232795 Bullies, 3533 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 25
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Samad is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    8/23/2002 11:29am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She's hot!
  2. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,125

    Posted On:
    4/02/2013 9:31pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh how the quality of discussion has improved in 10 years...
  3. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,134

    Posted On:
    4/03/2013 2:09am

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really...?

    [looks at my posts...]

    But yeah.

    Hows it feel to have been running this place for a decade?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  4. Keej613 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa (Canada)
    Posts
    286

    Posted On:
    4/11/2013 11:47am


     Style: It's complicated.

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are lots of articles online that say that this is a completely commonplace sad reality in the world of competitive bodybuilding. According to what I read, nobody really talks about it openly but it's essentially understood that even most top tier pro athletes / competitors have engaged in this type of activity at one point or another in order to make ends meet because of the high cost of training / supps / travel & living expenses. Back in the day, closeted gays would pay for "private wrestling lessons". Today, weirdos pay to "wrestle" their favourite bodybuilders and fitness models.
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    4/11/2013 11:52am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Necromancy: Level 99!
  6. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,125

    Posted On:
    4/12/2013 2:15pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Hows it feel to have been running this place for a decade?
    Sometimes I have no idea how we got this place off the ground.

    Then I realize that I have no idea how we're keeping it in the sky, and I go back to eating this sandwich.

    Egg salad.
  7. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    4/12/2013 8:26pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I go back to eating this sandwich. Egg salad.
    Is that the triple-raw from Sam 'n' Ella?
  8. vaquero de las nalgas is offline
    vaquero de las nalgas's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PHX or thereabouts
    Posts
    844

    Posted On:
    4/16/2013 5:37pm


     Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keej613 View Post
    There are lots of articles online that say that this is a completely commonplace sad reality in the world of competitive bodybuilding. According to what I read, nobody really talks about it openly but it's essentially understood that even most top tier pro athletes / competitors have engaged in this type of activity at one point or another in order to make ends meet because of the high cost of training / supps / travel & living expenses. Back in the day, closeted gays would pay for "private wrestling lessons". Today, weirdos pay to "wrestle" their favourite bodybuilders and fitness models.
    Off topic maybe, but I meet a lot of people into bodybuilding, iron man, what have you. They never seem to have regular jobs yet they work out for hours and load up on organic food and exotic supplements. How the hell DOES that work?
  9. sambosteve is online now
    sambosteve's Avatar

    Stillness is death

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,896

    Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:02am

    Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Oh how the quality of discussion has improved in 10 years...
    And this is a MABS thread...
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao
  10. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,313

    Posted On:
    4/17/2013 1:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Off topic maybe, but I meet a lot of people into bodybuilding, iron man, what have you. They never seem to have regular jobs yet they work out for hours and load up on organic food and exotic supplements. How the hell DOES that work?
    I work at the Ironman Kona and i hear you.
    I read somewhere that median income for Kona triathletes is somewhere just below $200k/yr.
    Seriously how else can you even afford to race, much less train and buy all that gear? The entry is almost $1000, the better bikes start around $3000 and sky is the limit there.

    So the independently wealthy ones who never work i can understand.
    I know one athlete that works full time in a hospital, has three HS aged kids and still finds time to train TWICE a day.
    How does THAT work?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.