• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 7:58pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Frank Dux: Blood sport was BS but can he fight?

I know blood sport was BULL.

But can he really fight? Is his system really ninjutsu?

If there are other threads on him, forgive me.

But i searched the BULLSHIDO section on the forum and the YOUR MARTIAL ARTS SUCK part and found nothing with this topic title so...

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone lies about what they learned, who they learned from and what fighting experience they have I think it makes perfect sense to assume they're telling the truth about their skills

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he could fight why would he have to fabricate the story of the tournament?

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So...

You missed the first "sticky" in the Megathreads forum?

I think it says all that needs to be said.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 8:20pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoops, didnt check that area!

Sorry!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 8:38pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me comment on a trend I have seen that might explain this phenomenon. Bear in mind... this is merely my opinion.

In most oriental cultures, lineage carries a ton of weight. Even back in the day, just someone hearing who your teacher was could deter a possible attack (I have a long story about that for another time). Thus, to gain a rep you learn from someone knowledgeable and if you survive the rigors you have all the credibility you need.

Yet, in Western society with all the capitalist trimmings, it is more about making the money. As a result, teachers are list discriminating in their criteria. If you are the student of "such and such", who cares? You basically paid the money to get the accredation. So what sort of barometer is used to gauge Western martial artist's skills? Battle. It seems in the astute circles, people don't give a shiyt about who taught you whatever... they want to know what you can do with it? Is this an improvement over the other style? Yes, no, maybe? There is a lot that can be said about that particular subject.

This said, can you see how easy and tempting it would be to fabricate some mysterious tournament held in secrecy in mainland China and claim that you were the champion? Would it float in China? Maybe. Would it float in America? Quite possibly. Whether you believe Frank Dux is The Man only matters if you are the guy paying for his classes. There are tons of Martial Arts "Used-Car Salesmen" out there. The question is... are you getting what you want from your training?

Look at the West-Wind threads. There were some people who actually enjoyed taking these classes, even if they turned out to be a scam. Was the happiness real? Brainwashing? So... was it a waste?

**DISLAIMER** Losttrak in no way advocates the false accredations or certification and is as likely to kick a ninja in his shinobi sack as quickly as any other typical Bullshido-dweller. Losttrak has a deplorable need to play Devil's Advocate on occasion so feel free to flame him with abandon should the desire arise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 9:40pm

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother, who goes to USC, has told me that USC has a "Dux Ninjitsu" Club. He has told me of their demonstrations, and of their belt testing. He has told me of their techniques, and of their practices.

Pray that I not repeat them to you all. Pray that that day... never comes.

(PS- yeah, it's bullshit)

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 9:46pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He got his ass beat by Zane Frazier before UFC 1. That is how Zane got a UFC invite.