I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 12:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    How does a magazine publisher "own" someone when they've duped him into publishing a ridiculous and over-the-top worded article that's completely in-credible?
    RBSD types are retards, should we really be amazed?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher

The only other mail was Phil's post expose come-back posted above.
    God, talk about messing with someones psyche. :toothy10:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:04am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    A question.

Wouldn´t the books, like, fall out of place if the happy owner of said vest actually walked around like a normal human being?

I mean, those books are only held by elastic cords, right? I imagine that after 5 minutes walking around some of them would be around the owner´s ankles.
    Not if you're shaped like a certain somebody ->

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    Kickcathcher:

LOL! The Mein Kampf!
    Don't laugh, phil's probably got a copy of it on his bookshelf.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll bet if you wrapped your body with 5000 rolls of electrical tape you'd be impervious to knife attacks too; that's not the point.

The point is: it's fucking stupid.
    Just stab the guy in the face. So much for the body armor. :icon_cool

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I hope Phil doesn't put together a vest that actually does stop knife attacks.

Then the Pwnage would really suck.
    You folks aren't creative, let's call it the "Anti-kali" vest. :thumbsup:

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    We’ve sought third party expert opinion on whether the material and layout of the vest would be effective.

In the mean time, my own thoughts having worn the silly thing:

1) In optimum conditions a hardback book could offer a degree of protection, particularly against slashes.
    2) The layout of the vest provides only limited coverage. Coverage of real stab vests varies (as does protection) but is generally much more, particularly higher around the chest area.
    3) I’m “scrawny” as Phil describes me. Someone closer to Phil’s size would have large portions of midsection unprotected.
    4) The edges of the hardback books plus the spine and join between the paperback (flanks) and hardback books are weak points, either through deflection into unprotected areas or in the case of the spine poor protection full stop.
    Hmmmm, and how does the armor help when I stab a martiailst in the groin? :stop: A rhetorical question.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the main points that's being missed here, and is implied by the article, is:

WHY THE **** WOULD ANYONE PUBLISH AN ARTICLE ABOUT USING BOOKS TO FEND OFF KNIFE ATTACKS? Seriously, what fucking world do these people who think like this live in? Would any rational, well-adjusted person actually wear one of these things if they were concerned about being stabbed?
    Probably somebody that believes the movies they see. You know, the movie character that gets stabbed or shot and after the fight he pulls out some sort of household item that blocked the knife or bullet. This is the sort of fantasy land I believe phil exists in.

And the fact that it was written in a tone that suggests a deep paranoia and fear of the outside world, along with hyper-defensive hostility is just the icing on the bullshit cake.
    How can this be when he challenges folks to debate him online...........oh yah, he doesn't.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    The funny thing is Phil running around so paranoid about every little thing, trying to cover every possible wacky scenario. Being on edge constantly. With all that fat and all that stress he should fear heart disease alot more than the homeless, minorities, etc.
    Shhh, some of us don't want him to live to see a ripe old age. Sooner he's gone, the better. If somethings going to get phil, it may as well be his lack of diet and exercise that kills him.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 6:23am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But if a book that thinks spinning back kicks to the chin is a valid technique in a knife fight recommends it..