Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 1:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

M.i.b.

I have two simple questions on "NINJUTSU" that, for some unexplained reasons I still have no answers. May be here I can find the answers:

* Why the heck those guys call themselves NINJA if all they do is TAIJUTSU?
    * Why to dress black in a very bright dojo? (This color was not supposed to be used as camo?)

And another question on General Martial Arts:

* Why do not create more thean 10 DAN... I knew NINJA now have 15 DAN! Why not 50?!
    Last edited by DUH; 1/30/2006 1:40am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:35am

Style: HSR, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a troll. However, I'll feed you because I have nothing better to do with my time. :P

Why the heck those guys call themselves NINJA if all they do is TAIJUTSU?
    忍者 "ninja" translates to "one who endures" or "clandestine one," more or less. One doesn't have to practice any formalized skill to qualify as a "ninja;" it's a profession, not a skill set. Going by a rather strict definition of ninja, they no longer exist. Going by a literal contextual translation, most spies and stuff would qualify as modern-day ninja.

忍術 "ninjutsu" is the art of espionage and concealment. It is not a set of skills developed for fighting, though certain fighting techniques may be included within its penumbra.

The difficulty in answering your question lies in figuring out who exactly "those guys" are that you refer to. If you're referring to the Bujinkan, they do not only practice taijutsu.

Why to dress black in a very bright dojo? (This color was not supposed to be used as camo?)
    Black is a rather silly colour. For night raid type stuff, blue is a more ideal camouflage colour. All I can say is that it's a uniform. Why dress in a white keikogi if that's the type that looks dirty most easily? Just tradition.

Why do not create more thean 10 DAN... I knew NINJA now have 15 DAN! Why not 50?!
    Kano Jigoro, the founder of judo, instituted the dan system. Most gendai budo (modern Japanese martial arts) use this system, and a few older martial arts have adopted it as well. Traditionally, there are only ten dan ranks. The Bujinkan is the only legitimate organization I know of that has dan ranks past tenth. This has been the subject of much debate and criticism in the martial art community.

To answer your question, there's no reason folks couldn't make a more complicated ranking system, but the traditional one works just fine for 99% of the martial artists out there. However, I imagine your question is more of a rhetorical trolling one than anything else...

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 5:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DUH
    I have two simple questions on "NINJUTSU" that, for some unexplained reasons I still have no answers. May be here I can find the answers:

* Why the heck those guys call themselves NINJA if all they do is TAIJUTSU?
    * Why to dress black in a very bright dojo? (This color was not supposed to be used as camo?)

And another question on General Martial Arts:

* Why do not create more thean 10 DAN... I knew NINJA now have 15 DAN! Why not 50?!
    I take it you mean Bujinkan? Maybe some people in it call themselves ninja, I don't and I nobody I know does.

Why dress in black? Dunno. I personally train in a white Judo gi. I don't know the reason for black. Many styles use black and it's probably an arbitary choice.

HOW DO 15th DAN??? WHY DO 15th DAN???
    I believe the extra 5 dans are honorary awards. Yes, it's dumb to have 15 dans search funtion noob yadda yadda yadda.

The question is, why is it important to you?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I were a ninja I would wear a button down shirt and some glasses. Instead of a sword I would carry a briefcase. Instead of throwing blind powder and smoke bombs I would toss out lawsuits.

And I would get 16th dan. Just to spite someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 1:08pm

Style: Judo, Iaido and jodo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "* Why the heck those guys call themselves NINJA if all they do is TAIJUTSU?"

Easier marketing.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 2:19pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus
    The Bujinkan is the only legitimate organization I know of that has dan ranks past tenth.

Eh... Judo?

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    If I were a ninja I would wear a button down shirt and some glasses. Instead of a sword I would carry a briefcase. Instead of throwing blind powder and smoke bombs I would toss out lawsuits.

And I would get 16th dan. Just to spite someone.
    I've read something Hatsumi wrote which is pretty much to that effect. You are a good ninja.

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a troll. However, I'll feed you because I have nothing better to do with my time. :P
    Thanks!

忍者 "ninja" translates to "one who endures" or "clandestine one," more or less. One doesn't have to practice any formalized skill to qualify as a "ninja;" it's a profession, not a skill set. Going by a rather strict definition of ninja, they no longer exist. Going by a literal contextual translation, most spies and stuff would qualify as modern-day ninja.
    1. Ninja?! in Japan NINPO practicioners are SHINOBI.
    2. "...they no longer exist..."
    You are (in a very NINJA way) "deadly" wrong. NINPO is still preserved by Japanese government TODAY! may be you have to update your information on NINPO... :5magnify:

忍術 "ninjutsu" is the art of espionage and concealment. It is not a set of skills developed for fighting, though certain fighting techniques may be included within its penumbra.
    By NINJUTSU you are refferring to NINPO, I suppose...

The difficulty in answering your question lies in figuring out who exactly "those guys" are that you refer to. If you're referring to the Bujinkan, they do not only practice taijutsu.
    In a very generic way: all schools of "NINJUTSU", all MIB we see poping around, .... All those black bla bla bla guys.

Black is a rather silly colour. For night raid type stuff, blue is a more ideal camouflage colour. All I can say is that it's a uniform. Why dress in a white keikogi if that's the type that looks dirty most easily? Just tradition.
    Finally a answer that makes sense. Indeed, dark blue were used by SHINOBI in medieval Japan.

Kano Jigoro, the founder of judo, instituted the dan system. Most gendai budo (modern Japanese martial arts) use this system, and a few older martial arts have adopted it as well. Traditionally, there are only ten dan ranks. The Bujinkan is the only legitimate organization I know of that has dan ranks past tenth. This has been the subject of much debate and criticism in the martial art community.
    To answer your question, there's no reason folks couldn't make a more complicated ranking system, but the traditional one works just fine for 99% of the martial artists out there. However, I imagine your question is more of a rhetorical trolling one than anything else...
    No. It is not - despite it seems so - a troll. I am seriously talking about BS people are selling us about NINPO. I am talking about "pseudo-masters" that appear with all brand new Zen-ish bla bla bla where there's nothing than the simple fact they are selling lies to people.
    According to your own definition of troll, I would say that TROLL are schools selling "secrets" (if they sell it, it is not a secret, tho... DUH!) for a good price, naturally... THIS, IN FACT, IS THE MASTER TROLL!

No BS please... I am noob, but not dumb!
    Last edited by DUH; 1/30/2006 10:45pm at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DUH

I don't think you understand NINJUTSU and NINPO.

There was no NINPO until recently. It is a GENDAI (Modern) term.

The Japanese government does NOT persever Ninpo or Ninjutsu however there are bodies that research various MA schools.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    The Japanese government does NOT persever Ninpo or Ninjutsu however there are bodies that research various MA schools.
    In fact, it does.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast