Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather **** than say it. That's my idea of putting up and shutting up.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Not at all.

Person A, thrusts. Person B counter cuts, slicing Person A's arm.

This is where Person A runs like hell, as they have just bought themselves time to.
    Person A initiated the action and got cut, THEN ran? Why didn't he run to begin with?

Or, having just disabled Person B's knife arm, moves in to finish.
    Person B has two arms and can still cut you. If you disabled his knife you should be running (since now you can avoid being stabbed in the back :icon_roll).

That's Defanging the Snake.
    I'd like to address this again. You are not the Steve Irwin of knife fighting. If facing down a venemous snake should should be running instead of trying to engage it and getting bitten. Your terminology perfectly exemplifies its own absurdity.

Counter-cutting is a valid strategy found in many systems of Kali and many non-Filipino knife systems.
    This doesn't make mutual knife combat any less idiotic.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:44pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Right, because those judoka sure do know a BJJer when they see one. Let me know when that happens at a BJJ tournament.
    Ahaaaa pulling in the carcass to cover your own rotting smell.

Now, boy, you won't get me, since I know very well where do I stand in terms of my Judo and in terms of my BJJ. And I know it because I have never had an ego problem and the sheer size of my balls was not interfering with my vision.

I cant believe what a lamer did you try to pull off.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:50pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Glad your e-pride is still intact.
    I have no pride.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:52pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have tons of pride!!!

DOH!
    Last edited by Pandinha; 1/27/2006 3:55pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    Person A initiated the action and got cut, THEN ran? Why didn't he run to begin with?
    Sorry, I must have miswrote that.

Person A attacks. Person B countercuts. Person B then either disengages or continues to attack.

Person A does still have two arms, but a cut to their hand or wrist will likely have removed the knife from their grip. Same with stick on stick. Hit the attacker's hand, and he'll drop his stick. This is what makes it safer for you to either A) run like hell, or B) move in for a hopefully final attack.

Person B has two arms and can still cut you. If you disabled his knife you should be running (since now you can avoid being stabbed in the back :icon_roll).
    Re-read what I said. You just agreed with me. If his knife his disabled, then you run like hell, or you move in.

I'd like to address this again. You are not the Steve Irwin of knife fighting. If facing down a venemous snake should should be running instead of trying to engage it and getting bitten. Your terminology perfectly exemplifies its own absurdity.
    It's a concept, an idea. I didn't name it. Remove the knife, your opponent can no longer stab you with it. Hence, defang the snake. It's an analogy, an allusion, poetry, whatever you want to call it. Blame Filipino culture for coming up with it.

This doesn't make mutual knife combat any less idiotic.
    I never said it should be sought out, but not training in it at all is just as idiotic. Sometimes you can't run, sometimes you have no other choice. It's like strikers who say they don't need to learn how to handle themselves on the ground.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really wish you guys (derauslander and kagekaze) would just say "we do it because it's fun" instead of "we train knife fighting so that we can defend ourselves against a knife attack". I mean, is that the REAL reason why you're doing it??

edit: what I mean is... you shouldn't feel the need to legitimize your hobby with "street effectiveness"
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I believe having a mental case representing Bullshido and Throwdowns who have threatened Staff and members actually bother me more than him saying ****. Because I like to say **** alot myself.

... nevermind. I hope we're all past taking e-threats seriously by now.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Who are you again?
    Just some guy on the internet, like you.

Yes, we've seent he skill level of those who attest to his skills, that's why we have this thread about the suckage.
    I'm a noob myself, so my opinion of their skills may be very different to yours. I'd say from what I've seen that I certainly would expect a good ass-whooping from groundcontrolba. fatherdog has met JFS and is a BJJ brown. KageKaze looked like he had good standup skills. AIUI Drummerboy has taught kung fu in the past and now has been learning judo & BJJ for some time. Whether you, or anybody else telling them they all suck, could own them all or not, I cannot say. Because none of you ever show up to try. You see the pattern ?

I see, so you base all your decisions in life, on what others say?
    No, obviously first-hand experience is better. I do pay attention though when every member of the board who's met JFS in person says he has real skills.

I believe having a mental case representing Bullshido and Throwdowns who have threatened Staff and members actually bother me more than him saying ****. Because I like to say **** alot myself.
    Read what people who've met him in real life have to say. As far as him calling people out etc.. read some of Omega's old posts and then get back to me. I have no idea how it's relevant that some of the people he's called out are staff. If phrost has no problem with him organising the Mega, I'm not sure why it should figure.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108

It's like strikers who say they don't need to learn how to handle themselves on the ground.
    and they don't, unless they plan on competing in MMA.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm