Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 7:30am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is fun , like do it , don't like don't .It is a game ,play , :karated: dance
    Last edited by rexkwon; 2/03/2006 7:57am at .

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 8:13am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    Cool, yeah, now I got all that other stuff off my chest It's good to shoot the **** on technique. plus like I said I could be wrong so i'll stick to stuff I know about first hand.

Closest I can do to describe it is this pic of the first part of Xiaoyus Phoenix Talon, I'm still trying to prove to myself if the next bit she does is humanly possible, which is the reason for having it screen capped. Ignore the first kick she makes with the right leg, you wouldn't do that it's the second leg that strikes.

To start it you'd drop into a negativa away from the opponent come back forward switching negativa and LAUNCH IT "Take that FUCKER! Yeah who's laughing at my breakdancing now? Could it be the this **** holding his face crying?" in fantasy land but in reality "Ow **** that really hurt last time I try that on a heavy bag, stop laughing everyone i think i kicked the chain"
    There's a throwdown vid of Asia using something like this to take people down, actually.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 8:51am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rexkwon it's not a matter of like do, dislike don't, Coyote is arguing that there is martial value in the movements.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    There's a throwdown vid of Asia using something like this to take people down, actually.
    Then may I request Lord Asia's presence on this thread? I wish to know more.

While we wait here's another evasive dodge counter, in the last move bringing the straight leg up as though you were going to go into a forward walkover is less noticeable and faster than kicking backwards chamber then throw style.
    Last edited by Chance; 2/03/2006 8:54am at .

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 8:59am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Coyote, and like I said on earlier posts if any of what I said is wrong I stand corrected but I don't think anyone knows for sure. It's just I'd never seen what I had been told discussed and it makes sense to me for the reason for the characteristic 'go with the force' movements of Capoeira. Most discussions on Capoeira, people say it was disguised into a dance, which is questionable when some of the only records available show that all aspects of the slaves culture including dances was suppressed at some time or another.

Some people said they had seen active blocking in Capoeira demonstrations, so have I and I wasn't impressed by the safety of having both players spin kicking the same direction so that any collision would slide off and then suddenly one player going Contra with a spin crescent type kick. I suspect if they trained their techniques on pads they would have a better appreciation of the force they are generating and what would happen if they tagged the other player.

Capoeira evolved slightly when Regional came into existance and I understand Mestre Bimba tried to convince all the other Mestres by saying that the reason for the change was that he didn't want other styles to be able to say they had beat Capoeiristas. The Mestres who didn't decide to go with him stayed with the style of Capoeira we refere to as Angola. Capoeira is interesting to me as a cultural expression, and what happens when different cultures meet. Some research suggests that some of the kicking movements might originate from the Native Brazilian Indians. I don't think you can stand in the way of 'cultural expressions' evolving when another culture embraces them. Puerto Ricans are credited with introducing the spinning motions on the floor to breakdance, the windmill which most people think of when someone mentions breaking was created/discovered by Crazy Legs.

I'm not sold on the evasive manoevres and counters having practical applications, but i have heard several stories where people going from Ginga to a barrage of Armadas, Mei Luas and airborne moves while contantly turning to show that they can could see everyone around them and couldn't be blindsided has had a high enough intimidation factor that they didn't have to fight a group of people they would have lost against.

FYI the character Jo in the Playstation game Ehrgeiz uses Capoeira and the opening movie has a cool few seconds fight on a train with a nice flow of Capoeira Movements.

(That anim gif of the Taekwondo guy dancing, I'm sure the source is an MC Hammer video.)

(As a rule I don't think women are impressed by Capoeira or Breakdance skills especially not in a club, they want you to dance with them, make them look good but at the same time want you to dance well enough that other women will be jealous that they are dancing with you)
    That's the best thing about Bullshido, man. You can take what you think will work and leave what doesn't.
    How about this, you already mentioned that you trained at a Muay Thai Training Hall right? Since you obviously have practiced enough to get good with the Capoeira moves, you could ask somebody you know to try out a few moves. Hey, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
    All I know is that I have seen well trained Capoeiristas practicing these moves at full speed, with a tremendous amount of force, and it seems to work well enough for them.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rexkwon it's not a matter of like do, dislike don't, Coyote is arguing that there is martial value in the movements.

While we wait here's another evasive dodge counter, in the last move bringing the straight leg up as though you were going to go into a forward walkover is less noticeable and faster than kicking backwards chamber then throw style.
    If that isn't fast enough, you could perform the escape/counter where you simply bend your knees and drop back onto your hands while bringing one of your legs up into a straight kick aimed at the groin or face depending on your reach.
    I prefer the groin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:07am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hang on I fail at the internet. I didn't add the attachment right to my last post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thepain.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	5099  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The line the true strenght of Capoeira , I say it true strength is it is fun , therefore people will do it , and therefore be more fit, being fit they can run or fight better then the unfit person who got bored drop out of boxing in 2 week, Sabe
    Last edited by rexkwon; 2/03/2006 9:43am at .

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hang on I fail at the internet. I didn't add the attachment right to my last post.
    That looks about right.

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkwon
    The line the true strenght of Capoeira , I say it true stength is it is fun , therefore people will do it , and therefore be more fit, being fit they can run or fight better then "unfit" got bored drop out of boxing in 2 week, Sabe
    I understand all but the last 25% of what you said, but what I do understand is also correct. Perhaps I should have renamed this forum something a little less misleading. Everybodies perception of any art is bound to differ, and you could have ten different people walk away from the class with different lessons, each stronger in their own way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2006 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ed for better understanding
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast