222497 Bullies, 4119 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 2:03pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Q: Are you authentic? What generation of what lineage are you? How can I trust that you're for real and are any good?
    A: "What lineage is Jet Li? Which generation is he? Is he for real? How about Bruce Lee?"
    Ng Mui
    Wing Chun
    Leung Bok Cho
    Wong Wah Bo
    Leung Yee Tye
    Leung Jan
    Leung Bik
    Yip Man (and Bruce's si-hing Wong Shun Leung)
    Bruce Lee

Wow... well there's Bruce Lee's lineage. That wasn't so hard to find. What's that, 9th gen? Or do you not count the founder? 8th then?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 2:10pm

Style: Uechi-Ryu, Aikido, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bullshido or not, that's a pretty hot girl in the center :) do they offer free introductory classes? lol

i love the lineage, quote, too. it's not the lineage that counts, it's the student and the instructor. the lineage can suck ass, but if the instructor is good and the student trains hard, it doesn't mean jack. just comes to show that they're worried more about lineage than actual self-defense.
    Last edited by Tweek; 1/31/2006 2:12pm at .

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 3:19pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek
    it's not the lineage that counts, it's the student and the instructor. the lineage can suck ass, but if the instructor is good and the student trains hard, it doesn't mean jack. just comes to show that they're worried more about lineage than actual self-defense.
    This may be somewhat true, but you should be wary of any place that won't make that knowledge public. It's an easy fucking question. Why won't some places answer it?

I'll tell you why in most cases. It's because they don't actually have any actual training in what they are professing. If someone is "hiding" who they actually are, chances are that they ain't really ****. If someone is "hiding" what they've actually trained, chances are that they ain't really trained in ****.

Besides, the mark of many good TMAs is that you can meet up with your teacher's teacher and people from other generations. If you are missing out on that, chances are your teacher thinks that he's an invincible god who has materialized out of the heavens to train mere mortals, because he's not getting any of that training either.

Dagon

(P.S. Notice that their entire Wing Chun lineage is made apparent.) :XXonlyamo

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 3:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread made me fart. I have too much internal energy built up.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 3:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    This thread made me fart. I have too much internal energy built up.
    I hope you were sitting on a tiger skin :qgreenjum
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 11:47pm

Style: sue-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    This may be somewhat true, but you should be wary of any place that won't make that knowledge public. It's an easy fucking question. Why won't some places answer it?

I'll tell you why in most cases. It's because they don't actually have any actual training in what they are professing. If someone is "hiding" who they actually are, chances are that they ain't really ****. If someone is "hiding" what they've actually trained, chances are that they ain't really trained in ****.

Besides, the mark of many good TMAs is that you can meet up with your teacher's teacher and people from other generations. If you are missing out on that, chances are your teacher thinks that he's an invincible god who has materialized out of the heavens to train mere mortals, because he's not getting any of that training either.

Dagon

(P.S. Notice that their entire Wing Chun lineage is made apparent.) :XXonlyamo

I know that school and many of its members. I've never heard any of them ever refer to it as anything other than a wushu school, or ever even talk about fighting or caring about fighting or what have you. That might be because I don't think the wushu guys associate with the Wing Chun guys and vice versa. That girl in the center (married, by the way), is an instructor. I believe she told me they have a separate Wing Chun class now.

And I don't see much in there that's really all that bullshido. They emphasis wushu and taichi and point out that the Bujinkan portion is only "housed" by them. Then the website basically goes on to say to come check it out and see if you like it and not worry about lineage. You guys make it sound like that's shady or something. And if you really really really want to know the Wing Chun lineage, it's like, right there:

http://www.sdtaichi.com/teachers.html#ben

On the other hand, apparently a lot of people in the wushu community don't like them. Not sure exactly why, but I'm pretty sure it's not because of any advertisement about being a fighting-oriented school.

P.S. Just noticed your disclaimer :XXonlyamo
    Last edited by 720swork; 2/01/2006 11:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 720swork
    On the other hand, apparently a lot of people in the wushu community don't like them. Not sure exactly why, but I'm pretty sure it's not because of any advertisement about being a fighting-oriented school.
    Ahem. They repeatedly use the terms "Wushu" and "Martial Art". One is chinese, one english for the same thing- fighting. Loud commentary about thier "REAL" kung fu.

Yet they're open about the fact that they don't/can't fight? That's called a contradiction. One that sends them straight to the toilet where they belong claiming to be the "REAL" thing....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

answere to your question about JING

Wu Shu is the chinese word for martial art. Unfortunately, this term (wushu) in American is properly translated as demonstration martial art.

JING has highly qualified (sport) wushu instructors and students affiliated with the International Wushu Federation, but they do not teach true fighting. They do not advertise that they teach street fighting.

What they advertise is truthful:
    they are a wushu school
    they are authentic (they have afficliation and credentials as authentic IWF instructors and students)
    they teach Chinese martial arts for sport purposes and health purposes.

they are not a mcdojo, since they are really not teaching a real martial art and street fighting!

By the way, Jet Li is a five time World Wushu champion, and has participated in many choreographed fight sets in competitions, but has never participated in a tournament fight.

-Former Wushu athlete and coach

Office Drone

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmm. . . kinkay

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 7:45am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuaiJohnCain
    BE AFRAID:

It's San Diego's "Jack of all trades", teaching nothing more than the dances that the PRC endorses as "martial arts"....

Upon reading thier website, you will be overridden with hype more typical of SCARS ads. They claim to teach internal styles, yet teach PRC approved Wushu principles, which totally contradict the principles found in real internal methods. The senior instructors can't fight, so they brought in third party WC people and a Bujinkan guy to cover thier asses. Pathetic.

LINK TO WEBSITE
    Anyone know what that stance is the guy is in at the front? Reminds me of something I saw in a Tai Chi form once.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast