Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's just sparring or messing around, you can just drop and cry like a baby, but if it's a competion or a SD situation, you can "gut it out" and keep going. Unless you're balls go up into your body cavity, then it's in the lords hands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:47pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so to recap... no substitute for solid fighting skills, not necessarily a stopper, possbly useful for set up... so what about... slap vs hithard vs grab/twist vs grab ... i believe this is the logical descending order of preference???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 4:11pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the but shot does not seal the deal. I was kicked once so hard that I wasn't able to walk to two months, and had to crawl for 2 weeks after that. One scrote was the size of a grapefruit. Just imagine going to the doctors office in a towel. Great fun. Anyways, directly after the shot occured I had the time to critique my sparring partner and wait around for 10 minutes looking a little green before the full effect hit me. After that, I was puking every 5 minutes and almost passing out from shock while driving home. A nut shot definitely pays in full to the person who receives it... just not immediately.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 2:19pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=odacon]If it's just sparring or messing around, you can just drop and cry like a baby, but if it's a competion or a SD situation, you can "gut it out" and keep going. [QUOTE]

I had an old friend long ago who took karate in college. Their "final exam" was to go full contact with anyone in the class they wanted. One of the smaller guys chose the biggest guy in class, and bragged to his friends that he would use a "secret move" to own the giant.

My friend explained it like this: "So the smaller guy goes up to the big guy and kicks him right in the crotch to start out. The big guy leans down a little and the smaller guy backs up a step. Then the big guy gets back up, eyes all glazed, and takes a step forward. The little guy punched him in the face. Big guy takes a step forward. Little guy kicks him in the chest. Big guy steps forward. Little guy goes to throw another hit and the big guy just grabs him, lifts him up over his head like he's in the WWF, and drops him on his face, knocking him unconcious.

Then the big guy went to the locker room, sat down, and started to cry."

Anyway, I once read somewhere that a good groin shot will work around 90% of the time, and in the other 10% of the time will only make your attacker immune to about everything else. I'm not quite sure how they tested those numbers though. :toothy5:

Dagon Akujin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well his first mistake after the kick was backing up a step... so what is everyones thoughts on best/most effective type of groin strike... i vote kick/knee then slap then hit hard then grab/twist/squeeze and just grab as least preferred...

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrdR
    Also, my son asked a very good question: Is a groin kick effective on a woman?

In particular, I'd like to give my sons some effective self-defence moves.
    Sounds like some effective sex education might be in order as well...
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got a knee that missed the boys, but crunched into my pubic bone and it is almost as painful as a groin strike or a really good kick to the shin... so i guess it would be effective against a female if you struck with a knee or hard kick...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i find more interesting is that she was the one who had a gun and it was used against her. i'm no expert on guns but it looks like it might be difficult to shoot someone after they have attacked you. you'd have to know some time beforehand that you were going to be attacked.

makes it seem questionable to have a gun for self defense.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 12:51pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    what i find more interesting is that she was the one who had a gun and it was used against her. i'm no expert on guns but it looks like it might be difficult to shoot someone after they have attacked you. you'd have to know some time beforehand that you were going to be attacked.

makes it seem questionable to have a gun for self defense.

It depends on the situation- as was explained, the cop wasnt fully aware of the situation at hand, and I dont believe a cop can just go about flailing their gun around.

Being shot with your own firearm is a fear I've heard many law enforcement express (which is why I think a Kimura should be their favorite technique). Anyways, Im told there was a study done to determine the minumum effective range of a firearm and the result was 21 feet. What this means is that if you're a police officer, if your suspect is closer than 21 feet of you, he will be able to close the distance and grab you (or stab you with a knife should he have one) before you can draw your gun and shoot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 6:49pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Sounds like some effective sex education might be in order as well...
    My knowledge of actual biology is minimal, but the pelvic bone in that area seems, to be, to feel softer than the bone in other areas. So yes, a kick there does hurt if you go upwards into the groin - a sort of toe-kick. A front kick AT it, to the front, might only hurt in a lower-abdomen sort of way. I suppose I should go and get kicked so I can report back. I recall getting kicked in school that way and I almost vomited. It's like a wave over you, not of pain... I guess somewhat similar to being kicked in the balls.

However a strike to anything in that area that happens to be particularly sensitive might stop a woman... never fought one, but if I do I shall try it out.

I far more worry about recieving a good shot to the breasts. I mean, goddam, it wouldn't drop me, but his testicles would be mine if that happened.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast