Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 10:39pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sir are a god of parody. This was hilarious the whole way through. Everything from the word choice to the stance in the photos was pure Phil Elmore style masturbatory paranoia speak. I think you really need to let this one build up into a regular discussion topic and/or regularly accepted truth before exposing just how tragically stupid good 'ol Phil is.

Once again, brilliantly done kickcatcher, you get a gold star AND a smiley face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 10:42pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost.....give this guy a cookie...or a bullshido t-shirt.

That article was pure magic! Imagine Phil's face when he sees this thread and realizes he's been had. Maybe someone should post the link on the martialist.

pwnd.

:chewy:

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Words cannot explain the awesomeness of this...

What a fucking tool that guy is.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:21pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well-done Kickcatcher! Like already stated, how could Phil not notice that this was a parody? I mean who is going to walk around with four books strapped to their body like seen in the picture.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Olorin; 2/01/2006 11:39pm at .

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:27pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahaha...

My favorite is the fact that most of the vital areas of the body are uncovered. What if the felon goes for your eyes? Or your throat? WHERE IS YOUR ANNE RICE NOW?
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:28pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not much more to say than has already been said. Kudos to the amazing job, only you should've taken at least one picture with the trademark Phil Elmore eyebrow. He might've asked you to write for his newsletter every issue, thinking he had found a protege. Maybe even be interested in a date...

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Starts page 13: http://www.philelmore.com/subscriber...Mega_Issue.pdf
    I can quote it in full as I wrote it, so I will:
    Actually, you can't. As I understand it, copyright generally goes to the publisher, not the author.

You might instead quote pieces, then comment on how it should have been an obvious parody (criticism tends to be covered by fair use).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:41pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    Ahaha...

My favorite is the fact that most of the vital areas of the body are uncovered. What if the felon goes for your eyes? Or your throat? WHERE IS YOUR ANNE RICE NOW?

That's covered in the follow up article.

Duh.

You can't cram that much pure gold into just one issue...even if it is a mega issue.

For your throat you put books into your scarf obviously....or your bandana in the summer....yes I know this means you have to wear it around your neck like a mexican bandit and not your head reducing the tough guy image...but it's better than a knife in the throat right?

For your eyes you cut the bottom off of two small pepsi bottles and use string to tie them over your eyes. You may think that this would have a negative effect on your vision. However, the angle of the plastic will actually ENHANCE your peripheral vision meaning that it is even HARDER for the attacker to sneak up on you. Not only that, but because the plastic is clear no one will notice meaning that you can still mack on the babes! And that book body armour under your jacket will make you look extra buff. BOOYAKASHA!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:45pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're my hero, Kickcatcher

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:48pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    That's covered in the follow up article.

Duh.

You can't cram that much pure gold into just one issue...even if it is a mega issue.

For your throat you put books into your scarf obviously....or your bandana in the summer....yes I know this means you have to wear it around your neck like a mexican bandit and not your head reducing the tough guy image...but it's better than a knife in the throat right?

For your eyes you cut the bottom off of two small pepsi bottles and use string to tie them over your eyes. You may think that this would have a negative effect on your vision. However, the angle of the plastic will actually ENHANCE your peripheral vision meaning that it is even HARDER for the attacker to sneak up on you. Not only that, but because the plastic is clear no one will notice meaning that you can still mack on the babes! And that book body armour under your jacket will make you look extra buff. BOOYAKASHA!!
    The part where he attacks Dave Lowry is my favorite. That's like going up to the Pope and saying "you don't know jack about Roman Catholicism!" His arguments against his "anti-Western" snobbery are ridiculous. What Lowry is talking about are the Ashida Kim's and Bryce Dallas's of the world who pervert Japanese martial arts and Japanese culture to market it to dumb Western children cornfed on anime and chop socky. Coming as I do from a JMA background I find it offensive too. It's not "anti-Western snobbery"... it's respect for the traditions which he studies. He's not making any normative or otherwise value-laden claims about the superiority of JMA over anything else... he's just saying it's often sad and funny (and sadly funny) when Westerners piggyback on something they haven't paid for, literally and figuratively, by trying to understand the martial culture of a foreign land.

Of coures, a minimum the e-budoka who took on Phil's article on e-budo didn't make that any better with their own Orientophilism, but Lowry should be exonerated from such claims.
    --
    L.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast