Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 11:54am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido is Bullshido does

Love this site, however; for a moment I am going to say what needs to be said.

A lot of you sound like a bunch of old ladies, quilting, arguing church! We have the Catholics, (TCMA CMA) the protestants (KARATE, JUDO, KEMPO, JAPANESE JUJITSU) the Pentecostals (BJJ, MMA,) the Unitarians (BOXING, WRESTLING) and the New agers (JKD, KRAVE MAGA, ext.)

It seems that many here think that they have the only way of doing it. That there is only one way to train for “real”. Anything other than the way “you” do it must be bullshido.

Many claim the infamous Mcdojo is after money! Well hell, the Brazilian schools I have seen want to drag out the black belt for up to 12 “solid” years at $125.00 a month. Great scam.

Many here only think that the “Cage” is the only real test of skill. And when anything that defies their understanding happens, they protest too much. The point of training is to win fights. There was that thread with the kung-fu street fight kid where he knocks the kid out after about 5 min. of mouth running and kung-fu posturing. The posts went apeshit about “well the other guy was not trained” “the kid got lucky” well guess what, he won the fight. A real fight. That was not bullshido.

I look at personal profiles; a lot of the biggest mouths here were born in the late 80’s. A lot of the biggest “you do it wrongers” are 15-18 years old. With 4 years of Ma training. **** I have been doing MA’s for 24 years. I have been hurt; I have done the hurting, In 11 years of law enforcement I have charged about 200 people with resisting. Of that about 15 were really serious fights that could have gone really bad. But I have little kids here telling me that I don’t train with “aliveness” and that my training is not realistic.

Well to you, **** off. I have had people try and cut me with box cutters, and screwdrivers. I managed to fight them just fine. Unlike the movies, when you are in a bus station with a hundred people behind the bad guy, we can’t shoot them.

Am I pointing the finger? Hell no. I like to talk **** too. I hate TKD. However, because I am mature enough to listen and research, I can say that DerAuslander108 does TKD that is different than what I have seen. He is a bouncer. He is still a bouncer because he has never had to fight a drunk, or what he dose works. So in that respect, I learned something from this site.

When it comes to who I listen too concerning combat/combat arts. It is not the MMA cage fighters. Yes they can fight. But many of them have not been in “real” fights. Or if they have, they are thugs with records. I listen to those that have occupational experience fighting. There are a lot of things not present in the “cage” things like the unexpected and fear. Those things will really **** up your “plan” so to speak. As an example some in other threads want to call JFS a schitzo. Well from what I gather, he has seen combat and come back. I have been in a few gunfights myself. That **** while not hand to hand is still fighting. The lessons learned there are used latter in hand to hand fighting.

It is great that the name callers here train for the “cage” and you seem to have all the answers when it comes to fighting. Try that **** in the projects while the angry mob is gathering. To me submission is me dead, them handcuffed or them in the back of an ambulance.

To me Bullshido is the Sensei that takes money to teach people how to fight when they themselves have never been in one. You wonder why so many of the TMA are goofy? Because for about 5 generations, these arts have not been used for real. The Mcsensei has been told this works by someone that was told it works.

This is something that the cage has proven. The “unused” TMA have been destroyed by the BJJ guys that used it on the streets of Brazil. But this is still only one ideology and one philosophy. Not the only one. In many instances the TMA guys that use it in the field are finding out what works. As an example, you want to know what I found really takes the fight out of a guy? Throws. You slam someone on the street and they stop fighting. Many here want to call judo nothing more than a sport. Well, throws work for me and I have thrown a lot of people. I do not do judo, and have about 6 good throws but I would not call judo Bullshido.

Back to the Mcdojo, why is it that you seem to think any Dojo that makes a profit must be a Mcdojo? There are bills to pay. Students want the **** for free. Why is that? Do you deserve it? Do you think doctors should work for free? It is hard to teach people to fight. You do it every day and you are sore every night. You have to pay rent. You have to have insurance because the little shits that want “real” training will sue you when they get their nose broke. You have to pay to advertise, to buy the mats and bags, to print certificates, to chase down those that have not paid. It is a business. And I am sure that like my self, other full time Sensei still have to work a full time job to make their house payment.

Are there Mcdojos? You bet. But it is what they are teaching, not how they are charging. It is not even the style so much. It is the individual wearing the instructor patch that makes it a Mcdojo.

So in this respect, those of you that have 2 years of training, that want to point out all that is wrong with those other guys, you are yourselves spewing forth Bullshido with every click of your keyboard. Bitch about TCMA all you want, Dale dugas has posted his home address and accepted the Bike rack after school challenge and yet none of you enlightened ones have taken him up on it. Why is that?

Just think about that before you post during your computer class in high school.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said what YOU think needs to be said. Doesn't imean ts valid.

Before posting try LOOKING over again through the FAQs and other post to see if the same thing hasn't been said before. Come on man you should know this by now.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    You said what YOU think needs to be said. Doesn't imean ts valid.

Before posting try LOOKING over again through the FAQs and other post to see if the same thing hasn't been said before. Come on man you should know this by now.

Well you are right. Then let me say it needs to be resaid because a host of posters post as if they have never read it being burried in the past.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wagamichi, meet strawman, strawman, wagamichi.

I read a bit of your post, then figured, **** reading all that crap.

I think you're right, there are plenty of idiots on here, like every other message board in existence. You whining about it makes you one of them.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of what you spoke on is covered in the FAQs which are at the top of most forums. It the newbs neglect to read them then then deserve the flaims.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    A lot of you sound like a bunch of old ladies, quilting, arguing church! We have the Catholics, (TCMA CMA) the protestants (KARATE, JUDO, KEMPO, JAPANESE JUJITSU) the Pentecostals (BJJ, MMA,) the Unitarians (BOXING, WRESTLING) and the New agers (JKD, KRAVE MAGA, ext.)
    This is a very silly analogy.

It seems that many here think that they have the only way of doing it. That there is only one way to train for “real”. Anything other than the way “you” do it must be bullshido.
    No, but there's a very large chance that you suck if you do certain styles. And there *is* only one way to train for real.

Many claim the infamous Mcdojo is after money! Well hell, the Brazilian schools I have seen want to drag out the black belt for up to 12 “solid” years at $125.00 a month. Great scam.
    A McDojo would give you a black belt in one quarter to one half of that time and most are at an equivalent rate (at least in my area). Besides, what's $125 to train as many hours per month as you can stand in the best martial art in the world?

Many here only think that the “Cage” is the only real test of skill. And when anything that defies their understanding happens, they protest too much.
    I protest that you try to prove a general case with single examples.

The point of training is to win fights. There was that thread with the kung-fu street fight kid where he knocks the kid out after about 5 min. of mouth running and kung-fu posturing. The posts went apeshit about “well the other guy was not trained” “the kid got lucky” well guess what, he won the fight. A real fight. That was not bullshido.
    He moved around doing fancy stances, but when the first punch was thrown he was windmilling like the other guy. His training evaporated under stress, which is unacceptable. In all the BJJ streetfight vids it looks exactly like BJJ in a cage fight.

I look at personal profiles; a lot of the biggest mouths here were born in the late 80’s. A lot of the biggest “you do it wrongers” are 15-18 years old. With 4 years of Ma training. **** I have been doing MA’s for 24 years. I have been hurt; I have done the hurting, In 11 years of law enforcement I have charged about 200 people with resisting. Of that about 15 were really serious fights that could have gone really bad. But I have little kids here telling me that I don’t train with “aliveness” and that my training is not realistic.
    Do you complain when those kids have to tell you how to use a computer? The new generation as the benefit of learning for your mistakes and knows better than to waste time with kenpo.

Well to you, **** off. I have had people try and cut me with box cutters, and screwdrivers. I managed to fight them just fine. Unlike the movies, when you are in a bus station with a hundred people behind the bad guy, we can’t shoot them.
    I don't think I've ever seen disparaging remarks about police officers here. I particularly like the ones that do ISR Matrix.

Am I pointing the finger? Hell no. I like to talk **** too. I hate TKD. However, because I am mature enough to listen and research, I can say that DerAuslander108 does TKD that is different than what I have seen. He is a bouncer. He is still a bouncer because he has never had to fight a drunk, or what he dose works. So in that respect, I learned something from this site.
    But did it change your opinion of TKD as it is practiced in general? If not, you have no ground on which to complain about the kung fu kid mentioned earlier.

When it comes to who I listen too concerning combat/combat arts. It is not the MMA cage fighters. Yes they can fight. But many of them have not been in “real” fights. Or if they have, they are thugs with records.
    MMA fighters span from college-educated to thugs. What kind of data are you basing their fight experience on other than your own self-delusion?

I listen to those that have occupational experience fighting. There are a lot of things not present in the “cage” things like the unexpected and fear. Those things will really **** up your “plan” so to speak.
    ... which is why my BJJ/MMA school trains a couple bouncers and several members of the local SWAT team. Training for the cage requires very little modification to train for self-defence since the delivery systems don't change. If you do something like kenpo then you really aren't training for anything at all because you have a huge artificial division between sparring and self-defence.

As an example some in other threads want to call JFS a schitzo. Well from what I gather, he has seen combat and come back.
    That doesn't change the fact that he is a terrible poster and an appalling man.

I have been in a few gunfights myself. That **** while not hand to hand is still fighting. The lessons learned there are used latter in hand to hand fighting.
    I'd actually be interested in hearing how you applied gun fighting experience to unarmed combat. At worst it will still be funny.

It is great that the name callers here train for the “cage” and you seem to have all the answers when it comes to fighting. Try that **** in the projects while the angry mob is gathering. To me submission is me dead, them handcuffed or them in the back of an ambulance.
    Who has claimed cage fighting is going to save them from a mob like something out of The Warriors? Do you somehow fight off a race riot every day you go to work? As for "submission", if I apply any submission hold in BJJ past the point where someone would tap in training then they ARE going away in an ambulance. It's a difference of inches.

To me Bullshido is the Sensei that takes money to teach people how to fight when they themselves have never been in one. You wonder why so many of the TMA are goofy? Because for about 5 generations, these arts have not been used for real. The Mcsensei has been told this works by someone that was told it works.
    *yawn*

This is something that the cage has proven. The “unused” TMA have been destroyed by the BJJ guys that used it on the streets of Brazil. But this is still only one ideology and one philosophy. Not the only one. In many instances the TMA guys that use it in the field are finding out what works. As an example, you want to know what I found really takes the fight out of a guy? Throws. You slam someone on the street and they stop fighting.
    Many here want to call judo nothing more than a sport. Well, throws work for me and I have thrown a lot of people. I do not do judo, and have about 6 good throws but I would not call judo Bullshido.
    No one calls Judo as a whole Bullshido unless they are retarded. Do you have examples of those claims being made? What most people have issue with is the ground game being lacking and this being further compounded by unrealistic rules in competition.

Back to the Mcdojo, why is it that you seem to think any Dojo that makes a profit must be a Mcdojo? There are bills to pay. Students want the **** for free. Why is that? Do you deserve it? Do you think doctors should work for free?
    Didn't you just complain about the price of BJJ class above? Even at that charge most schools still run barely even and some still at a loss. I know a few examples locally.

It is hard to teach people to fight. You do it every day and you are sore every night. You have to pay rent. You have to have insurance because the little shits that want “real” training will sue you when they get their nose broke.
    How did they survive for so long under the illusion that a broken nose was impossible in training? That's as much the school's fault as theirs.

You have to pay to advertise, to buy the mats and bags, to print certificates, to chase down those that have not paid. It is a business. And I am sure that like my self, other full time Sensei still have to work a full time job to make their house payment.
    No one is going to argue, unless you are like my old mcdojo instructor who's house payments only remained a problem because he kept buying nicer and nicer houses.

Are there Mcdojos? You bet. But it is what they are teaching, not how they are charging. It is not even the style so much. It is the individual wearing the instructor patch that makes it a Mcdojo.
    It's clear you are confusing McDojo with Bullshido like so many others.

So in this respect, those of you that have 2 years of training, that want to point out all that is wrong with those other guys, you are yourselves spewing forth Bullshido with every click of your keyboard.
    A year of proper training is worth a lifetime of training in ****.

Bitch about TCMA all you want, Dale dugas has posted his home address and accepted the Bike rack after school challenge and yet none of you enlightened ones have taken him up on it. Why is that?
    What reason does anyone have to attend? Not only does the challenger go to the challenged in this scenario, but I don't think anyone really cares. "OOOOOH, a crazy guy offering to fight everyone on the internet! Now's my chance to take time away from school/work/family to prove absolutely nothing!"

Just think about that before you post during your computer class in high school.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/29/2006 12:48pm at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't read half the FAQs. I have also not whined about the annoying noobs.

Wagamichi < Decent Poster

EDIT: Excellent, Dreadnaught is here to own your bitch ass, I don't have the patience right now.

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 12:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    This is a very silly analogy.

No, but there's a very large chance that you suck if you do certain styles. And there *is* only one way to train for real.

A McDojo would give you a black belt in one quarter to one half of that time and most are at an equivalent rate (at least in my area). Besides, what's $125 to train as many hours per month as you can stand in the best martial art in the world?

I protest that you try to prove a general case with single examples.

He moved around doing fancy stances, but when the first punch was thrown he was windmilling like the other guy. His training evaporated under stress, which is unacceptable. In all the BJJ streetfight vids it looks exactly like BJJ in a cage fight.

Do you complain when those kids have to tell you how to use a computer? The new generation as the benefit of learning for your mistakes and knows better than to waste time with kenpo.

I don't think I've ever seen disparaging remarks about police officers here. I particularly like the ones that do ISR Matrix.

But did it change your opinion of TKD as it is practiced in general? If not, you have no ground on which to complain about the kung fu kid mentioned earlier.

MMA fighters span from college-educated to thugs. What kind of data are you basing their fight experience on other than your own self-delusion?

... which is why my BJJ/MMA school trains a couple bouncers and several members of the local SWAT team. Training for the cage requires very little modification to train for self-defence since the delivery systems don't change. If you do something like kenpo then you really aren't training for anything at all because you have a huge artificial division between sparring and self-defence.

That doesn't change the fact that he is a terrible poster and an appalling man.

I'd actually be interested in hearing how you applied gun fighting experience to unarmed combat. At worst it will still be funny.

Who has claimed cage fighting is going to save them from a mob like something out of The Warriors? Do you somehow fight off a race riot every day you go to work? As for "submission", if I apply any submission hold in BJJ past the point where someone would tap in training then they ARE going away in an ambulance. It's a difference of inches.

*yawn*

No one calls Judo as a whole Bullshido unless they are retarded. Do you have examples of those claims being made? What most people have issue with is the ground game being lacking and this being further compounded by unrealistic rules in competition.

Didn't you just complain about the price of BJJ class above? Even at that charge most schools still run barely even and some still at a loss. I know a few examples locally.

How did they survive for so long under the illusion that a broken nose was impossible in training? That's as much the school's fault as theirs.

No one is going to argue, unless you are like my old mcdojo instructor who's house payments only remained a problem because he kept buying nicer and nicer houses.

It's clear you are confusing McDojo with Bullshido like so many others.

A year of proper training is worth a lifetime of training in ****.

What reason does anyone have to attend? Not only does the challenger go to the challenged in this scenario, but I don't think anyone really cares. "OOOOOH, a crazy guy offering to fight everyone on the internet! Now's my chance to take time away from school/work/family to prove absolutely nothing!"

Well spoken like someone that has never thought "****, I just about got killed!"

And no I do nothing Like kenpo.
    Last edited by wagamichi; 1/29/2006 1:25pm at .

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Alot of what you spoke on is covered in the FAQs which are at the top of most forums. It the newbs neglect to read them then then deserve the flaims.

You are right your lordship...but most of what is posted has been gone over before. There are about 8 threads here (I love them all don't get me wrong) TKD sucks, Wing chung sucks, you suck, they suck, I know everything, and look at these dumb asses. oh yea...Bjj is great followed by BJJ sucks. thats about it.

And i am not whining, I am griping. And calling out the chicken hawks that want to profess all they know about real fighting when that have little expirence real fighting. Point fighting, boxing, kick-boxing, and the cage are still the games of war and not "real". Brutal, hard to do, taxing, painfull, dangerous, violent, and in need of hard tough fighters that know what they are doing, but not "real." as in some one trying to kill you if they can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 1:20pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well said wagamichi... do these guys think that anyone is going to wade through the ridiculous amount of faqs and old posts on this huge site or just jump into the discussion... i suggest you ignore dread as his head is somwhere in his own world and like you said everything else is wrong... i notice he also doesn't give his age... or time training... go figure... doesn't matter what you say these guys have an excuse or counter example... kind of reminds me of George Dillman... well that is sure to piss em off, but just in case that doesn't i got a few more things that i'll save for later...
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast