Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:05pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDrozen
    Blah blah blah. Three Karate Sandan arrived and wanted to participate. Blah Blah.

Blah blah blah

They were never seen again.
    So was it Aikido or Karate that they learned invisibility from? I thought the ninjas had that **** locked down.

I'm so confused with the moral of this story.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:06pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Aikido Working is like ghost stories. Everybody knows hears about them but noone sees them. :icon_blac
    Sooo stealing that...

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDrozen
    Talking about people who don't believe that Aikido "Works", I was reminded about a situation that happened in the dojo.
    Josip, a cab driver (and Aikido instructor) was teaching the class. Three Karate Sandan arrived and wanted to participate. They had just joined the dojo.

Josip was teaching Kotegaeshi, and wanted someone to attack him nice and fast (for some reason or other!). So, seeing as how there were some Karate people on the mat, he chose one of the Sandans! This guy was big, I mean really big... I mean you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to... Oh, sorry, wrong book!

Anyway, Josip said that these words suddenly went through his mind "Christ! Why did I pick him?!". This man had tree trunks for wrists! Anyway, the sandan attacked at lightening speed. Josip turned Tenkan, barely touched the Karateka's wrist, and, *whoosh*... no more karateka! Unfortunately, the Karate Sandan hadn't learned much ukemi and so was a little "confused" upon landing. Eric was as pleased as punch (eek! sorry!), and the other Karateka thought it was great!!

They were never seen again.
    Why do I have a feeling I've seen this story before? I could almost swear I've read it in an akido book, or maybe it was just another message board? First of all sandan seems too high of a rank to me to have 3 people of such caliber to just decide to "join" aikido school at ones, but thats ok. Tell me please why would they never show up in the dojo after being shown a great working technique, I would imagine that they would have been happy to bring their whole federation to start practicing such an awesome art. I have done a little bit of aikido, actually a couple of years more than I should have, and although I have seen and have applied myself aikido techniques against resisting opponents ( street fights) and have practised with several aikido shihans and different parts of the world, I can honestly say that over 90 % of my time in class was wasted. I really like some of the techniques and have no doubts about their effectiveness but my god, people in aikido schools are really different. I don't have the exact word, let me just tell you that in one of the dojos I went half of the studets had quit the school because their instructor had decided to remove O'Sensei's picture from the wall and there was no shomen to bow. Please don't be cocky, practise hard and try different styles and schools. I don't know about sandans you are talking about, but at my karate school forget punches and sandans, even some kyu ranks can kick roundhouses to my face without me seeing them coming. Please take some time and visit a boxing or muay thai gym and a wresling school like judo, bjj or any other style you wish, most of schools offer free introductory class, and I'll tell you your view on aikido as practiced in most of the dojos today will change real soon.
    Last edited by lupi; 1/30/2006 3:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido Working is like ghost stories. Everybody knows hears about them but noone sees them. :icon_blac
    Well if you actually walked the way you talked then your statement might make sense "My Lord" as it is... I get a kick out of hanging out here and atagonizing all you pussies who don't believe Aikido works as if you actually had some experiance in what you were talking about... we might have us a healthy debate...Instead I look forward to more "where's the video" Internet Badass Threats and look forward to LMMFAO as you "Killers" banter your clueless Bullshit. So lets begin shall we... I have got ALLLLL DAY LOL

No more Free Passes for you "My Lord" or the rest of you bozos who waste time talking out of your collective asses.

This BS Bushido crap you folks spew and the threats and the put downs are entertaining to us Real Deals as we ALL KNOW this site is the running joke of the Martial Arts world...Once in a great while some productive stuff is done here but then again you have phoney bad asses like "My Lord" here who keep the idiot factor high...

Shot Out...ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah reality "My Lord"... aint it a BITCH sometimes. :bootyshak

William Hazen

Note to Self: Chack back in a few days and have assistant sort through 80 pages of Internet Ninja Kommando BS Threats and negative banter....
    Last edited by Aikibu; 1/30/2006 4:09pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikibu
    Well if you actually walked the way you talked then your statement might make sense "My Lord" as it is... I get a kick out of hanging out here and atagonizing all you pussies who don't believe Aikido works as if you actually had some experiance in what you were talking about... we might have us a healthy debate...Instead I look forward to more "where's the video" Internet Badass Threats and look forward to LMMFAO as you "Killers" banter your clueless Bullshit. So lets begin shall we... I have got ALLLLL DAY LOL

No more Free Passes for you "My Lord" or the rest of you bozos who waste time talking out of your collective asses.

This BS Bushido crap you folks spew and the threats and the put downs are entertaining to us Real Deals as we ALL KNOW this site is the running joke of the Martial Arts world...Once in a great while some productive stuff is done here but then again you have phoney bad asses like "My Lord" here who keep the idiot factor high...

Shot Out...ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah reality "My Lord"... aint it a BITCH sometimes. :bootyshak

William Hazen

Note to Self: Chack back in a few days and have assistant sort through 80 pages of Internet Ninja Kommando BS....

uhh... Lord Asia is a black belt in Aikido and is an MMA fighter
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:12pm

Style: ASU Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Easy everyone, I think we have had enough flame threads on Aikido. No need to call people who dont care for aikido lame asses and clueless. Trying to defend aikido as a martial art is pointless, especially on this forum. Many people who criticise the art HAVE had experience with aikido, and they think it sucks, or is not a fighting art, so they have a right to hold that opinion.

By the way I believe Asia does have aikido experience, so give him a break.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    uhh... Lord Asia is a black belt in Aikido and is an MMA fighter
    Well by Golly what a coincidence! So am I! Except I actually walk the walk and show respect to all those who act like Martial Artists. Humble, Mindful, and eager to make the world a better place through thier art.

William Hazen

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:15pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is job for MythBusters, let's start submitting this myth to MythBusters non-stop till they test it out.

"...Tonight on Mythbusters...Aikido does it work???..."

I bet answer would be plausible instead of confirmed or busted....hell maybe MythBuster team will try contacting Segal.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny, testimonials seem to be the only evidence that aikido works. Why don't they does these "barely touching people" throws in competition?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 4:17pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikibu
    Humble, Mindful, and eager to make the world a better place through thier art.
    El oh el.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast