Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    10
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She's hot!

  2. #12
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh how the quality of discussion has improved in 10 years...

  3. #13
    Rock Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,134
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really...?

    [looks at my posts...]

    But yeah.

    Hows it feel to have been running this place for a decade?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa (Canada)
    Posts
    287
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are lots of articles online that say that this is a completely commonplace sad reality in the world of competitive bodybuilding. According to what I read, nobody really talks about it openly but it's essentially understood that even most top tier pro athletes / competitors have engaged in this type of activity at one point or another in order to make ends meet because of the high cost of training / supps / travel & living expenses. Back in the day, closeted gays would pay for "private wrestling lessons". Today, weirdos pay to "wrestle" their favourite bodybuilders and fitness models.

  5. #15
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Necromancy: Level 99!

  6. #16
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Hows it feel to have been running this place for a decade?
    Sometimes I have no idea how we got this place off the ground.

    Then I realize that I have no idea how we're keeping it in the sky, and I go back to eating this sandwich.

    Egg salad.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I go back to eating this sandwich. Egg salad.
    Is that the triple-raw from Sam 'n' Ella?

  8. #18
    vaquero de las nalgas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PHX or thereabouts
    Posts
    861
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keej613 View Post
    There are lots of articles online that say that this is a completely commonplace sad reality in the world of competitive bodybuilding. According to what I read, nobody really talks about it openly but it's essentially understood that even most top tier pro athletes / competitors have engaged in this type of activity at one point or another in order to make ends meet because of the high cost of training / supps / travel & living expenses. Back in the day, closeted gays would pay for "private wrestling lessons". Today, weirdos pay to "wrestle" their favourite bodybuilders and fitness models.
    Off topic maybe, but I meet a lot of people into bodybuilding, iron man, what have you. They never seem to have regular jobs yet they work out for hours and load up on organic food and exotic supplements. How the hell DOES that work?

  9. #19
    sambosteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,918
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Oh how the quality of discussion has improved in 10 years...
    And this is a MABS thread...
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

  10. #20
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,915
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Off topic maybe, but I meet a lot of people into bodybuilding, iron man, what have you. They never seem to have regular jobs yet they work out for hours and load up on organic food and exotic supplements. How the hell DOES that work?
    I work at the Ironman Kona and i hear you.
    I read somewhere that median income for Kona triathletes is somewhere just below $200k/yr.
    Seriously how else can you even afford to race, much less train and buy all that gear? The entry is almost $1000, the better bikes start around $3000 and sky is the limit there.

    So the independently wealthy ones who never work i can understand.
    I know one athlete that works full time in a hospital, has three HS aged kids and still finds time to train TWICE a day.
    How does THAT work?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO