Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Yet we see an aikido master totally throw a professional muay thai figher like a rag doll.
    Where is this? I don't recall seeing it in this thread...
    Last edited by Neildo; 1/31/2006 12:39am at .
    :new_all_c

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...first time I ever saw this clip.

Well...my conclusion has to be that, although it's probably still debatable to some hardcore TKD loyalists on this site as to whether or not Taekwondo is useless or not, it's absolutely obvious by this clip that the TKD fighter is a complete idiot who doesn't know how to fight.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:41am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The TKD fighter was Serkan Yilmaz. The other guy was a Japanese boxer. Serkan beat Muay Thai fighters too but under K-1 rules. I'm still sure he can hold his own in Muay Thai rules also. But yeah fighters like him give TKD a good name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S. I'm talking about the other clip I posted.

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    ...although it's probably still debatable to some hardcore TKD loyalists on this site as to whether or not Taekwondo is useless or not....

In TKD's defence, I agree that guy (in the first clip) sucked.
    Last edited by Neildo; 1/31/2006 12:44am at .
    :new_all_c

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh...I was talking about the very first clip, BTW...
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    In TKD's defence, that guy (in the first clip) sucked.
    Exactly.. He wasn't good. That was one TKD fighter of out many. This still doesnt proove that TKD "sucks". Sure the fighter himself sucked but what if their was a skilled TKD fighter in there? Anything could have happened. Here is proof that a skilled TKD fighter can kick ass.. read this, it's not long. I'm sure most of you have already read it, but oh well. http://www.braziliantopteam.com/det_...go_noticia=157

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    The TKD fighter was Serkan Yilmaz. The other guy was a Japanese boxer. Serkan beat Muay Thai fighters too but under K-1 rules. I'm still sure he can hold his own in Muay Thai rules also. But yeah fighters like him give TKD a good name.
    Awesome. That guy sure had some speed with those kicks. Haven't seen someone whirl around that fast without losing their balance in a while. Though I will say that 540 spinning sidekick thing was a bit too much flash, and I think he was just showing off because he realized he had succeeded in intimidating his opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 1:17am

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydermv
    I only saw half the video (cut off just after the TKD take a roundhouse to the head, after the axe kick)... and it didn't look like the thai guy dominated, within the rule set. They both traded kicks, they both landed a bit of damage, with the edge to the Thai fighter, even I have to admit.... but as a show case for "kicking"... I think TKD comes off in a good light. He stood toe to toe with the thai guy. As for clinching and the rest, I'm sure the TKD man would have gotten owned, prolly knowing nothing about fighting in this range, but I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think TKD would win in this instance.

Just on a side note, I went to some kickboxing matches this weekend in Grand Portage (northern minnesota) to watch a kid from my school fight in an exhibition match (12 years old, xtrains in boxing and Kboxing). His kicking skills owned his opponent. and the other fighting looked as if they could have used some work in that department. A little TKD cross training is a good thing...
    Watch the whole fight. You'll see why the Thai fighter dominated. In a rule set favouring the TKD guy the Thai fighter still (hey why am I thinking about star wars now) dominated the TKD guy.

Did anyone bother to count how many times he got kicked off of his feet?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 1:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    Watch the whole fight. You'll see why the Thai fighter dominated. In a rule set favouring the TKD guy the Thai fighter still (hey why am I thinking about star wars now) dominated the TKD guy.

Did anyone bother to count how many times he got kicked off of his feet?
    Dude, the TKD fighter sucked. The Thai fighter was better. You act like it's a Muay Thai fighter VS the art of TKD. Like I said I'm sure there are plenty of TKD fighters that would have won. And yeah I agree the rules sucked. I still think they need a well known TKD fighter with a well known Thai fighter with legit rules. Until then it's not enough to say TKD sucks. Most of you can talk **** but it doesn't prove anything.