Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 8:39am

Style: Tang Soo Do, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, a hit to the nuts hurts but only in Hollywood will it totally drop an opponent of any size.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 8:43am

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those were groin attacks without intent. I get kneed in the groin accidentally (or maybe not) by fellas trying to pass guard all the time but that is a different kind of pain from say if someone say squeezing them like toothpaste.

I fully agree with ICY that it is no substitute to knowing how to fight and wrestle. It is also not an opening that presents itself often. But given an opening in a streetfight especially against a substantially larger opponent with a solid chin, would you not prefer it over a shot to the head?

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    attacking the groin is completely logical and should not be overlooked as a generally effective target area. BUT, it is not the 'magic button' fight winner many MAists believe and certainly if you are going to hit it, do so hard. Also, since it is virtually impossible to train for with resistance, it is at best an opportunistic thing and not a high % technique -unlilke things like punching the face.

A nice anecdote:
    Two guys on a military exercise. The first is trying to take the second 'prisioner' -both are unarmed. Whilst rolling around on the ground, the first manages to get the second in a "goose neck" wrist lock in the hope of getting the second to comply. Instead the second retaliates by grabbing the first's nuts, tightly. Neither will let go "you let go first""no, I don't trust you" etc. So when the adrenaline is up, neither groin grabs nor twisty wristies are particularly reliable pain-compliance techniques.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:19am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.sasquatch
    Sure, a hit to the nuts hurts but only in Hollywood will it totally drop an opponent of any size.
    Unless its a comedy, then the guy will be immune.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    I don't think they're totally useless, but they're no substitute for actually knowing how to fight.
    So why isn't this thread over now?

:pancakebu
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we need roughly 15 more people to post something like

"well they really hurt but thay wont end my fight lol!"
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:48am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    I think we need roughly 15 more people to post something like

"well they really hurt but thay wont end my fight lol!"

I took a full force kick in the nuts while sparing without a cup. It didn't drop me right away, but it did make me sit down for a few minutes. Of course the real pain didn't start up for a few days. So I think that I would definatly finish beating the **** out of anyone who kicks me in the nuts before I go down.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 9:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    In reference to your article, you could also argue that the assailants were simply trying to rob the girl and decided to bail when the girl fought back- it also doesnt specify that the groin attack disabled her attacker, since she followed it up with a good shot to the face.
    Well, maybe groin shots serve as a set up technique, to make the opponent lower the guard.

A personal experience: the most apinful groin shot Ive received.

I was playing soccer at highschool (Always sucked at it, shame on me, being spanish and all!), the goalkeeper threw the ball at me, while I was running backwars tho the opposite side goal. I didnt calculated well the distance, and, instead of stopping tha ball with my chest, it hit me in the nuts. The ball described a parabola and hit me, making mt balls move backwards, like a pendule (I was wearing loose pants and boxers at the time). Ive never felt such pain down there.

I guess this kinda hits, the ones that "slap" the stuff, are more painful than direct hits.

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 11:35am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I fight or spar, I get very pumped up on adrenaline. I have been hit in the nuts several times, and it just pisses me off more. I am more likely to really go for blood rather than subtley beat them into submission.

But I may be a special case, as I've fought through broken hands, broken ribs, etc.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Groin attack = not a fight stopper.

I know we are all sick of those people who think that an eye gouge or a groin pinch is going to stop a grappler, etc. The reality (I have given some evidence of this in the past) is that the rhetoric taught by your master's master's master is not always a sure thing.

I have been poked in the eye and kicked in the nuts in a fight. Adreneline is a powerfull thing and keeps you in the fight.

That being said....one time I told my girl to throw me my wallet. She was across the room and hit me JUST RIGHT in the nuts. I went down like a bitch.

The point being, the angle of attack has to be just perfect and adreneline cannot be a factor.

If you are a cop and you get tackled to the ground....its gonna behoove you to know how to grapple - and not rely on your BS martial arts groin pinch. Or at the very least have some sort of firearm retention training. Had he shot this woman in the face she might not have much to say about the matter. And I certainly hope she recognized the folly of her actions. Grabbing his groin while he is grabbing your gun? Hmmmm. No.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast