Throwdown as such - good
    knife sparring - bad
    Aeso - prick
    Osiris - chicken
    Kage - fucking ninja
    DerAuslander - fucking ninja by proxy
    Anthony - rich
    JFS - self diagnosed freak
    Drummerboy - no T-cells (whatever that meant...?)

I hope I summarized it all correctly. Now we can move to other pressing issues like the Palestinian elections.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    I have challenged your training methods and you are unable to defend them. Other than sending someone to stab you there's not really much I can do to empirically prove you're wrong.

When did I bring BJJ into this thread?

I posted the STAB video earlier in this thread. If you haven't watched it, you should. Here is some more material that decries your training:

These are from a private forum but I might be able to do screenshots.
    I have watched the STAB video. Personally, I like what I see. But that doesn't mean I going to stop what I am doing. If there is a STAB seminar in my area (do they do Seminars or just videos?) I would definetely go.

You challenged, I responded, you didn't like my response. The End.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That stab video was terrible too.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I have watched the STAB video. Personally, I like what I see. But that doesn't mean I going to stop what I am doing.
    "AIDS has been discovered but I will continue having unprotected sex with strangers."

You challenged, I responded, you didn't like my response. The End.
    You can't even decide on what your response is, as demonstrated by your contradictions above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    :icon_roll

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis

Nah. It was a fairly good. It was alot of seizing the knife hand keeping control. Throwing the knees to the Thigh is good, I use that alot during sparring (MMA, not knife).

Dreadnought,

That wasn't a contradition, you just suggested a program for knife defense that looks good. However, I still think their are good merits to weapons sparring.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And greese1 doesn't rate a comment.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    That wasn't a contradition, you just suggested a program for knife defense that looks good. However, I still think their are good merits to weapons sparring.
    You switched from "It's for fighting" to "It's fun" when the opportunity presented itself.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fighting isn't fun?

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 1:00am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people: knife sparring is bad
    kagaekaze: why?
    people: you should run away

I know nothing about knives or even bo-staffs, but you could use that same argument against unarmed fighting as a reason to never spar. If we all take the run away route, then all sparring is a bad idea. If you lose an unarmed fight your dead if they guy wants you dead. The end result is the same as a knife fight. Lower probability of dying but still.

I'd definatly run away if I saw a knife. But wouldn't you rather run away with the skills to fight back with your own knife in case he is able to chase you down?

This is all assuming you are able to outrun the guy. There's some very out of shape people in the world and I'm pretty sure they couldn't run away from me. (not that anyone would ever be running from me).

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 1:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman
    people: knife sparring is bad
    kagaekaze: why?
    people: you should run away

I know nothing about knives or even bo-staffs, but you could use that same argument against unarmed fighting as a reason to never spar. If we all take the run away route, then all sparring is a bad idea. If you lose an unarmed fight your dead if they guy wants you dead. The end result is the same as a knife fight. Lower probability of dying but still.

I'd definatly run away if I saw a knife. But wouldn't you rather run away with the skills to fight back with your own knife in case he is able to chase you down?

This is all assuming you are able to outrun the guy. There's some very out of shape people in the world and I'm pretty sure they couldn't run away from me. (not that anyone would ever be running from me).

And that's kinda what I'm saying. Even H2H sparring is NOT realistically simulating a self defense situation. You're being a roleplayer even when you're doing fucking BJJ.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm