Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaric
    And really, how could can it be is good ol' Chuck is promoting it.....

Are you aware that good ol' Chuck is a Machado black belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 9:08am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol meaning that everything he touches turns to gold? He may have learnt grappling, and his style may have some sort of connection to Machado BJJ, but that does not mean for like 20-25 years hes been a shitstain on Martial Arts in general.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oxley started to take his fight to Tankson-Bourelly's body alternating with a couple hard shots to the head and it was the best decision he made as Tankson-Bourelly dropped his hands just long enough for Oxley to land a spinning heel kick to Tankson-Bourelly's head, dazing Tankson-Bourelly and opening him up to a flurry of punches from Oxley. As the center referee stepped in to pull Oxley back, Tankson-Bourelly staggered across the ring and collapsed. The center referee gave him a standing eight count and allowed the match to continue, but Oxley's next attack was quickly cut short as Tankson-Bourelly dropped again and the referee ended the match with a TKO call.
    Maybe kickboxing.But the sport-karate guys seem to be fighting with the same techniques that are found in point-sparring.Lolool!Sounds like Tankson got mangled!

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daigoro
    Sadly, there was little press coverage of this event by Dallas media. Never saw results in the Dallas Morning News and there was a fairly sarcastic article on the WCL in the Observer (the weekly alternative paper).
    Get use to it.Because your gonna have a very hard time finding results on these fights.WCL isn't going to last long.yu'll see!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 2:57pm

Style: Chito-Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check it out: for 30 bucks, Tankson-Bourelly will teach you his speed secrets!

http://www.maslinc.com/index.cfm?act...t&productID=23

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 7:46am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

software engineer

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 8:58am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGaijin
    some comments for that pic, kind sir?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 12:07pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Noris is a good guy. He has trained with Gokor and Judo Gene lebell too and also the Gracies. His kickstart program is a wonderfull idea. If only it or simular programs were more wide spread.
    On a side note that World Combat League just dosent sound like it would work.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 12:33pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd hope with all his competitive experience, Norris would be able to come up with something interesting (haven't seen this, and doesn't look too innovative or progressive from the posts so far). Like I've mentioned before, I think Norris is a man worthy of respect, though he could be criticised for his religious leanings, or the apparent attitude towards minorities occasionally exhibited in Walker (albeit I'm going by commentators on that, not having seen many episodes myself). That's because Norris was a bona fide champion (e.g., undefeated Professional World Middleweight Karate Champion from 1968 to 1974) with a verifiable competitive record (I assume these were all reputable tournaments?). That includes The National Karate Championships (1966), All-Star Championships (1966), World Middleweight Karate Championship (1967), All-American Karate Championship (1967), Internationals (1968), World Professional Middleweight Karate Championship (defeating Louis Delgado on 24 November 1968), All-American Championship (1968), National Tournament of Champions (1968), American Tang Soo Championship, and the North American Karate Championship. Norris compiled a fight record of 65-5 with wins over champions Joe Lewis, Skipper Mullins, Arnold Urquidez, Ron Marchini, Victor Moore, Louis Delgado, and Steve Sanders.

Perhaps even more impressive is his brown belt (though other sources state he has a black) in BJJ under the Machados, having already been instrumental in bringing BJJ to the US in the first place, according to this site:

Chuck Norris brought the first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu seminar to the U.S. in 1988. Mr. Norris had just returned from a trip to Brazil where he trained with Rickson Gracie and Rickson’s father Helio Gracie, the Grand Master of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Mr. Norris was so impressed with their style and technique that he invited them to conduct a seminar in Las Vegas for his Karate Black Belts. This seminar brought about an enormous amount of publicity and thanks to Mr. Norris, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu found its place in the United States. Charles Allen was one of the Black Belts present who attended these seminars.
    No doubt there was more to it than that (I'm sure it wasn't entirely down to him), but clearly Norris had an important role in the popularising of BJJ in the US. I certainly wouldn't call him a 'shitstain' on martial arts, though I'll have to reserve judgement on this latest competition he's associated with.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 1:36pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sdmmedia.com/ncbcps/video/vid3_lg.wmv

Yup, I'd hit it.

Oh, and no man, that's right... NO MAN on these boards should be allowed to bring up Chuck Norris without posting a link to some Walker Texas Ranger clips. You should all be ashamed: http://gorillamask.net/conanwalker.shtml

Dagon
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast