammory gland, in the same way too many ball shots can damage the epididymis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 2:59am

Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll write to the creators of Jackass explaining how many people are interested in the effectiveness of different groin attacks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:57pm

Style: Isshin-ryu Karate-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure the groin is always a good primary target. Most guys can get pretty good at defending that area if they like fighting, or are use to being in violent situations.

However, as a secondary target, the groin can be very effective. Take their mind somewhere else, then grab, kick , slam the groin. It is amazing the difference that can make.

Also, against an armed assailant, it may be neccessary to lighten up a bit. That area can be so sensitive that a real hard strike can cause momentary numbness to set in...of course, it may hurt like hell in just a few seconds, but a few seconds is long enough to squeeze a trigger. In his case, a sharp slap may actually get better results because it tends to get their attention right away.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345